+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi,
My spouse got a passport request yesterday.
My question: How long is the PR Visa they will attach to passport is valid for? Or the COPR?

Below is ourtimeline:

Application received in Nova Scotia Jan 11, 21
Sponsorship Approval: 2021/03/12
Bio & Medical Request: 2021/03/26
Application Moved to Ankara VO: 2021/04/13
Invitation to Pre-arrival services: 2021/07/09
Permanent Residence Application Status: Decision Made 2021/07/09
Request for Passport: 2021/07/12

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
My question: How long is the PR Visa they will attach to passport is valid for? Or the COPR?

Below is ourtimeline:

It will most likely be valid to one year anniversary of medical, IE roughly march or April 2022 (depending on date medical was completed not requested)

Reactions: caissaca

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hi,

Below is ourtimeline:

Congratulations! That was very fast! Your spouse should arrive to Canada by the time your medical exam expires (valid for 1 year). May I ask primary applicant's country of origin?

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Congratulations! That was very fast! Your spouse should arrive to Canada by the time your medical exam expires (valid for 1 year). May I ask primary applicant's country of origin?
Thank you dominic. Yes absolutely, we are both Turkish.
we did hire a lawyer to make sure we weren't missing any paperwork and we had multiple reviews - not sure if that helped with fast responses however I was not expecting anything until Jan 2022 based on speed they were processing the applications...
hopefully everyone's application will get responses as fast from now onwards..

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Guys I know I keep posting similar things, but please continue sharing your time line especially if you got an update after medical results were received. This is very helpful mentally for those who have been waiting for a long time due to covid.

Reactions: Glidag

Sahar_kh

Jun 6, 2015
I also got the letter on the third of December, no thing has changed since then, I emailed them asking about my situation ,they sent me the following.

Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Migration Section
Hi just wanted an update on what happened next I got the same email today and it has me worried on what it means, can you please update me thanks

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Hi just wanted an update on what happened next I got the same email today and it has me worried on what it means, can you please update me thanks
I also got same email from Ankara VO 2 weeks ago. What’s your timeline and current status before get this email ?

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I also got same email from Ankara VO 2 weeks ago. What’s your timeline and current status before get this email ?
Probably it doesn't mean much. They might have a 2 stage process for all files and the first can be a high level quick assessment to make sure nothing is missing and the 2nd stage might be about making a decision. This is just my guess, but from what I read it doesn't look as smth to be worried about. They may also send the file to other VO for preliminary assessment. Please let us know your time line.

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Probably it doesn't mean much. They might have a 2 stage process for all files and the first can be a high level quick assessment to make sure nothing is missing and the 2nd stage might be about making a decision. This is just my guess, but from what I read it doesn't look as smth to be worried about. They may also send the file to other VO for preliminary assessment. Please let us know your time line.
Thank you for your message. I got pre arrival on February and then paid ARC on April and Removal Fee on June Hopefully I am waiting PPR and COPR. What’s your timeline?

sorooshsa

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,
I got Pre-Arrival, Decision made, and Passport Request on 6th of July. The Visa office received it on 12, Jul.
my question is that when they return the passport with PR visa, will they issue and send the CoPR simultaneously? Or I should expect getting the CoPR in other means, like Email?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I got Pre-Arrival, Decision made, and Passport Request on 6th of July. The Visa office received it on 12, Jul.
my question is that when they return the passport with PR visa, will they issue and send the CoPR simultaneously? Or I should expect getting the CoPR in other means, like Email?
The COPR and visa will be returned to you together.

Reactions: sorooshsa

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Thank you for your message. I got pre arrival on February and then paid ARC on April and Removal Fee on June Hopefully I am waiting PPR and COPR. What’s your timeline?
Your situation seems to be unique as I haven't heard of anyone paying for an authorisation to return to Canada. Are you from a visa exempt country? Or I misunderstood smth? We applied for spousal sponsorship in August, 2020, passed medical exam in February and haven't received any updates afterwards. I tried filling a web form, but received only a standard reply saying application is still being processed.

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Your situation seems to be unique as I haven't heard of anyone paying for an authorisation to return to Canada. Are you from a visa exempt country? Or I misunderstood smth? We applied for spousal sponsorship in August, 2020, passed medical exam in February and haven't received any updates afterwards. I tried filling a web form, but received only a standard reply saying application is still being processed.
Yes my case is different because when I was in Canada I got removal order that’s why I paid arc and removal cost fee.