+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Do you mind if I ask how you know background check hasn’t started? Are you viewing on cic or ecas?
If you linked your application to a cic profile you can see it in there. It has all the steps such as biometrics, medical exam etc and has the status for each of them. For a background check it clearly states if it has been started or not.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
If you linked your application to a cic profile you can see it in there. It has all the steps such as biometrics, medical exam etc and has the status for each of them. For a background check it clearly states if it has been started or not.
oh I know it states that in there cuz that’s where I view. Just odd that yours says it hasn’t started. Mine has said it since I linked the application month or so ago so I assumed it says that for everyone

Iman-ir

Aug 11, 2021
Hi Dominic. What your background check section exactly says? That does not show anything. Should be the same for everyone. My application was transferred to Ankara on April and still I have not received any response. Thanks

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hi Dominic. What your background check section exactly says? That does not show anything. Should be the same for everyone. My application was transferred to Ankara on April and still I have not received any response. Thanks
As of today our background check section says it hasn't started yet and we will be contacted once it does. Something like that and that never changed since we linked the application in February. When did you apply? Maybe it is different for 2021 applicants.

Iman-ir

Aug 11, 2021
As of today our background check section says it hasn't started yet and we will be contacted once it does. Something like that and that never changed since we linked the application in February. When did you apply? Maybe it is different for 2021 applicants.
My background check section says : we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. They received my application on September 2020. Application transferred to Ankara on April. I think what it says does not have any meaning.

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Hello

I sent email to Ankara vo and they replied

Greetings,
Please be advised that your file will be processed as quickly as possible and you will be advised if there are any outstanding documents/issues. Once all the statutory requirements have been met a passport request letter will be sent to you.
Please bear in mind that our processing times have altered considerably due to the current pandemic situation.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
Hi friends, It has been 10 months that I don’t have any updates regarding my file and I am in background check processing . I tried to contact ankara visa office by email and I received below response. Does anyone know about this secondary review?

Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hi friends, It has been 10 months that I don’t have any updates regarding my file and I am in background check processing . I tried to contact ankara visa office by email and I received below response. Does anyone know about this secondary review?

Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.
Is there anything related to your application that makes it to stand out from regular ones? Such as previous removal orders, violating visa terms outstanding documentation or documentation that needs to be verified by the visa office because they have doubts for whatever reason?

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
Well, I am in Canada with visitor visa, since beginning of pandemic, I asked for an extension because all flight was canceled at that time, and it has been accepted without any issue. I don’t know if it would impact my application.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Well, I am in Canada with visitor visa, since beginning of pandemic, I asked for an extension because all flight was canceled at that time, and it has been accepted without any issue. I don’t know if it would impact my application.
I wouldn't be worried if you are in Canada. Sooner or later you will get a reply. And there are many other ways to extend your stay if it will be needed. The most important thing is that you are united with your family. Majority of us have family members outside of Canada and it is very hard to wait while being apart.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
I wouldn't be worried if you are in Canada. Sooner or later you will get a reply. And there are many other ways to extend your stay if it will be needed. The most important thing is that you are united with your family. Majority of us have family members outside of Canada and it is very hard to wait while being apart.
[/QUOTE
I wish you be united with your family very soon . It is really hard to be far from each other in this situation.

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019

Greetings,

What about biometric and medical ? Didn’t you receive any emails ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If an interview is required you normally have to return to Turkey.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
What about biometric and medical ? Didn’t you receive any emails ?
Yes , The ircc received my application on October 2019, and I passed my medical and received pre arrival on November 2020. After that I don’t have any updates until now. I contacted with mp and she told me it’s in background check and security check.