+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another restoration question

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
Hey there,
Sorry but I have another restoration question.
If you apply within the 90 days for restoration of status as a visitor, but the 90 days passes and you're still waiting to hear from them, are you allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made? I was told you're not under implied status but... you're applying from inside Canada, so if you came back, you'd be seeking a new entry. If you hear back and you're then refused or rejected, what happens then? Are you deported or given the opportunity to make arrangements to leave on your own first? Are you allowed to come back in the future?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey there,
Sorry but I have another restoration question.
If you apply within the 90 days for restoration of status as a visitor, but the 90 days passes and you're still waiting to hear from them, are you allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made? I was told you're not under implied status but... you're applying from inside Canada, so if you came back, you'd be seeking a new entry. If you hear back and you're then refused or rejected, what happens then? Are you deported or given the opportunity to make arrangements to leave on your own first? Are you allowed to come back in the future?
You can remain in Canada until a decision is made. You do not have implied status during this time - you are out of status in Canada during this time.

If you want to leave while waiting for the restoration application to be processed, you would make your own arrangements to leave.

Yes - you are allowed to come back in the future. When you return, it would be up to the CBSA officer if you are allowed into Canada or not and for how long. It would be smart to spent a number of months outside of Canada and establish ties again in your home country (e.g. job) before attempting to return for a visit.

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
You can remain in Canada until a decision is made. You do not have implied status during this time - you are out of status in Canada during this time.

If you want to leave while waiting for the restoration application to be processed, you would make your own arrangements to leave.

Yes - you are allowed to come back in the future. When you return, it would be up to the CBSA officer if you are allowed into Canada or not and for how long. It would be smart to spent a number of months outside of Canada and establish ties again in your home country (e.g. job) before attempting to return for a visit.
So if I get refused in the end and have spent months out of status, will I not be allowed entry? I'm likely going to be applying for a study permit in the future and would like to be able to study here.