+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

MediaMaverick

Sep 6, 2019
I was going to fly.

I imagine many will land in the US and rent a car - if renting a car is less than 2000$, or more if they're a group, they'll come up ahead. Once a few news stories of people doing just that come out, I imagine restrictions on land borders will increase as well.
Well, they could limit land border crossings to those with Canadian personally registered vehicles....to prevent people from trying to circumvent (some of the) rules. Again, understanding that 14 day quarantine remains a requirement regardless.

I used Air BNB in September since I had stuff in my car to move into my apartment and figured that moving stuff from my car to my apartment (and dealing with parking) would not be acceptable due to quarantine rules....so I ate my rent while at the same time paying for a relatively inexpensive AirBNB I found in Surrey....when I return I am hoping that, now that I am moved into my apartment (and pay for nearby parking), I can drive to Vancouver, park, wear a mask and walk to my apartment where I will quarantine for two weeks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well, they could limit land border crossings to those with Canadian personally registered vehicles....to prevent people from trying to circumvent (some of the) rules. Again, understanding that 14 day quarantine remains a requirement regardless.

I used Air BNB in September since I had stuff in my car to move into my apartment and figured that moving stuff from my car to my apartment (and dealing with parking) would not be acceptable due to quarantine rules....so I ate my rent while at the same time paying for a relatively inexpensive AirBNB I found in Surrey....when I return I am hoping that, now that I am moved into my apartment (and pay for nearby parking), I can drive to Vancouver, park, wear a mask and walk to my apartment where I will quarantine for two weeks.
There's already items in the daily news explaining that the government is working with the US to figure out what to do with the land border points of entry.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
I didn't say essential. I said non-discretionary. That's the word the government is using to describe people coming to Canada to study, or work, or to become permanent residents.

As you yourself point out, Essential right now is extremely narrowly defined. You're a trucker, or you work in the transport industry, or in the medical industry installing vital infrastructure.

So why talk of "going on a vacation we could have postponed" as if that describes people on this forum?

It's almost definitely going to be considered non-discretionary/non-optional (so people will be let into the country) but also not essential (so no waiving of the 2000$ tax). After all that's how it is currently.

I doubt it - Trudeau said there would be "very few exceptions". I really doubt he means us. But there is always hope.
All along they have noted that 'citizens and permanent residents' of Canada will be allowed into the country. PR's have always been included, no reason to deny them now whether deemed essential or not or discretionary. Pay the 'fine', get the test and wait for the result in a medium grade, locked down hotel for 3 or less days.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
All along they have noted that 'citizens and permanent residents' of Canada will be allowed into the country. PR's have always been included, no reason to deny them now whether deemed essential or not or discretionary. Pay the 'fine', get the test and wait for the result in a medium grade, locked down hotel for 3 or less days.
They can't deny PRs entrance to Canada, they are legally not permitted to - in exactly the same way they cannot deny citizens.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
' Pay the fine ' is a tough pill to swallow for many PR's and others.
The 3-day hotel stay while waiting for test results is a good thing and should be more reasonable for those.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
You have a vivid imagination!
Don't think they would charge 2k for 3 nights.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
WTF ??? -

Furthermore, it has come to the attention of the Justice Centre that the federal government is already arresting Canadians arriving in the country by air and transporting them to a secret location, even though they possess a negative PCR test. These citizens are being held unlawfully despite not having been convicted of any offence, not having had access to a lawyer, and not having appeared before a judge. Law enforcement officers are apparently refusing to inform family members of where their loved ones are being held. The letter notes that this policy aligns with the world’s most repressive and undemocratic regimes and is totally unacceptable.

• Angry
Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
There is a rumour hotel will be Radisson.
COVID -19 testing at New Delhi is available right inside Airport. And they claim to give you results in 4-6 hours , it is clearly written there. I think this is much convenient for those who arrive by chance late, say more than 72 or 96 hrs limit of tested time. Here is link:-
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19-rtpcr-test-appointment-booking
Cost of the test is around Rs 3400 =$60 CAD only Copy+paste "Cost of the RT-PCR test & lounge at the Delhi Airport is Rs. 3400/ per person and shall be incurred by the passenger. "

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
WTF ??? -

Furthermore, it has come to the attention of the Justice Centre that the federal government is already arresting Canadians arriving in the country by air and transporting them to a secret location, even though they possess a negative PCR test. These citizens are being held unlawfully despite not having been convicted of any offence, not having had access to a lawyer, and not having appeared before a judge. Law enforcement officers are apparently refusing to inform family members of where their loved ones are being held. The letter notes that this policy aligns with the world’s most repressive and undemocratic regimes and is totally unacceptable.
This group is like QAnon and Trumpists put together. They haven't filed a lawsuit nor will they based on these alleged facts, and they've proven no reality behind their random statement. It's just ultrarightwing insanity.