+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Our lawyer is making an inquiry about our specific case in Ankara and we are 10 months in out of 12, so i think we are/were on the verge of approval too. I will update once we receive an update. Let's be helpful to each other, not hurtful. Everyone is feeling the separation, stress and this anxiety at different levels. WE GOT THIS :D
I'm in my 10th month too. a few days ago I got GCMS notes and it had not been updated for months. we are still waiting for medical instructions. Anyway, nothing we could do but to wait. let's keep fingers crossed

Reactions: Nina12

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hey guys what is the timeline for Ankara visa office? Is it exactly 12 months?
Also is there a spousal interview?
I am a Canadian citizen and planning to sponsor my future wife

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
medical instructions dont mean you are near the end. My wife got the medical request only a couple of months after we applied and we have yet a long way to go. these days about after a month of applying, they give you Sponsor Approval, Biometrics and Medical request in a very short time. so things are quick when they are done here in Canada. the problem for us who get their files transferred to Ankara is the wait time for background check and final decision making by their officers. based on my research and what i hear from people in this forum, Ankara alone will take at least 7 to 8 months to come close to passport request (and thats only if everything goes smooth on your application and ofcourse when there was no pandemic issues) so yeah.. from the day they start processing your application here in Canada until its about done, takes about 12 months but all other people who i know of get the whole thing done in 4 months some even less just because their applications are done here in Canada. You also asked about the interview. interviews are rarely required these days. its only when they have doubts about the relationship (like age difference, nationality difference ...)
all things aside, every application is different based on the couple's situation so do your research and if you can afford a verified lawyer its not a bad idea to hire one.

Reactions: Nina12

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
medical instructions dont mean you are near the end. My wife got the medical request only a couple of months after we applied and we have yet a long way to go. these days about after a month of applying, they give you Sponsor Approval, Biometrics and Medical request in a very short time. so things are quick when they are done here in Canada. the problem for us who get their files transferred to Ankara is the wait time for background check and final decision making by their officers. based on my research and what i hear from people in this forum, Ankara alone will take at least 7 to 8 months to come close to passport request (and thats only if everything goes smooth on your application and ofcourse when there was no pandemic issues) so yeah.. from the day they start processing your application here in Canada until its about done, takes about 12 months but all other people who i know of get the whole thing done in 4 months some even less just because their applications are done here in Canada. You also asked about the interview. interviews are rarely required these days. its only when they have doubts about the relationship (like age difference, nationality difference ...)
all things aside, every application is different based on the couple's situation so do your research and if you can afford a verified lawyer its not a bad idea to hire one.
Inland application is faster?

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I am 10 months and no medicals yet

Mahrafff

Oct 9, 2019
Hi guys, here is also the reply I got from IRCC to my e-mail asking how the applications are getting processed through the pandemic:

“Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.“

Reactions: EhsRm and AliPrn

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys, here is also the reply I got from IRCC to my e-mail asking how the applications are getting processed through the pandemic:

“Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.“

Thanks for sharing. However this is again another general statement and has no clarification about how Ankara is dealing with the situation. again for those of you who are about to apply or are at the first stages of your application process, dont worry they work very fast on things that are done here in Canada so if you are applying in Land it should be much faster now.

I got a reply from Ankara about a month ago but that was clearly an automated reply and did not mention anything specific. my guess is that Ankara is not even looking at our cases these days. they only take care of the ones who are either Canadian citizens/PRs and their close family members who are trying to come back to Canada. Not the ones who are in PR application process like our spouses. and even if we try to apply for a tourist visa they will reject it and ask us to wait for the PR process to be done.

I'd ask any of you to kindly let us know here if you get any sort of update from Ankara itself regarding your application. if only one of us gets an update it means they are working otherwise i wouldnt bother calling or emailing IRCC they just say the same thing as they told me many times once the application is transferred to a Visa office they have no access to the file whatsoever. so they dont even know.

Thank you guys !

Reactions: pardis.tabar

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hello All,

May I ask if anybody knows what is the average time processing time in Ankara office?

Thank you. :)
You see? no one knows, you should ask dear COVID-19 that how long it is going to freeze application processing. Add it to 1 year normal processing time. it is a long time my friend long time, that's all I can say

johntparty

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi there,

I was called for an interview, but then it was canceled. It was April 13 on the day of the interview. Now there are 3 days left to complete the first year of the application, and there is still no news or update. What are they going to do next?

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi there,

I was called for an interview, but then it was canceled. It was April 13 on the day of the interview. Now there are 3 days left to complete the first year of the application, and there is still no news or update. What are they going to do next?
Since you mention that your case is passed the 1 year process and if you did not receive any update since the pandemic started that means they totally stopped working on our cases. its unbelievable how they are not even willing to find ways to continue work online. i called IRCC a few days ago and they say we have no idea how other visa offices are doing work now you can directly contact them and ask. i said i did and they just sent me an automated general statement, then she said yeah sorry to hear that and i understand its very difficult times for everyone. she said even cases that are being done in canada are now very slow and very limited staff members are working on them. so i have no hope on Ankara especially if you guys who finished your 1 year are not getting any update that means a case like mine that was just transferred to Ankara before pandemic will take forever to get a final decision.
I mean after 2 months they are still giving me lame excuses. how does this even put immigration officers in danger to do work online ??? its not like they have to go meet anyone else in person to do background check or evaluate eligibility. i mean i get it if they dont want to do interviews or passport requests or biometrics yet but for gods sake at least make the god damn decisions and tell us wait for now instead of dropping the whole thing and blaming it on a virus that might never be gone.

sorry for a long response but to make the answer short: no one knows and my hope personally is that someone like you finally comes here in this forum and says i got an update from Ankara (ANY UPDATE on ANY CASE would mean so much right now)