+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Does anybody know if Canadian Embassy in Ankara is open during this week of holidays? Please share if you receive any updates.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Hey guys. Hoping someone might be able to tell where in the process I am with sponsoring my wife. iRCC website says that Outland spousal sponsorship is back logged with cases from 2019 but I surprisingly received news this week. Here’s my timeline

March 5, 2021 - Application Recieved
March 8, 2021 - Recieved AOR, showed both sponsor app and PR in process
July 20, 2021 - Biometrics Request
July 21, 2021 - Medical Request
July 21, 2021 - Sponsor Approval Letter
July 21, 2021 - PR Application forwarded to Ankara VO for further processing

My wife did her medical yesterday July 24th and is heading to Ankara next week for her Biometrics. Any info as to where were standing in this process would be helping. Thanks in advance

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hey guys. Hoping someone might be able to tell where in the process I am with sponsoring my wife. iRCC website says that Outland spousal sponsorship is back logged with cases from 2019 but I surprisingly received news this week. Here’s my timeline

My wife did her medical yesterday July 24th and is heading to Ankara next week for her Biometrics. Any info as to where were standing in this process would be helping. Thanks in advance
The next step for you would be to receive a confirmation that medical results were received (usually takes 2-3 weeks) and then you will need to wait till VO provides any further updates. We applied in August 2020, and haven't received any updates since February. I tried sending emails, web forms, but got only standard replies saying application is in process. However there was one person here who applied in January, 2021 and had a decision made status in July already. So fingers crossed, hope they will speed up the process

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
The next step for you would be to receive a confirmation that medical results were received (usually takes 2-3 weeks) and then you will need to wait till VO provides any further updates. We applied in August 2020, and haven't received any updates since February. I tried sending emails, web forms, but got only standard replies saying application is in process. However there was one person here who applied in January, 2021 and had a decision made status in July already. So fingers crossed, hope they will speed up the process
hey.

so the doctors uploaded the results this morning July 27 and cic is already updated saying medical passed. Literally. 7 days from request sent to medical given, uploaded and passed

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Guys if anyone has received any updates from Ankara VO this week please share. Especially would love to hear from those who applied in 2020.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Guys if anyone has received any updates from Ankara VO this week please share. Especially would love to hear from those who applied in 2020.
updated timeline

July 24, 2021 - Medical Taken
July 27, 2021 - Medical Received
July 27, 2021 - You passed the medical exam

Wife has an appointment August 3rd at Ankara VFS Global to provide Biometrics

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
updated timeline

July 24, 2021 - Medical Taken
July 27, 2021 - Medical Received
July 27, 2021 - You passed the medical exam

Wife has an appointment August 3rd at Ankara VFS Global to provide Biometrics
Thanks for sharing. Congrants with updates on a Medical Exam! If anyone else received something from Ankara V.O. this week please share with us.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Hey.
Wondering if anyone on this thread might have experience in this that may help me understand the process. I am sponsoring my wife from Iran. We have NOT Recieved a passport request yet however I want to understand how it works for getting the visa stamped for Iranians. As there is no VO in Iran. Her application is at the Ankara VO. I assume Iranians cannot use the courier service as no couriers deliver between turkey and Iran. So is there an in person submission process as the vfs website says no in person submissions. And if yes there is an in person submission process how many days does it if she travels to Ankara for the submission. Anyone with knowledge or experience with this specifically for Iranians I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey.
Wondering if anyone on this thread might have experience in this that may help me understand the process. I am sponsoring my wife from Iran. We have NOT Recieved a passport request yet however I want to understand how it works for getting the visa stamped for Iranians. As there is no VO in Iran. Her application is at the Ankara VO. I assume Iranians cannot use the courier service as no couriers deliver between turkey and Iran. So is there an in person submission process as the vfs website says no in person submissions. And if yes there is an in person submission process how many days does it if she travels to Ankara for the submission. Anyone with knowledge or experience with this specifically for Iranians I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks
This thread has over 550 pages. You can start by reading back a few of them at least, there are some reported examples of passport request and visa handling.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
This thread has over 550 pages. You can start by reading back a few of them at least, there are some reported examples of passport request and visa handling.
i have previously done this and found no mention to the solution im Seeking. Previously vfs accepted in person submission now they do not. Hence why I have posed the question

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
i have previously done this and found no mention to the solution im Seeking. Previously vfs accepted in person submission now they do not. Hence why I have posed the question
I have read about many Iranians recently approved for PR and they somehow managed to get a visa in their passport. Therefore, I believe you shouldn't worry about it at all as once you will receive a passport request, you will be provided clear instructions to follow. They also include country specific contact details etc. In the worst case scenario you may need to travel to the closest visa office near Iran such as Georgia and send your passport from there. But again I'm pretty much sure they have an easier solution to your issue. The hardest part for now is getting that passport request. We applied a year ago and haven't received any updates since February. I sent a few requests to confirm the status of the application and only received standard replies saying it is in process.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
I have read about many Iranians recently approved for PR and they somehow managed to get a visa in their passport. Therefore, I believe you shouldn't worry about it at all as once you will receive a passport request, you will be provided clear instructions to follow. They also include country specific contact details etc. In the worst case scenario you may need to travel to the closest visa office near Iran such as Georgia and send your passport from there. But again I'm pretty much sure they have an easier solution to your issue. The hardest part for now is getting that passport request. We applied a year ago and haven't received any updates since February. I sent a few requests to confirm the status of the application and only received standard replies saying it is in process.
hey thanks for your response. The part about the travelling to Georgia or another country used to be an option but since Covid vfs are not accepting passports in person which is odd because my did her biometrics in Ankara today. So somehow it’s got to be mailed in. Thanks for your response though. Appreciate it