+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any January TRV (Temporary resident visa) inland applicants waiting for passport request?

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Any January applicants waiting for passport request for TRV, applied inside Canada? I applied on 24th Jan and yet to receive any updates.

I can see Feb applicants are receiving PPRs and wanna know if there is any other applicants on the same boat as me, or if I did some mistake in filling out the IMM5257e form which is causing the delay.

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello, I hope you receive it soon. I applied on 11th feb and still waiting. I would suggest you to apply for GCMS notes. That way you will at least know whats going on with your file if there are any issues.
Let me know if you receive your PPR.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello, I hope you receive it soon. I applied on 11th feb and still waiting. I would suggest you to apply for GCMS notes. That way you will at least know whats going on with your file if there are any issues.
Let me know if you receive your PPR.
Hello,
what is GCMS notes?

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello,
what is GCMS notes?
GCMS notes will tell you everything about your application. In Canada,You have right to know.So, with that you can apply for GCMS notes which is $5 and you will know exactly step by step whats going on in your application. If you raise a webform,it will also show up in it. If there are issues, They will mention it their system and you will see those detailed explanation in GCMS notes.

Link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
GCMS notes will tell you everything about your application. In Canada,You have right to know.So, with that you can apply for GCMS notes which is $5 and you will know exactly step by step whats going on in your application. If you raise a webform,it will also show up in it. If there are issues, They will mention it their system and you will see those detailed explanation in GCMS notes.

Link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
I did apply for the notes a week ago, hence few more weeks of wait before I get them...However when my MP asked about my status, IRCC told that there are no notes on my application nor there are any red flags, kinda indicating my application isn't even touched yet...Its processed at Ottawa office though I applied from Edmonton, so not sure sure if that's unusual? I think I would have to cancel my travel plans yet again for another month.

Did you apply for the notes? Did it help?

Hope you receive it soon as well.

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
I applied and received it, No major notes in it. the situation you are in is pretty common actually. Don't worry about it, You should be fine. It's just the matter of time. Hopefully we will receive some response soon.

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
I applied and received it, No major notes in it. the situation you are in is pretty common actually. Don't worry about it, You should be fine. It's just the matter of time. Hopefully we will receive some response soon.
What's your VO and where did you apply from?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Do you see any transfer in your notes as per instruction or something like that?

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Do you see any transfer in your notes as per instruction or something like that?
No. Usually they don't transfer file for TRVs, they can process it anywhere in the world and you can get your passport stamped anywhere in the world. I could be wrong on transfer but that's what I have heard and known till now.

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Do you see any note from the CPC Ottawa office? File assigned to officer code as per instruction or something like that?
I did not in my last note but I have applied for notes again,Lets see what happens. I think soon we will all receive some news. It's about time. If they start review, you receive PPR in 24 hours or so. I saw so many applicants who wrote that they received email saying IRCC started reviewing and they get PPR in a day.

Reactions: itspossible9