+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another country's Police Certificate requested

Saki_A

Feb 12, 2019
Hello,

We applied for my PR (Outland family class) in March 2019.
We already got SA and biometrics completed and medical passed.

Then I got the police certificate request on April 26.
My nationality country where I live now (because I didn’t need to submit it upfront) and another country where I’ve lived more than 6 months since I was 18.

According to the Guide 5525,
Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:

• The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and

• The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.

Actually I’ve lived in Morocco for 1 year and 7 months. It was over 5 years ago.
But I don’t currently live in Morocco and I’m over 30 so I didn’t think the period was most of my life( less than 10 %!).
That's why I didn't submit it upfront.

I sent a message to IRCC on their form, but they haven’t replied yet.
I told them above and it’s very hard for me to get it.

Do you have any ideas?
Do I have to submit it somehow?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
You need to submit every police check for ANY country you live in for over 6 months over the age of 18. You'll need to get this police check and send it. If you don't , your application could be refused. Contact the Morocco embassy in your residing country to find out the procedure. You were probably given 30 days to submit the police check but it will most likely take longer to get it, so send another webform once you apply for it abd upload the reciept as proof that you have applied for it and are waiting for it. They will allow you an extension in Time to provide it.

Last edited:

Saki_A

Feb 12, 2019
You need to submit every police check for ANY country you live in for over 6 months over the age of 18. You'll need to get this police check and send it. If you don't , your application could be refused.
Thanks for your quick response !
I knew that, but I thought they changed the rule of police certificates because the Guide 5525 says.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Unfortunately if they asked for it specifically, they want it. Normally you only need to submit personal history for the last 10 years. They asked my husband for all personal info since he was 18. He's 34 now.. Unfortunately, seems they do what they like :( just need to comply and get it over with. Good luck with your case:) message if you have anymore questions

Saki_A

Feb 12, 2019
Unfortunately if they asked for it specifically, they want it. Normally you only need to submit personal history for the last 10 years. They asked my husband for all personal info since he was 18. He's 34 now.. Unfortunately, seems they do what they like :( just need to comply and get it over with. Good luck with your case:) message if you have anymore questions
Oh I see ...
I’ve heard many times it’s up to the officers .
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I’ll try to get the police certificate as soon as possible so they continue to process my app.
Thank you so much again :)

Reactions: shalenabennie

shielassi

Feb 19, 2020
@Saki_A did you end up getting the PCC from Morocco? What process did you use
Hi, did you get any idea how to apply for PCC from Morocco? I applied from their embassy here in UAE but several months have passed and they have no idea about the status despite several follow-ups I made. Would appreciate it if you could share with me the option you used. Thanks in advance!