+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY ONE WHO APPLIED THRU CONSULTANT & CASE APPROVAL RECEIVED DIRECTTLY FROM CIO

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Dear All,

I sent my initial appliction to Nova Scotia through consultant and consultant got a my authority to receive all correspodences on my behalf. But I received my case approved intimated directly from Nova Scotia through e mail. My questions are genuine as given below:

1. The case lodged by consutants to Nova Scotia and the correspodences are given by Nova Scotia or
Visa Office directly to the concerned Consultant instead of candidate.

2. When consultant got in writing from me to receive all correspodences on behalf of me and why did
not Nova scotia send the case approval intimation to my consultant.

3. I doubt the consultant might had obtained all the necessary forms from me and checked all the filled
colums and despatched on my behalf.

4. He might not have the authorised affiliation to the canadian law fourms or not authorised consultant by CIC.
He might have charged me because of checking my documents and despatched the packet on my behalf. In addition to consultants fee, he charged Rs.1500 as courier exp also.

Any body have any knowledge /idea can share with us.

Regards

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there

ur 4th point could be right. also it's possible that he had mentioned ur mail-id in ur forms and his address as correspondence address. so the written letter might be delivered to him. both scenarios r possible. anyway u got approval so it's time to be prepared for next step and not to invite unnecessary tension.

regards.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
sunandan kumar said:
Dear All,

I sent my initial appliction to Nova Scotia through consultant and consultant got a my authority to receive all correspodences on my behalf. But I received my case approved intimated directly from Nova Scotia through e mail. My questions are genuine as given below:

1. The case lodged by consutants to Nova Scotia and the correspodences are given by Nova Scotia or
Visa Office directly to the concerned Consultant instead of candidate.

2. When consultant got in writing from me to receive all correspodences on behalf of me and why did
not Nova scotia send the case approval intimation to my consultant.

3. I doubt the consultant might had obtained all the necessary forms from me and checked all the filled
colums and despatched on my behalf.

4. He might not have the authorised affiliation to the canadian law fourms or not authorised consultant by CIC.
He might have charged me because of checking my documents and despatched the packet on my behalf. In addition to consultants fee, he charged Rs.1500 as courier exp also.

Any body have any knowledge /idea can share with us.

Regards
On point number 4. Yes that would be possible. You can check in the website www.cic.gc.ca if they are indeed an licensed immigration representative.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: ANY ONE WHO APPLIED THRU CONSULTANT & CASE APPROVAL RECEIVED DIRECTTLY FROM

SK,

if your apps have your email ID, CIC will send you a cc. Most probably the email u recd is a cc one, while it went to your consultant as well. Check that angle.

Regards.

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

My consultant did not receive any information. It is me who gave him information ater 15 days on receipt of e mail. Till date, whatever, the information my consultant has, it is from me only. Mr Rishab here in this forum had share his approval details in 1st week of Dec,2009, and he told that he received information regarding case approval from his consultant only who got the intimation from Nova Scotia.

Please express your view point.

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009

sunandan, it is ok. cic usually sends email to the id provided on the application form. and the postal corresp shall be delivered to the address on the form as well. in your case that'd be your agent's.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010

ei8ht said:
sunandan, it is ok. cic usually sends email to the id provided on the application form. and the postal corresp shall be delivered to the address on the form as well. in your case that'd be your agent's.
may be your consultant mistakiningly, mentioned your email address, instead of his own...

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Hi,

I have read your question and I am a new member but I work for a consultant myself, may be I can help answer the question. I am not sure if this is the case with you as well or not.

But in order for representative to get all infromation on your behalf, following must be done.

1. A Use of Rep must be included in the application. Even if you are represented by a friend who will not be paid.
2. A person may be paid but may only do processing fo ryou , may not be eligible to represent you, we call them ghost consultants. Most likely you fall under this category but also in this case he should have not aske dyou to sign the us eof rep form as he wa snot going to represent you.
3. To qualify for being your paid representative, on emuct be authorized by CSIC, you can chcek if he is a qualified consultant at CSIC website.
4. Lastly, I think what does happen sometimes is that the consultant may have used your email address and mailing address on the form instead of theirs and so the CIC will only use the mailing address and email specified on the form

My suggestion would be to ask your consultant if he did put a USe of Rep form in the application. If he did inform the CIC that you have a consultant you prefer that all information and correspondence be also shared with your consultant ( if you want that). If you dont want that then keep it the way it is.
My suggestion is always have a copy of the application your representative has submitted for you. But if you have paid him and he is a member of CSIC and is allowed to represent you, then it is always good to keep him in loop, so that in case any thing needs to be answered, he gets the infromation right away. This helps in avoiding delays.

Hope this helps.