+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any May applicant waiting for result -- SDS

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello! We applied for SP + OWP via SDS last May 13th. Here is my (SP) time line:

May 13 - lodge application
May 14 - gave my biometrics in VFS in our country
June 2- Medical passed reflected in GCKEY (after webform follow up)
June 19 - biometrics finally reflected in GCKEY (after several webform follow up)
To this day Revieweing eligibility hasnt started yet. My OWP on the other hand have his biometrics reflected in May 19th but no medicals yet even after multiple webforms. I only requested my GCMS notes mid August so the results wont be available before I make decision on or before Swpt 16th.

Unfortunately, my university rejected my deferral request. They also told me even if I get refused they still wont grant me deferral. They offered me either of two options:

1) start online class at my own risk (no refund if ever my visa gets refused after Sept 16)
2) withdraw by Sept 16 (last day to withdraw without financial penalty). But if I withdraw, I will not be allowed to re-apply to the same program and all other M.Eng programs in the same university until a year from the date of my withdrawal. And I have to also cancel my pending visa application if I withdraw in the midst of processing.

What do you think is the better/ lesser evil option of the two? I know that there is a 50% chance that our visa will get approve while doing my classes online, to which we can fly in the middle of the term. But if I get refuse, I will not only losw my tuition fee for that term but also my PGWP eligibility.

Thank you for any insight you can share!
I suggest start online and pray for God! Just make sure that you get the visa. Dont give up.

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
It's the system that triage the files and allocates it automatically to V.O's that leads to quick processing for lucky ones...

My friend [not knowing which vo] sent Web-form to delhi. Some 'BONE-HEAD' sends out standard reply * I guess that was his last day as a human

Another web form sent to ottawa - gone in air - yet to receive response...

Although SDS should be processed in ottawa - mystery continues....
All SDS are processed in Canada? I’m from Pakistan and ours get processed in Abu Dhabi, or is that only for normal stream???

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
All SDS are processed in Canada? I’m from Pakistan and ours get processed in Abu Dhabi, or is that only for normal stream???
Processed:

In ottawa [most of the times for SDS] - based on workload
or elsewhere depending on how system triages..
or county of residence .....

With all the ups N downs - nothing is firm and hard to predict...

Reactions: yesWeCanada

lola33

Aug 27, 2021
I don't think they are following this pattern.
Many may applicants are still waiting.
And IRCC's finalizing 'mostly' july-end and August applied applications. Or people whose biometrics are done recently in August.
I don't know what's going on but this is my observation so far.

hii, where did u get this info from?? about:"inalizing 'mostly' july-end and August applied applications"