+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hello friends,
I did my medical exam on September 4th,2019
Will they ask me to redo it again? After September 4th, 2020?

Last edited:

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
I was just checking May, April and March 2019! outland applications forums, everyone is waiting. what the hell is going on!!!
no one knows what happened to Ankara visa office, I wish they work hard and fast!
I sent them several emails and they did not respond to me!

Kochora

Apr 21, 2019
Hi everyone, we are September 2019 applicant, passed medical exam November 2019, biometric as well, after sending many emails To ankara embassy, during Covid19, august 4 I got respond from them “ please be avised that your spuse’s file will be reviewed and she will be adviced in due course”. After this we still waiting, I’m checking online and application is under process, 95% elapsed, 19 days left to complete 1 year period so will see what will happen, any updates Will post, wish everyone good luck best decision as a “ passport request “

Reactions: John david

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
I've seen in some other comments that medicals are extended. but I'm not sure
Yes it's me, my medical exam expired and VO send me an email about that on 9 july ;
Your medicals have expired on 17 June 2020. However, we will be asking for a medical extension which, depending on the country of your residency during the past 6 months, can be extended for 6 or 12 months.
Your file is currently in the queue for the secondary review. Once this is finalized we will be requesting our regional medical office to assess for medical extension.
In case the extension is not granted, you will have to redo the medical examinations.
This is my last e mail I sent them an email after that but they didnt respond to me.
By the way, I saw some posts in facebook group they said extended for a year from other countries, I hope we'll be lucky like them.

Mehnoosh

Feb 28, 2020
Hi. May i ask what the email adress is that you sent your emails to ?
Yes it's me, my medical exam expired and VO send me an email about that on 9 july ;
Your medicals have expired on 17 June 2020. However, we will be asking for a medical extension which, depending on the country of your residency during the past 6 months, can be extended for 6 or 12 months.
Your file is currently in the queue for the secondary review. Once this is finalized we will be requesting our regional medical office to assess for medical extension.
In case the extension is not granted, you will have to redo the medical examinations.
This is my last e mail I sent them an email after that but they didnt respond to me.
By the way, I saw some posts in facebook group they said extended for a year from other countries, I hope we'll be lucky like them.

Mehnoosh

Feb 28, 2020
Hi everyone, we are September 2019 applicant, passed medical exam November 2019, biometric as well, after sending many emails To ankara embassy, during Covid19, august 4 I got respond from them “ please be avised that your spuse’s file will be reviewed and she will be adviced in due course”. After this we still waiting, I’m checking online and application is under process, 95% elapsed, 19 days left to complete 1 year period so will see what will happen, any updates Will post, wish everyone good luck best decision as a “ passport request “
Hi my timeline is exactly like you. And there is no new update after biometric in november. And they don’t answer emails.may i ask you about email address that you sent emails to?

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
This is getting ridiculous. Many of us are Canadian citizens and PRs that are being shamelessly denied seeing our loved ones due simply to bureaucratic inattentiveness. There's a virus, sure. Physical distancing can be followed in office spaces. It seems as though even water parks are open in Turkey, surely an embassy shouldn't pose a greater threat. Why are visitor visas being issued while many of us have been forced to wait over a year to see our spouses and families.

I don't know about many of you guys, but waiting over a year just to "send a request for an update" just doesn't do it for me. I'm looking to take a drastic step towards this issue as we and our loved ones are being treated in a second or third class manner by the Canadian government. I will be drafting a letter and forming a petition. So please let me know if anyone has interest in being a co-signatory of the letter and hopefully push the Canadian government feel free to reply to this post so I can keep you looped in.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
This is getting ridiculous. Many of us are Canadian citizens and PRs that are being shamelessly denied seeing our loved ones due simply to bureaucratic inattentiveness. There's a virus, sure. Physical distancing can be followed in office spaces. It seems as though even water parks are open in Turkey, surely an embassy shouldn't pose a greater threat. Why are visitor visas being issued while many of us have been forced to wait over a year to see our spouses and families.

I don't know about many of you guys, but waiting over a year just to "send a request for an update" just doesn't do it for me. I'm looking to take a drastic step towards this issue as we and our loved ones are being treated in a second or third class manner by the Canadian government. I will be drafting a letter and forming a petition. So please let me know if anyone has interest in being a co-signatory of the letter and hopefully push the Canadian government feel free to reply to this post so I can keep you looped in.
I have the same feeling as you (I am within the 14th month of waiting!), everyone of us has the same feeling in fact. But I think petition will not do anything but to buy them more time to hold our applications.
There has been quite a few petitions some of them with more than 15,000 signatures, even protests in different cities but nothing has happened.
The only thing I can think of is to take the subject to court by a highly recognized lawyer. We are hundreds of people (if not thousands) at the same situation and with a very small contribution from everyone a significant fund could be gathered for this purpose which could easily cover all the associated costs.
How feasible it is, how to arrange such big movement and unite / convince people to participate, I just don't know