+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Sorry honey ,i just see some updates on the other thread( February 2020 outland) from lebonan applicants, and it seems they’re moving, but who knows what are they really doing and how are they really processing our apps, let’s just hope we all hear from them soon, i have asked my MP to get a follow-up for our case ,as soon as i hear from him I’m gonna let you know
Thank you very much :)

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hello are application February 2020 also, Last update January 4 2021 VO Ankara started processing ,my husband from Turkey. Ankara VO is so slow we had enough waiting time. l e-mail to them but nothing l don't know other VO's are doing better what is wrong with them:(
omg bende! Kocam Turkiyede and I am a feb. 2020 applicant too. I got the timeline of my gckey and everything changed to we are reviewing eligability, we are processing, we are doing background check 2 weeks ago. before that it was just " when we recieve your application we will let you know..." Cok sacma yaa okadar yavaslar ki!!!

Reactions: DilanCayan

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
omg bende! Kocam Turkiyede and I am a feb. 2020 applicant too. I got the timeline of my gckey and everything changed to we are reviewing eligability, we are processing, we are doing background check 2 weeks ago. before that it was just " when we recieve your application we will let you know..." Cok sacma yaa okadar yavaslar ki!!!
Hello merhaba Aynen bizim evraklarda ayni islemde sizinki gibi ... malesef acayip yavas lar ... enough is enough right??? Waiting time is so upsetting us ... hopefully soon for all us thanks for replying back

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hey everyone today i FINALLY received an update from Ankara VO. They finally sent us the biometrics request and asked for my birth certificate. I'm guessing and hoping thats all they wanted from us to complete the decision.
There were 2 emails sent, first they also asked for medical and application fee but quickly they sent a correction email and removed those because fee was already paid and probably they found out they shouldn't ask for a medical redo.

Im a Jan 2020 applicant btw ! So hopefully you guys will hear something soon
CONGRATS!! Hopefully not too long left now till the PPR! Did you mention when you got the “started processing” update in Ankara? Im Feb 11 applicant and I know you are Jan 20 so hopefully its not much longer for an update for us!!

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Anyone hear anything??? Jan 20, 2020 here with completed biometrics and medical. Haven't heard anything after jan 5 processing update.

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Hello Fellow Canadian Applicants

I seek your opinion in similar desperation of hope :(

I am a Feb 10, 2020 applicant, when I applied I received my sponsorship approval, medical request, biometrics within a couple of weeks from Ankara ....

Then we went to lock down, I was able to complete my medical in June and did my biometrics in October at Ankara.

I recently got a similar Jan 5th message like the rest of you guys, saying we are processing your application

I also have another note which says : We sent you medical instructions on February 27, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I did my medical in June 2020 and my medical was sent through their E-Medical system, I made several attempts with Ankara and sent them the receipt I received from my medical examiner showing that it was submitted through E-Medical, but no update on this yet.

Any of you guys have some input for me? It has been almost 10 weeks since the famous Jan 5th message and no news... Do you guys think going to MP would actually help the case?

Any input would be appreciated, it would help me avoid pulling my hair out. By the time I am reunited with my spouse I may be bald at this rate.

Please HELP!!!!

...sponsor is in Canada, applicant is in Iran

Last edited:

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hello Fellow Canadian Applicants

I seek your opinion in similar desperation of hope :(

I am a Feb 10, 2020 applicant, when I applied I received my sponsorship approval, medical request, biometrics within a couple of weeks from Ankara ....

Then we went to lock down, I was able to complete my medical in June and did my biometrics in October at Ankara.

I recently got a similar Jan 5th message like the rest of you guys, saying we are processing your application

I also have another note which says : We sent you medical instructions on February 27, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I did my medical in June 2020 and my medical was sent through their E-Medical system, I made several attempts with Ankara and sent them the receipt I received from my medical examiner showing that it was submitted through E-Medical, but no update on this yet.

Any of you guys have some input for me? It has been almost 10 weeks since the famous Jan 5th message and no news... Do you guys think going to MP would actually help the case?

Any input would be appreciated, it would help me pulling my hair out. By the time I am reunited with my spouse I may be bald at this rate.

Please HELP!!!!

...sponsor is in Canada, applicant is in Iran
Dont worry about medical. They send me an email saying you gotta do it again then immediately corrected it and send me another one with the biometrics. Its just a mess how they work. Like ur a Feb applicant and got ur biometrics but they held mine saying its because of covid ! Nothing makes sense and MPs cant do much. I know its frustrating but be a bit more patient im sure all of you Jan and Feb applicants will hear something very soon. It might just be that they went through ur files already and didnt seem to need anything else and send it for a final check before sending you the DM and PPR. So hang in there and keep sharing your updates with the rest of us. Usually they send updates to a bunch of applicants on a same day and it usually is on a Monday or a Tuesday.

Reactions: DilanCayan

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Anyone hear anything??? Jan 20, 2020 here with completed biometrics and medical. Haven't heard anything after jan 5 processing update.
Jan 23 here. Didn't hear anything after Jan. 5. It's frustrating. I saw a ghost update yesterday March 13. "Application/file updated". No emails yet.
Asked MP to enquire about the application progress last week, they said Ankara is a mess. Call us back in two months!

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
CONGRATS!! Hopefully not too long left now till the PPR! Did you mention when you got the “started processing” update in Ankara? Im Feb 11 applicant and I know you are Jan 20 so hopefully its not much longer for an update for us!!
Hey Sarah, it seems like your applicant is in Iran as well! Do you know any timelines with similar applications, I am a feb 10, but no news. Does applicant country affect processing times. Getting info verified from Iran will probably add tons of delay! ?

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Dont worry about medical. They send me an email saying you gotta do it again then immediately corrected it and send me another one with the biometrics. Its just a mess how they work. Like ur a Feb applicant and got ur biometrics but they held mine saying its because of covid ! Nothing makes sense and MPs cant do much. I know its frustrating but be a bit more patient im sure all of you Jan and Feb applicants will hear something very soon. It might just be that they went through ur files already and didnt seem to need anything else and send it for a final check before sending you the DM and PPR. So hang in there and keep sharing your updates with the rest of us. Usually they send updates to a bunch of applicants on a same day and it usually is on a Monday or a Tuesday.
Thanks Mate! I thought I was the only one but it seems like there a sea of people in the same boat as me... I will update as I get feedback

Reactions: EhsRm

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hey Sarah, it seems like your applicant is in Iran as well! Do you know any timelines with similar applications, I am a feb 10, but no news. Does applicant country affect processing times. Getting info verified from Iran will probably add tons of delay! ?
Hi Daniel! Me and you seem to have the exact same timeline. Im a Feb 11 2020 Applicant and I got my update from ankara on Jan 7. Since then I also havent heard anything back. Im the Sponsor in Canada and the PA is Iranian but living in Lebanon. It seems like Ankara is just such a mess and we cant get any information other than what they post on ecast. Its so annoying but we are just trying to be patient and awaiting the next update.

Reactions: daniel.teh

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I got a new message today asking for another medical examination.
Hi,

That means they are working :) can you share when your app was received please?
They used to extend the medical, what happened to that? I think its shameless to ask people for a second medical, putting people lives at risk because VOs were taking a break for 9 months!
Let's say someone got Covid and the scan shows, what is IRCC going to do? They cannot deny a spouse for medical reasons anyways. Do they even think before asking if what they ask for is useful at all?
I am going to send a complaint to MP.