+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

answer from call centre about local office and file transfer, need help

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
I called call centre several times, some agents told me that my file was transfered to local office in Feb, but today I called again and the agent said it "request to be sent to local office", but they don't know whether local office received it or not, as they did not see any note from local office showing "adknowledge to receive", agent also said it may be the local office has not updated information.

Is it normal?

I am afraid the transfer got lost?

I applied since Sep last year, so far nothing updated, is that normal? I heard many people applied in Oct and Nov last already got the citizenship!

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Re: different answer from call centre about local office, need help

Hi there
of course this is normal. if you read the others comments regarding this matter you can see more weird answers . next week, you can call them again and ask them.

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
suresure said:
is that normal? no response since my application been in processed, I applied last Sep.
Looks like you are very sensitive, try to take it easy...they will contact you when it is your turn. Not all Call Center agents are well trained, last week when I called them one of the agent told me my processing date as my transfer date at local office, thats impossible...but I dint argue, just cut the call and called again to a different agent. He was very knowledgeable gave me proper info. It happens with cic call center all the time, dont be fooled by one agent, do a secondary check if you are not satisfied.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
yes. that's true. I am also September applicant and my file hasn't transferred yet . I called them several time and I got my ATIP and I found out that some files without any special reason has stucked in Sydney . also I found out that there are some other people like us and there is noting we can do except waiting

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
yes. that's true. I am also September applicant and my file hasn't transferred yet . I called them several time and I got my ATIP and I found out that some files without any special reason has stucked in Sydney . also I found out that there are some other people like us and there is noting we can do except waiting
hi, how did ATIP show some files has stucked in Sydney ?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
ATIP Doesn't show that but when you see that all the actions that needs to be done in Sydney is already done 3 months a go and the rest(those ones that remains blank) should be done in local office,and according those documents they didn't need any thing else at all, it makes you believe that my file is stuck .

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
ATIP Doesn't show that but when you see that all the actions that needs to be done in Sydney is already done 3 months a go and the rest(those ones that remains blank) should be done in local office,and according those documents they didn't need any thing else at all, it makes you believe that my file is stuck .
I ordered physical file at Feb, I found some remark for my minor's files by hand writing,but it doesnt show at ATIP report which I ordered at March

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
really? are they help full? can they help you understand your situation better?
I will ordered another report to compare,what I understand is waiting......

Ironfist

Nov 23, 2013
suresure said:
is that normal? no response since my application been in processed, I applied last Sep.
That is absolutely not normal to get different responses to the same question from different call-centre agents.
They should be better trained to understand their jobs they were hired for.
Same thing happened to me I called once they told me it was transferred I called second time they told me it is still in Sydney.
I hope new minister will take care of the reformation of CIC including call centre as it looks like agents do not understand what they are doing in some cases, and it all will be taken care of in near future.