24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
zesheeee,

waiting your feedback about the letter you got.

thank you !

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
I feel like I'm the one who has the longer waiting period as of this writing going 13 months this coming May 26, 2010. I am being sponsored by my wife. We send all possible proof of our relationship, photos, letters for 7 yrs, marriage certificate etc...

I got my letter of Acknowledgement from abu dhabi canadian embassy and a IMM5549 form which i completed and sent on April 29, 2009

I got another letter from them in December asking for more wedding photo's and residency questionaire
Then another request in feb 2, 2010 on proof that my wife is residing/working in canada.

How I wish I can be with my wife soon but Abu Dhabi is reaally slow. I had redo my medicals last Mar 11, 2010. I got a mail to re do my medical and they sent the forms by regular mail.

We sent the documents requested in february and to my surprise when I inquire in May 2010 since its more than 12 months about my file they told me that in order to proceed they need the documents they have requested last february. Which my wife already have sent right? So i send them the proof of delivery which i got from fedex online tracking that it was successfully delivered and signed by them... grrrrrr... My documents is there for two months and probably lost. until now no update.

Good thing i'm having a good and well compensated job here So I'm not in a hurry or else!! aarrrgghh

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
jhun_nyor said:
I feel like I'm the one who has the longer waiting period as of this writing going 13 months this coming May 26, 2010. I am being sponsored by my wife. We send all possible proof of our relationship, photos, letters for 7 yrs, marriage certificate etc...

I got my letter of Acknowledgement from abu dhabi canadian embassy and a IMM5549 form which i completed and sent on April 29, 2009

I got another letter from them in December asking for more wedding photo's and residency questionaire
Then another request in feb 2, 2010 on proof that my wife is residing/working in canada.

How I wish I can be with my wife soon but Abu Dhabi is reaally slow. I had redo my medicals last Mar 11, 2010. I got a mail to re do my medical and they sent the forms by regular mail.

We sent the documents requested in february and to my surprise when I inquire in May 2010 since its more than 12 months about my file they told me that in order to proceed they need the documents they have requested last february. Which my wife already have sent right? So i send them the proof of delivery which i got from fedex online tracking that it was successfully delivered and signed by them... grrrrrr... My documents is there for two months and probably lost. until now no update.

Good thing i'm having a good and well compensated job here So I'm not in a hurry or else!! aarrrgghh
Hmmm.. Your response has really scared me as i was thinking residency questionnaire is usually the last stage but seems it is not so after reading your email :(
Where are you from & how many police clearance certificates you had provided them? I believe the delay will only be due to background check.

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
@zeeshee,

I'm originally from the philippines but we choose abu dhabi as our visa office because it's where I live and work.

I sent them two police certificate, one fom the philippines and one from UAE. I dont know about background check but i didnt have any military service on my record nor any criminal conviction.

i dont know whats happening.. so I have signed on another contract to extend my stay here in UAE rather than risking myself waiting for my application to be approved.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Thanks Jhun. I wish you best of luck. I am sure since they asked you for re-medical, it means your application is on end of processing now.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
jhun_nyor said:
@ zeeshee,

I'm originally from the philippines but we choose abu dhabi as our visa office because it's where I live and work.

I sent them two police certificate, one fom the philippines and one from UAE. I dont know about background check but i didnt have any military service on my record nor any criminal conviction.

i dont know whats happening.. so I have signed on another contract to extend my stay here in UAE rather than risking myself waiting for my application to be approved.
Hi

Is your wife a PR or Canadian Citizen? For how long you have been married? I see that you mentioned that they asked u more marriage photos after 8 months of AOR.

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
@zeeshee,

My wife is only a PR, We've been married for almost two years now. But she applied our application few months after our wedding since we need to gather our documents.

Although we have provided photos in our application we did print it ourselves thinking they will put it in a bin after. So when they have asked again we send them picture in bulk heheheh. By the way not just marriage photos they also requested photos of us together.

But before that i have an ongoing application under FSW class through an agent. which i did not pursue per my wife advise since she told me family class is faster. It was rejected and closed for a reason that i didnt submitted required documents (IELTS) thus didnt get the required score.

And I feel the reason the embassy requested for proof my wife is living/working in canada. because in the residency questionaire the questions says when was the last time I saw my sponsor in person. I put "today" since she's with me from November 09 til febuary 2010 in Abu dhabi. We are planning to have our baby and with God's grace our prayers were answered. She went back to canada just to get the necesarry documents the embassy have requested.

Now my dilemma is my wife is due this august How I wish we can be reunited and show my support and have a glimpse of our first born.

We do still plan to comeback here in UAE to finish my contract and save more money and settle in canada for good later.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
@Jhun

First of all many congratulations for the good news of baby :) & i really pray that you both are together when your wife delivers.

My case is then bit simpler than yours as we have been married for 4 years now but i applied immigration only now in Feb 2010 as i didn't felt need of it before. My wife is a house wife & lives with me in Dubai. Our daughter was born in 2007 & we got her Canadian passport in UAE. They had already verified our marriage contract etc at the time of giving our daughter the Canadian passport. I think thats why may be they are processing my case a bit fast as some of my documents related to marriage are already verified. Let's see.

BTW, how did you answered the question in residency questionnaire about cancelling gulf visa?

Let's keep each other posted about any progress.......

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
@zeeshee,

Thank you :) I really hope we will be together before my wife's due date

I guess you should be done earlier than what i have experienced. I think you have a similar case with Mrahmed that i've read in one of the post he manage to get his visa in 9m0's.

I answered yes on that and i put August 2010 as to when I will cancel it. Because last december I already have informed my company about my plan to immigrate. But things change I'm renewing my contract since i'm not sure wether I will have my visa before that. But definitely we will settle in canada once I have my visa.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
All right. I answered them that i will cancel 3 months after PR visa is issued to me as i have a notice period of 3 months after resign.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
AD is very ssssllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwww......It is surpirsing..UAE being such a developed place..you will expect an embassy in such a country to be fast..then again..it might be because they end up having to process applications for citizens from other countries...patience is a virtue I guess...

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
is there any thing new guys on your case except zesheee ? please let us update each other . ;)

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
I want to know one thing that in the end of emails that comes from Abu Dhabi, they write From

Immigration Section / Number

Is this Number different in each of the emails you get? What does this mean?

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
I checked all email communication from them and I only got one number.

Abu dhabi Visa office works only 2 hrs a day? from 8:30 - 10:30 and 3 days off, Tues, Fridays and Saturdays. Maybe that's why its one of the slowest visa processing office arrrggghhhh :mad:

here's a few text from the website

Service Hours
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

The Immigration Section is closed to the public every Tuesday in addition to our weekends (Friday and Saturday) and our statutory holidays.

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.