+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any couples who have both applied under EE ?

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Hey Members,

I applied under EE and recently my application went into 'Background check in progress'. I am the primary applicant while my spouse is secondary applicant. We know this is going to be a wait now and hoping for a positive result in the end.

Meanwhile, my spouse completed his 1 year and should have more points than me. Does it make sense for him to put an application under EE where I would be the secondary applicant.

I am not sure if anybody can answer that for certain, but thought of taking feedback from the group:

1. Would there be any conflict if he also puts his application with myself as secondary applicant
2. Since score is not coming down, he might get invited in OONP. if he does not apply now, there may not be enough seats left for OONP
3. If we see any positive news for my application, we can withdraw his application at that point.

Most importantly, how would CIC view if there are 2 applications from a couple ?

appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
caimi

Saraki

Jun 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
08-06-2015 PNP
AOR Received.
24-05-2015 EE
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
Won't be needed
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
If you have extra money to pay as application fee & RPRF, go ahead!

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Thanks Saraki! Fee would be required only post ITA.

There is no certainty of ITA in recent weeks and even if there is an ITA, we would have 60 days to submit the application (pay fees).

That would keep a placeholder for his application.

My query is if there could be any kind of conflict ?

caimi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caimi said:
Thanks Saraki! Fee would be required only post ITA.

There is no certainty of ITA in recent weeks and even if there is an ITA, we would have 60 days to submit the application (pay fees).

That would keep a placeholder for his application.

My query is if there could be any kind of conflict ?

caimi
I'm not sure just thinking aloud.. Maybe he declares upfront that he has applied for EE before and provides the reference number in his profile even though he wasn't the primary applicant. That should take care of your concerns about conflict.

But this will only be beneficial if for some reason your application doesn't go through and he receives an ITA and you get a second shot at the process. Else this is just wasteful in my opinion.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caimi said:
Hey Members,

I applied under EE and recently my application went into 'Background check in progress'. I am the primary applicant while my spouse is secondary applicant. We know this is going to be a wait now and hoping for a positive result in the end.

Meanwhile, my spouse completed his 1 year and should have more points than me. Does it make sense for him to put an application under EE where I would be the secondary applicant.

I am not sure if anybody can answer that for certain, but thought of taking feedback from the group:

1. Would there be any conflict if he also puts his application with myself as secondary applicant
2. Since score is not coming down, he might get invited in OONP. if he does not apply now, there may not be enough seats left for OONP
3. If we see any positive news for my application, we can withdraw his application at that point.

Most importantly, how would CIC view if there are 2 applications from a couple ?

appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
caimi
why? if you're already at the background check stage, why would you want to start all over again?

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
I'm not sure just thinking aloud.. Maybe he declares upfront that he has applied for EE before and provides the reference number in his profile even though he wasn't the primary applicant. That should take care of your concerns about conflict.

But this will only be beneficial if for some reason your application doesn't go through and he receives an ITA and you get a second shot at the process. Else this is just wasteful in my opinion.
Totally agree Asivad! That is the only scenario which I am thinking about.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
purplesnow said:
why? if you're already at the background check stage, why would you want to start all over again?
Purplesnow,

To be honest background check stage is the most meaty part of the whole application process since make or break decision is going to be at this stage. Rest all seemed to be administrative process . That is just a personal opinion...

We were thinking of Plan B just in case...

any feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
caimi

swaroopmn

May 1, 2011
Hi,

I have not read any where that both spouse cannot apply for EE. If you think your husband can have more score then go ahead and later you can withdraw your application.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caimi said:
Purplesnow,

To be honest background check stage is the most meaty part of the whole application process since make or break decision is going to be at this stage. Rest all seemed to be administrative process . That is just a personal opinion...

We were thinking of Plan B just in case...

any feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
caimi
seems like a lot of work to get back to where you already are. If you're switching to him being the main applicant, he needs language and ECA whereas under you those were optional. Maybe he already has them.. you may need new police certs? depends on your circumstances. He'll need work letters now. All to go back into the pool with a couple extra points to wait for another ITA to submit everything to get back to where your application already is? Points don't matter after ITA so its not going to be of any benefit to you coming in on a higher scoring ITA.. I personally don't see the point. So far as I can tell, the next stage after background check is decision made so you're almost there.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
purplesnow said:
seems like a lot of work to get back to where you already are. If you're switching to him being the main applicant, he needs language and ECA whereas under you those were optional. Maybe he already has them.. you may need new police certs? depends on your circumstances. He'll need work letters now. All to go back into the pool with a couple extra points to wait for another ITA to submit everything to get back to where your application already is? Points don't matter after ITA so its not going to be of any benefit to you coming in on a higher scoring ITA.. I personally don't see the point. So far as I can tell, the next stage after background check is decision made so you're almost there.
Thanks purplesnow and swaroop for your feedback!

Boils down to our personal situation really.

cheers,
caimi