+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Irish/British people that have moved to Canada, I'd love 2 hear your opinion

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi there anyone thats online at the mo. Myself and my husband are thinking about moving to Vancouver and are really excited about the whole prospect. However i just wanted to ask someone who's made the move already a kind of weird question.

Recently, we had a bit of a debate with a friend about Canada and the Canadian people. Their opinion of the country was ok, however we were quite shocked about what they thought about the people. They were on holiday for a few weeks last year and base their thoughts on that i guess, even though they know some really nice Canadians.

I'm trying to take what was said with a pinch of salt but its left such an awful taste. I'm looking for some reassurance from you Irish or British people (or any other nationality) that have made the move, regarding the people.

Gotta go now but I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you

M

tlanigan

Feb 10, 2007
Re: Any Irish/British people that have moved to Canada, I'd love 2 hear your opi

Hi,

I'm Irish and lived and worked in Canada for a year. I worked in Toronto and considering it's a big city, the people were extremly friendly, polite and helpful! I lived in Alberta too and the people there are just as friendly, very laid back and very welcoming. I think these people you speak of must have had a bad experience, which can happen anywhere. Please don't let it put you off, I've applied for permanent residency and can't wait to go back. Goodluck to you whatever you decide.