+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any GCMS notes expert ? Need help in understanding those

Tkohli

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Can anyone help? I received GCMS notes and I feel decision has been made on my application just need some help from some expert.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Can anyone help? I received GCMS notes and I feel decision has been made on my application just need some help from some expert.
1. Post what the notes say, no one here can give you an answer unless you post them. (remove identity info.)

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
You need to understand that when the visa officer reviews your application, it clearly shows you lack the intentions to study and you want to stay in Canada, which is contrary to the study permit regulations.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
so you got the gcms report before waiting for the decision?

Tkohli

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
These are some of the key points from GCMS

Code:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress Rec’d Date: 2020/02/28
Rec’d Via: VAC Category: SP Subcategory:
Counterfoil Category: SW-1 Case Type: 24
Restoration: N
Group #: 2-TMO70SX
Code:
ASSESSMENT
Eligibility: Passed 
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - 
Bio Org Crime:
Medical: Passed 
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete 
Final: Approved
Counterfoil Req: Yes
Also, down in the notes it shows 3 documents are generated- Study Permit with some document no. , Work Permit(Co-op), and Counterfoil.

I know it seems obvious that the visa is approved. Still nervousness is the thing that led me to post this query here.Concern is the application status still being in process and open instead of being closed.

Tkohli

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Hi

1. Post what the notes say, no one here can give you an answer unless you post them. (remove identity info.)
Just did
so you got the gcms report before waiting for the decision?
I actually received an email for final decision dispatched on 21st March and the next day complete lockdown happened at my place. So haven't recieved my decision till now that's why I thought of applying GCMS and recieved before i got the results in mail or online.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
No indi
These are some of the key points from GCMS

Code:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress Rec’d Date: 2020/02/28
Rec’d Via: VAC Category: SP Subcategory:
Counterfoil Category: SW-1 Case Type: 24
Restoration: N
Group #: 2-TMO70SX
Code:
ASSESSMENT
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed -
Bio Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final: Approved
Counterfoil Req: Yes
Also, down in the notes it shows 3 documents are generated- Study Permit with some document no. , Work Permit(Co-op), and Counterfoil.

I know it seems obvious that the visa is approved. Still nervousness is the thing that led me to post this query here.Concern is the application status still being in process and open instead of being closed.
No indication of it being closed

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Yes application is still open
but Final says approved and I have 3 required documents generated one of which is Counterfoil
if it is a counterfoil then it is approved. You have nothing to worry about. congrats man!