+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any dentist graduates trying Express Entry for immigration? NOC 3113

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I have a dentist friend who wants to confirm whether he needs the licence or any other exams before applying for PR application. It is my understanding that exams and licence are needed for jobs in Canada not to get PR. What is your intake guys? I would appreciate the prompt response. Thanks in advance.

rtcteacher

Aug 13, 2017
I have a dentist friend who wants to confirm whether he needs the licence or any other exams before applying for PR application. It is my understanding that exams and licence are needed for jobs in Canada not to get PR. What is your intake guys? I would appreciate the prompt response. Thanks in advance.
Your understanding is correct. You dont need the license to apply for PR...

Reactions: BillHyatt

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
You are giving wrong info,for us dentists we choose masters or professional degree if i remember,do yourself a favour and correct your info it will boost your scores a lot
Write what WES determines to be the Canadian equivalent of your education. For BDS in India, WES determined my degree as "Masters or Professional....", so choose Professional Degree in EE since WES is what validates your education if you used WES.

*But, I quit dentistry soon as I graduated. So my EE NOC code is different, based on new career. But, education is still BDS and hence WES equivalent for BDS was entered in EE profile (WES determined it to be: Professional study in dentistry).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sourabhwdhw93

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Hi.. I have created EE profile for my sis who recently completed BDS.. Her score is 398 and for experience I did entered 1 year paid rotary internship too.. Has anyone submitted EE profile with paid internship or any advise on same? She is giving IELTS again in Sep to improve score

milapsida

May 26, 2017
Hi.. I have created EE profile for my sis who recently completed BDS.. Her score is 398 and for experience I did entered 1 year paid rotary internship too.. Has anyone submitted EE profile with paid internship or any advise on same? She is giving IELTS again in Sep to improve score
i guess internship dont get counted as work experience.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
i guess internship dont get counted as work experience.
If it was paid, full-time, and job responsibilities match the noc description, and most importantly you can get an experience letter that caters to requirements of IRCC then I don't see why it shouldn't count.

prisai90

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it was paid, full-time, and job responsibilities match the noc description, and most importantly you can get an experience letter that caters to requirements of IRCC then I don't see why it shouldn't count.
Because we were not eligible to get registered as dentist till we graduate

prisai90

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was talking about the one-year internship, aka house job after graduation.

Yup talking about same ....it's part of our degree ....the exp can be counted after we get registered with the dental council

Our internship normally say "Complusary rotatory paid internship" ...

Reactions: Kui