+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Hi Friends,

I tracked my application now, and it showed me this message:

Your application, tracking ID No. ************ has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ankara on 2020/10/02 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Ankara for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey
I am sure that Nilgam had sent the passports to Istanbul VAC, not Ankara. They are liers and our time is not important for them.
VFS told me they didn't recived our passport and asked me to get written confirmation from Nilgam that the passport were delivered to them. I send the passport with Nilgam at the same time as you!

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
VFS told me they didn't recived our passport and asked me to get written confirmation from Nilgam that the passport were delivered to them. I send the passport with Nilgam at the same time as you!
They told me the same thing and I told them I don’t have a delivery confirmation letter with me, but one day after they emailed me my tracking number. Make sure you give them your UCI number to them, because they found my tracking number after I gave them the UCI number to them.

Last edited:

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I got my tracking number also but what I am starting to question is if this number is for the whole application and not just the passport. In other words, Having that tracking number might not necessarily mean that they have gotten our passports.
What do you guys think? Could this be the case?

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
I got my tracking number also but what I am starting to question is if this number is for the whole application and not just the passport. In other words, Having that tracking number might not necessarily mean that they have gotten our passports.
What do you guys think? Could this be the case?
This tracking number is exactly related to your passport and the process of issuing the visa.

Reactions: Blue_sky71

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Same Here, VAC asked us to find out which VAC (ankara or Istanbul) Nilgam sent the passports? which we do not know ! I don't like how shady and unclear Nilgam is ! have to wait till the morning to call them up.

Reactions: Mehdi_1392

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Same Here, VAC asked us to find out which VAC (ankara or Istanbul) Nilgam sent the passports? which we do not know ! I don't like how shady and unclear Nilgam is ! have to wait till the morning to call them up.
Nilgam sent the passports to Istanbul, confirmed

Reactions: AliPrn

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
They're not stupid my friend, they lie intentionally. This is how some people make a living nowadays. There is a profit / saving for them by sending documents to Istanbul and not Ankara
So, if Nilgam sent our passports to Istanbul VAC office..., why in our application tracking status is saying that our application has been received in their Ankara VAC office?

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
So, if Nilgam sent our passports to Istanbul VAC office..., why in our application tracking status is saying that our application has been received in their Ankara VAC office?
They post the passports from Istanbul to VAC in Ankara. After 3 weeks, still in transit!

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
How do you order gcms notes and what are they?
Basically the visa officer's notes and comments on your file, thats the actual status on the application, includes detailed notes by visa officers, including any red flags they find or other comments.
Check this link-you can order from here but it takes 30 days to receive them after ordering

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Reactions: JFK_YVR and EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Basically the visa officer's notes and comments on your file, thats the actual status on the application, includes detailed notes by visa officers, including any red flags they find or other comments.
Check this link-you can order from here but it takes 30 days to receive them after ordering

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
I was also wondering what you guys were talking about. So do u guys think they would also respond to applicants whos file has not completed the 12 months yet? I know my wifes application was transferred to Ankara in March 2020 but no updates since then so im guessing they havent touched the file yet but if requesting for updates this way could give us anyyy other information rather than this freaking "application received" is worth trying lol

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I was also wondering what you guys were talking about. So do u guys think they would also respond to applicants whos file has not completed the 12 months yet? I know my wifes application was transferred to Ankara in March 2020 but no updates since then so im guessing they havent touched the file yet but if requesting for updates this way could give us anyyy other information rather than this freaking "application received" is worth trying lol
Yes you have the right to order them anytime by law

Reactions: EhsRm