+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Today I see a 'ghost' update on GCKey acc the status changed from submitted to application/profile updated, but theres no actual update to be found.

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
hey guys, i just received my pre-arrival letter
timeline:
AOR: 24 FEB 2020
BIO :17 SEP 2020
App moved to Ankara: 14 OCT 2020
CSQ request: 18 OCT 2020
CSQ received: 20 NOV 2020
AOR2:4 JAN 2021
Pre-arrival letter: 31 MAR 2021
Congratulations could you shere please what show online on ECAS status it's shows decision made or in process? Thank you

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Congratulations could you shere please what show online on ECAS status it's shows decision made or in process? Thank you
thanks, it's still in process because i am a Quebec applicant and haven't done my medical yet, until i complete the medical it won't change to decision made and they have not requested the medical yet

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
hey guys, i just received my pre-arrival letter
timeline:
AOR: 24 FEB 2020
BIO :17 SEP 2020
App moved to Ankara: 14 OCT 2020
CSQ request: 18 OCT 2020
CSQ received: 20 NOV 2020
AOR2:4 JAN 2021
Pre-arrival letter: 31 MAR 2021
Congrats!! This gives me hope that things are moving! I am feb 2020 applicant too!

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
thanks, it's still in process because i am a Quebec applicant and haven't done my medical yet, until i complete the medical it won't change to decision made and they have not requested the medical yet
Oh thats so interesting. Ive never met an applicant who got their pre arrival before doing their medical. Nothings in order these days haha!

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hey! First of all congrats!
My AOR is Feb 14, 2020 and we STILL did not recieve any news after that. we keep having ghost updates, still no biometrics, still no medicals. Doy uo think this is normal? We got our CSQ Oct. 5th 2020 and thats it no more news.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh thats so interesting. Ive never met an applicant who got their pre arrival before doing their medical. Nothings in order these days haha!
Applicants in some countries get the medical request later in the process (towards the end), I believe because files tend to go over one year so higher likelihood they will have to re-do. I can't say how common pre-arrival is before medical request but since pre-arrival is a conditional eligiblity (some things like criminality and security may not be complete), makes sense pre-arrival can come before medical in some cases. (Since actual refusals for medical reasons in spousal sponsorship is extremely rare, they'd just require whatever conditions like infectious diseases get treated).

Reactions: athinavidi

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Some of you guys mentioned you got pre arrival months ago and still waiting for PPR. My question is did you also get the decision made status change ? Im trying to understand if i can be hopeful of getting PPR anytime soon or it could again take months for that

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Yes, unfortunately everything is messed up, in an iranian group I’m part of, people are getting pre arrival and decision made at the same time, and even applicants way after us ( june 2020) are getting decision made, i mean good for them and I’m happy for them, but it’s really unfair that i haven’t even got my Medical, but people after us are getting decision made left and right!

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Some of you guys mentioned you got pre arrival months ago and still waiting for PPR. My question is did you also get the decision made status change ? Im trying to understand if i can be hopeful of getting PPR anytime soon or it could again take months for that
Congrats!

Jan 20, 2020 applicant here... still haven’t heard anything... application still in progress...

Reactions: EhsRm

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020

Could you share your timeline?