+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another TRV question

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi, just switched over to the new portal. This is for my Thai GF. For the question why do I need a visa, does she say:
1 Tourism
2 to visit my spouse, common law partner.....
3 other family member or friend
I think it would be incorrect to put common law partner - we are living together 5 months per year, maybe that is enough?
Other family or friend seems a little casual?
Tourism - this is not really accurate as she is coming to visit me, though she will engage in tourism activities

Or does it really matter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, just switched over to the new portal. This is for my Thai GF. For the question why do I need a visa, does she say:
1 Tourism
2 to visit my spouse, common law partner.....
3 other family member or friend
I think it would be incorrect to put common law partner - we are living together 5 months per year, maybe that is enough?
Other family or friend seems a little casual?
Tourism - this is not really accurate as she is coming to visit me, though she will engage in tourism activities

Or does it really matter?
She is not your spouse or common-law (12 months continuously living together) so 3.

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi, on the IRCC secure account the question has different options for her:
1. tourism
2. to visit family or friends
Personally I think #2 is more accurate, as the sole reason for visiting is to see me.
Totally confused as to which portal to use (IRCC secure account vs IRCC portal). The applications are quite different. Does it matter which one I use?