+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
People who have received both pre-arrival and passport request: Would you be able to share how long it took for you to receive the passport request after getting the pre-arrival? Thanks!

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Congrats! Could you please share your timeline?
Thank you ! Application submitted on September 19,2019. Transferred to Ankara VO on December 10. Medicals and biometrics were done on November 2019. Got additional documents request on November 25, 2020. Then submitted them on December 25. Pre arrival letter - today

Halakrt

Aug 16, 2020
Hi guys I got my pre arrival letter Jan 7 2021 I checked on my gckey account today and it doesn’t show the progress bar anyone else have the same issue or does anyone know what that means

Reactions: EhsRm

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi guys I got my pre arrival letter Jan 7 2021 I checked on my gckey account today and it doesn’t show the progress bar anyone else have the same issue or does anyone know what that means
The same for us, time bar is gone, we got pre arrival just yesterday

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Yeah wtf the bar is gone ! I waited patiently for the 100% thinking a portal will open up where i can contact them directly asking for updates ! Was i wrong about that? cause thats what i heard from some other people here. Im a Jan 20th 2020 applicant. How can i contact them directly to ask for updates? Gcms notes requires a consent letter and takes too long to respond.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Lol, yeah, I think that's why their page was down for a day or so. They were busy removing the 1-yr bar since it's pretty much meaningless now :rolleyes:

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Lol, yeah, I think that's why their page was down for a day or so. They were busy removing the 1-yr bar since it's pretty much meaningless now :rolleyes:
Yeah but for you guys who passed 100% before this change, was there an added option for you to contact Ankara to follow up? Or am i just wrong about that? I'm sure they got sick of all the emails they received but i just wanna know if there was an additional way to contact them once 12 months period is over or not?

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Yeah but for you guys who passed 100% before this change, was there an added option for you to contact Ankara to follow up? Or am i just wrong about that? I'm sure they got sick of all the emails they received but i just wanna know if there was an additional way to contact them once 12 months period is over or not?
So the message changed to "your application exceeded normal processing time. This happens to 20% of all applications. If you're not seeing updates, contact us using 'this webform'." and the "this webform" was a hyperlink to create technical issue tickets, so pretty much useless. After a few months, they even removed that hyperlink so it would read "if you're not seeing updates, contact us using" and nothing after that :cool:

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
So the message changed to "your application exceeded normal processing time. This happens to 20% of all applications. If you're not seeing updates, contact us using 'this webform'." and the "this webform" was a hyperlink to create technical issue tickets, so pretty much useless. After a few months, they even removed that hyperlink so it would read "if you're not seeing updates, contact us using" and nothing after that :cool:
lol thats just stupid. Thanks for letting me know tho. So since they dont respond with any useful info i guess my best bet is ordering gcms notes

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
lol thats just stupid. Thanks for letting me know tho. So since they dont respond with any useful info i guess my best bet is ordering gcms notes
I did order them and got them in November. Honestly, it's very difficult to find out where the bottleneck is, but it tells you about all the phone calls and follow ups you made, all the documents they requested and you sent them, etc. but nothing I didn't know before.