+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any issues with the Open Work Permit in Quebec?

Moon_Moon

Feb 2, 2016
Hi!

I'm wondering if there are any issues for the Open Work Permit provided to sponsored spouces in Quebec.

I am myself a Canadian in Quebec, and my soon-to-be husband is American. We are planning for him to come next year so that we can get married and apply for the sponsorship, all this within the allowed three months to visit (for tourists, etc). We want to apply for the open work permit so that he can stay and work during the application process, but I'm not sure if there's any issues because we'd be Quebec. There's no mention any where that it would be an issue, but I just want to make sure...

Many thanks to anyone who has more insight on this issue. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should apply outland instead of inland if your husband is American. Americans who apply inland generally have very bad experiences due to the extremely long wait times for inland and the fact you aren't supposed to leave Canada during those three years. Outland is the way to go for Americans.

nyctomtl

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 August 2015
Doc's Request.
11 January 2016 CSQ
AOR Received.
16 September 2015
File Transfer...
07 October 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06 August 2015
Passport Req..
Decision Made 5 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 8 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
20 Feb 2016
Moon_Moon said:
Hi!

I'm wondering if there are any issues for the Open Work Permit provided to sponsored spouces in Quebec.

I am myself a Canadian in Quebec, and my soon-to-be husband is American. We are planning for him to come next year so that we can get married and apply for the sponsorship, all this within the allowed three months to visit (for tourists, etc). We want to apply for the open work permit so that he can stay and work during the application process, but I'm not sure if there's any issues because we'd be Quebec. There's no mention any where that it would be an issue, but I just want to make sure...

Many thanks to anyone who has more insight on this issue. :)
Make sure you check on obtaining QC healthcare coverage also. Pretty sure you need a QSC and I'm not sure when in the inland process you will be able to obtain that. But I agree, apply Outland. I did.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
nyctomtl said:
Make sure you check on obtaining QC healthcare coverage also. Pretty sure you need a QSC and I'm not sure when in the inland process you will be able to obtain that. But I agree, apply Outland. I did.
Everyone who plans on immigrating to quebec through the family class needs a CSQ. So inland and outland are both able to get one. I applied and got mine in a little over a month. If your husband wants health coverage if you apply inland you will need to wait for AIP (approval in principle) and have a CSQ. I applied inland and im from the US because me and my partner could not survive on a single income and i was already here. If your husband can afford to not work for 6-to however many months it takes apply outland like everyone is saying, if your husband absolutely needs to work apply inland.