+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
They have increased staff in Canada and yet they transfer files to overwhelmed VOs outside Canada. IRCC said in September 2020 that it's impossible to transfer files between VOs! Now they are processing files that would otherwise go to Ankara in Beijing, Ottawa, and Mississauga.
It's a mess.
It's funny how their advocates were arguing on Facebook that it's absolutely impossible to move the Files!
I dont know if its impossible to request to transfer files to another VO but for sure for us iranian applicants everything seems to be impossible these days. One thing for sure is that since government of Canada has absolutely no relation with iran, all iranian documents can only be validated in Turkey or maybe some other neighbor countries. I personally wouldn't even bother requesting for something like that. That would just add up to the delay anyway. We have no other option than waiting.
Lets just keep each other up to date in case of any movement. Good luck guys

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Yeah thats possible, probably they were doing worse than ankara VO and still stuck at 2019 or even 2018 applicants. What a shitshow seriously
No that’s not true on February 2020 outland thread people from Lebonan are getting decision made and PPR, i think it’s because we Iranians can be pushed around however they want!

Reactions: DilanCayan

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
No that’s not true on February 2020 outland thread people from Lebonan are getting decision mads and PPR, i think it’s because we Iranians can be pushed around however they want!
Hello are application February 2020 also, Last update January 4 2021 VO Ankara started processing ,my husband from Turkey. Ankara VO is so slow we had enough waiting time. l e-mail to them but nothing l don't know other VO's are doing better what is wrong with them:(

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hey everyone today i FINALLY received an update from Ankara VO. They finally sent us the biometrics request and asked for my birth certificate. I'm guessing and hoping thats all they wanted from us to complete the decision.
There were 2 emails sent, first they also asked for medical and application fee but quickly they sent a correction email and removed those because fee was already paid and probably they found out they shouldn't ask for a medical redo.

Im a Jan 2020 applicant btw ! So hopefully you guys will hear something soon

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Hey everyone today i FINALLY received an update from Ankara VO. They finally sent us the biometrics request and asked for my birth certificate. I'm guessing and hoping thats all they wanted from us to complete the decision.
There were 2 emails sent, first they also asked for medical and application fee but quickly they sent a correction email and removed those because fee was already paid and probably they found out they shouldn't ask for a medical redo.

Good news for you guys... Congratulations :) May l ask when Ankara started processing your application ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Has anyone seen this garbage?
I've written on this somewhere here before, can't find right now.

I think this formulation "most applications received between..." refers to (is the same language they use for) their favoured "most applications are processed within one year." It seems to mean that 80% are processed in that so-called 'normal' timeframe (now not normal because of covid).

And it seems to correspond to the data in the spreadsheets - that appr 80% of files submitted in May 2019 have got to final stage (PPR/COPR).

It does NOT mean that they are not working on other files or that files submitted after that have not been completed. Even for late 2019 ~50% were complete, and for all of 2019, well over 50%.

Neither does it mean one should expect now that it's 20 months to get to the same timeframe - it's a lagging indicator and the numbers will catch up to what's happening to files now, eventually.

My interpretation and I know this won't be much comfort, but it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Hello are application February 2020 also, Last update January 4 2021 VO Ankara started processing ,my husband from Turkey. Ankara VO is so slow we had enough waiting time. l e-mail to them but nothing l don't know other VO's are doing better what is wrong with them:(
I think most january and February apps got in pross on january 4th, but unfortunately no news since then

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020

Thank you for sharing :) this is good news. Would you share what day in January your app was received? Mine is 23. I want to see how far they are from my app

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
No that’s not true on February 2020 outland thread people from Lebonan are getting decision made and PPR, i think it’s because we Iranians can be pushed around however they want!
Hi
That's good news if all Feb 2020 files from Lebonan are getting DM. Is it true that the VO in Lebonan got closed and the files were transferred to other VOs? Has this happened in 2021?
If Ankara is not dealing with Lebonan Apps from 2019, then that's not the reason for their delay.
Please share info if you know. :)

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Hi
That's good news if all Feb 2020 files from Lebonan are getting DM. Is it true that the VO in Lebonan got closed and the files were transferred to other VOs? Has this happened in 2021?
If Ankara is not dealing with Lebonan Apps from 2019, then that's not the reason for their delay.
Please share info if you know. :)
Sorry honey ,i just see some updates on the other thread( February 2020 outland) from lebonan applicants, and it seems they’re moving, but who knows what are they really doing and how are they really processing our apps, let’s just hope we all hear from them soon, i have asked my MP to get a follow-up for our case ,as soon as i hear from him I’m gonna let you know