+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any one received positive WES for partime MBA or evening course

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hi

I am working full time and thinking of getting myself enrolled for a part time master program to increase mine points. As of now i have mine BE evaluated by WES as full time 4 year degree....any suggestions

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
economicalindian said:
Hi

I am working full time and thinking of getting myself enrolled for a part time master program to increase mine points. As of now i have mine BE evaluated by WES as full time 4 year degree....any suggestions
What are your points currently?

You will have to complete the degree to claim masters degree points.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
i am at 371....ielts overall 7 ...L- 7.5 R -6.5 S-7 W-7

i am appearing for IELTS again on 30th may and a 8 in L and 7 in R will take me to 420....but i am also planning to get myself enrolled for a part time course....anyone received a positive WES for a part time MBA...

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
economicalindian said:
Hi

Economicindian
By the time you complete you masters, and submit those documents for evaluation, express entry system will be over.

Better appear for IELTS to improve your score.

Did WES evaluate your academics as "two year post secondary......"

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
it is equivalent to 4 year bachelors degree in cananda

niravk said:
Economicindian
By the time you complete you masters, and submit those documents for evaluation, express entry system will be over.

Better appear for IELTS to improve your score.

Did WES evaluate your academics as "two year post secondary......"

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
economicalindian said:
Hi

I did my Part Time MBA got evaluated as Masters. It was a two years course. So, I guess not worth trying to go for masters at this point.

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANXIOUS1 said:
Can anyone say how much point I can get from a ielts band 8

The score for language is calculated based on your individual score in individual skill (Listen, Read, Write, Speak.)

You can try CRS calulcator tool from CIC and input your individual scores there. You will be able to see how much score is there based on your individual skill score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
To convert IELTS Individual skill score to CLB equivalent.. check here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
manojsr said:
The score for language is calculated based on your individual score in individual skill (Listen, Read, Write, Speak.)

You can try CRS calulcator tool from CIC and input your individual scores there. You will be able to see how much score is there based on your individual skill score.

To convert IELTS Individual skill score to CLB equivalent.. check here
thank you very much. I have a clb level 7. I was wondering if I get 8 for each. What my score will be. Because I would like to know if its worth it to retake ielts. Its very costly foe as I have to travel to another country to do it.

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANXIOUS1 said:
thank you very much. I have a clb level 7. I was wondering if I get 8 for each. What my score will be. Because I would like to know if its worth it to retake ielts. Its very costly foe as I have to travel to another country to do it.
What are your individual scores?

jysrikj91

Apr 10, 2015
Hi Everyone...

I have applied for ECA and waiting for the report from WES...

I have 3 years B.Sc degree and 2 years full time MBA....
Will that be accepted as Masters??

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jysrikj91 said:
Hi Everyone...

I have applied for ECA and waiting for the report from WES...

I have 3 years B.Sc degree and 2 years full time MBA....
Will that be accepted as Masters??
Yes; provided that WES recognizes the institution and subject to verified document sent by your university.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANXIOUS1 said:
Anxious1
To get 8 bands in each you must score 35'points out of 40 for each of the subjects.

Btw I find it surprising that your country doesn't conduct IELTS EXAMS? Also check if any other English language proficiency exams that are accepted by Canadian immigration is conducted in your country.