App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Hi guys, my job profile is of a credit risk model development on banking data. We develop PD, LGD models used to estimate the expected loss of a financial portfolio like credit cards and loans for a bank. In this profile, we use a lot of statistical techniques like logistic regression etc. I work on a programing language SAS.

My education background is B.Sc (Hons) Statistics and MSc Financial Mathematics. I am confused which NOC should i go ahead with as I am not able to find an appropriate one. I was thinking to file under 2161 Statistician. Is there anyone with a similar profile like mine?

Please reply guys.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
averma said:
Hi guys, my job profile is of a credit risk model development on banking data. We develop PD, LGD models used to estimate the expected loss of a financial portfolio like credit cards and loans for a bank. In this profile, we use a lot of statistical techniques like logistic regression etc. I work on a programing language SAS.

My education background is B.Sc (Hons) Statistics and MSc Financial Mathematics. I am confused which NOC should i go ahead with as I am not able to find an appropriate one. I was thinking to file under 2161 Statistician. Is there anyone with a similar profile like mine?

Please reply guys.
Hi you can write the HRSDC with your job duties and ask them which Noc would suit your occupation. I hear they reply within 4 hrs. I hope this helps.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
averma said:

Please reply guys.
If you are not sure about your NOC, you can write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities for each company, they will let you know which NOC is the closest fit.

All the best!

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
Hi, my duties are very similar to yours and I had the same doubts, but eventually I've decided to choose 1112 NOC.
However, in case of choosing 1112 NOC you will need to make sure that the job duties listed in your job reference letter do not sound too mathematical. Try to adjust them more to the financial side.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Kane89 said:
Hi, my duties are very similar to yours and I had the same doubts, but eventually I've decided to choose 1112 NOC.
However, in case of choosing 1112 NOC you will need to make sure that the job duties listed in your job reference letter do not sound too mathematical. Try to adjust them more to the financial side.
Thanks kane. But I wonder if I can also choose 2161 Statistician because I have worked on statistical techniques a lot like regression. Also, I hold a Bachelors in Statistics and Masters in Financial Mathematics.
I am sending you a personal message.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
averma said:

Please reply guys.
I have exactly same profile. Select 1112: Financial and Investment Analysts

seth.puneet4u

Feb 24, 2017
Hi.. I have the similar work profile.does anybody got the clarity on the NOC Code to be used. I am also confused between 4162,2161 and 1112.Please advice

latenacite

Nov 1, 2021

Please reply guys.
Hi averma, did you figured out the correct NOC code ? I am in the same boat as you. Thanks.