+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Anyone like me who's been a recluse all this time just waiting for months to finally have my spouse and a baby to finally be able to travel and quarantine in a sanitized apartment, have to see them held captive in a capsule instead and also pay for it is hard pill to swallow I hope they make a policy to contact the sponsor to qualify or disqualify them first before generalizing like this and enforcing on everyone.. This is bizzare

Last edited:
Reactions: mahtax

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Anyone like me who's been a recluse all this time just waiting for months to finally have my spouse and a baby to finally be able to travel and quarantine in a sanitized apartment, have to see them held captive in a capsule instead and also pay for it is hard pill to swallow I hope they make a policy to contact the sponsor to qualify or disqualify them first before hula hoping like this and enforcing on everyone.. This is bizzare
Your spouse and baby have PR approved? Then you are not waiting for qualification or disqualification.

When these regulations are published, they will clearly apply to everyone who is not exempted. I doubt you'll get any kind of special notification.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
P R approved yes,
that's the dilemma isn't it when they had to wait for after the winter to fly and then this exceptionally extra cost and having to be still in a no man's land would be an encumbrance as compared to the ones who are flying for pleasure, this is family and I wouldn't want them to be put at risk in (anyone) governments hands..

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
P R approved yes,
that's the dilemma isn't it when they had to wait for after the winter to fly and then this exceptionally extra cost and having to be still in a no man's land would be an encumbrance as compared to the ones who are flying for pleasure, this is family and I wouldn't want them to be put at risk in (anyone) governments hands..
We're all assuming that this will apply to PR holders coming to land or for family reunification, and we're panicking and ranting and raving based on assumptions. They may well be required to do this, they may not.

We need to wait and see.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
True,
but policymaking has to be a valid one to target the offenders and no one has a problem with that.

Just distressed over this since morning wfh luckily hopefully will be a sensible bylaw

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: armoured and k.h.p.

ghrimm

May 3, 2018
Anyone here have a connecting flight out of the four quarantine cities? Trying to rebook that last flight will be annoying, especially not knowing when you'd get the results.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
True,
but policymaking has to be a valid one to target the offenders and no one has a problem with that.
It's quite possible that from a legal perspective (the constitutionality issue) the "valid policy" should be one that targets public health goals, and not 'punishing offenders.'

At any rate, we'll have to wait and see what the policies actually are, speculation here isn't going to clarify much.

(And believe me, with a large family, this is very much not in my interests...)

Reactions: k.h.p.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Surprisingly the virus is not as impactful in the rest of the 3rd world countries, people barely have any real concerns. It's more of a havoc in developed countries, it is such a farrago tbh

Reactions: his*marty