+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello everyone, what are all these updates? My husbands passport is with Ankara for processing of Visa. From Dec 29th, it says that it has been received by IRCC and it is under processing. Does anyone know what this means and how long this process takes? He sent his passport on Dec 11th to the VAC office. Thanks

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hello everyone, what are all these updates? My husbands passport is with Ankara for processing of Visa. From Dec 29th, it says that it has been received by IRCC and it is under processing. Does anyone know what this means and how long this process takes? He sent his passport on Dec 11th to the VAC office. Thanks
These updates we talk about means they started processing the next batch. Yours is way ahead of us if you sent it for PPR already. Hopefully you will get it back soon

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
These updates we talk about means they started processing the next batch. Yours is way ahead of us if you sent it for PPR already. Hopefully you will get it back soon
Well my husband got his approval in October of 2019 and we started our application October 2018 so we have been waiting for 2 years now. I am hoping the passport will come soon

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Well my husband got his approval in October of 2019 and we started our application October 2018 so we have been waiting for 2 years now. I am hoping the passport will come soon
Thats way too long but i dont think its just because of delay caused by pandemic. Most cases that take over 14 months to get to PPR is because either more supporting documents/interview or the PA lived in other countries more than 6 months which causes the background check to take even longer. In your case you finally passed all that and just need to wait. But keep in touch with VO and make sure everything is fine on your end which is most likely the case.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thats way too long but i dont think its just because of delay caused by pandemic. Most cases that take over 14 months to get to PPR is because either more supporting documents/interview or the PA lived in other countries more than 6 months which causes the background check to take even longer. In your case you finally passed all that and just need to wait. But keep in touch with VO and make sure everything is fine on your end which is most likely the case.
Yes, we had some issues due to the pandemic and our lawyer was horrible. Everything is fine now and we got passport request. I am just wondering how long it takes Ankara usually to process the passport and return it.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Yes, we had some issues due to the pandemic and our lawyer was horrible. Everything is fine now and we got passport request. I am just wondering how long it takes Ankara usually to process the passport and return it.
Based on other peoples comments here it takes around 2 weeks for them to process and if you are sending it from iran add another 2 weeks to send and receive so maybe 4 to 5 weeks

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hello Everyone, we got pre-arrival today
1 November 2019 submitted
21 Nov 2019 AoR1
9 Dec 2019 Medical and transferred to Ankara and Bio
15 December 2019 SA
Jan 5 2021 in process 8 January 2021 pre-arrival
Thats great news, Congrats ! Did they ever ask for more documents from you guys?

Reactions: Mkouchakzadeh

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Based on other peoples comments here it takes around 2 weeks for them to process and if you are sending it from iran add another 2 weeks to send and receive so maybe 4 to 5 weeks
Okay we sent the passport 4 weeks ago, so hopefully soon

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thank u.
Family sponsorship program and it was under process from 19 Oct. We sent it to Vfs on 9 oct.
Hello, so it was under processing for about a month? We sent ours on Dec 11th and it has been under processing since Dec 29th. Not sure if something is wrong!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
It has been 4 weeks already. It took about 10 days to get a tracking number and has been 'under processing" since Dec 29th. Not sure if things have slowed dow due to Christmas break. I am getting worried.