+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hey guys, I contacted my MP a few days ago asking to follow up on our application. Unfortunately, her assistant called me yesterday saying he'd had a conversation with Ankara and they rejected our application on that day (interesting coincidence!). He was not able to tell me why they rejected the application, only that the applicant is not eligible, and told me they'd be in touch with the decision/reason and the next steps to appeal, etc. in a couple of weeks. I see today that the status has changed to Decision Made on ECAS, but with no additional information. The CIC dashboard still says our application is in process. It's very interesting because we even received the pre-arrival about a month ago, so not sure what caused this decision.
I wanted to ask if you've ever heard of a spousal sponsorship application being rejected and if so, what was the reason for it? Thank you.
I am so sorry to hear this :(

Reactions: JFK_YVR

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

Do you know how long it takes for "in process" to change to "decision made"? I mean recently. My app is in process by Ankara since Jan. 5 2021. App received Jan 2020.

Thanks

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

Do you know how long it takes for "in process" to change to "decision made"? I mean recently. My app is in process by Ankara since Jan. 5 2021. App received Jan 2020.

Thanks
Im exactly in same situation but no one knows, if everything is to the officers satisfaction then shouldn't take longer than a month and it really depends on each case. In my case we never got the biometrics request and thats worrying me but best way to find out about any detail on the process is ordering gcms notes. You might get a few things they never mention on the portal system we have access to

Reactions: Aziiiiiiiin

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Mine is still in process and it

how long after, decision made, did you get your passport back? I have decision made but vfs still says my passport is in process. So confused!
Similar as your case. Ankara has the passport since 6th Jan. Vfs says in process

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Similar as your case. Ankara has the passport since 6th Jan. Vfs says in process
They have had. We sent our passport on Dec 11th but took 10days to get tracking and had been in process since Dec 29th.

I got ‘Decision made’ on IRCC website on Jan 19 but vfs tracking still says application is in process!
Has anyone been in this situation? Want to know how long after the decision made I can get my passport?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
They have had. We sent our passport on Dec 11th but took 10days to get tracking and had been in process since Dec 29th.

I got ‘Decision made’ on IRCC website on Jan 19 but vfs tracking still says application is in process!
Has anyone been in this situation? Want to know how long after the decision made I can get my passport?
Decision made usually happens before PPR

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Decision made usually happens before PPR
Like I mentioned in previous messages, I had a 'decision made' before Passport request and then when I sent in the passport it changed to "In process" and then after a few weeks it changed back to Decision Made. That is why i was so confused

fella76

Oct 13, 2020
Hi there, I got the passport request and checked the account,it showed DM same day, I didn’t get ppr before dm, our passports are at the Ankara embassy since 20 th of January,according to vsf tracking, let see how long would it take to get them back

Reactions: Vazira

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi there, I got the passport request and checked the account,it showed DM same day, I didn’t get ppr before dm, our passports are at the Ankara embassy since 20 th of January,according to vsf tracking, let see how long would it take to get them back
My passport is at the embassy since January 20 as well, will see how long it will take to get passport back

Reactions: Masert and fella76

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
These updates we talk about means they started processing the next batch. Yours is way ahead of us if you sent it for PPR already. Hopefully you will get it back soon
It still says it is in process. Been 7 weeks now. It is so messed up!