+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Apafshar

Feb 3, 2020
Richmond BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
06-05-2019
Y E S ! ! !

congrats, could you share what it says on your PPR ? regarding the entire border shut down, time frame, and how it will get processed ?

thanks and congratssss again, we are 2 months after you guys, this is great news
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

Change in health;

You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official, Military or Special passports or travel documents.

All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Please submit your passport(s) and documents with a printed copy of this email to a Visa Application Centres (VAC). The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of your passport(s) and documents to the Embassy and back to the VAC once the visas have been issued.

Please visit the VAC website for additional information on how to submit your passport(s) and documents, hours of operation, addresses, services standard and any other information you may require.

Find a Visa Application Centre: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp (once you have found the most appropriate VAC, click the “VAC website” link for more details).

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section- Ankara

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Apafshar

Feb 3, 2020
Richmond BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
06-05-2019
Y E S ! ! !

congrats, could you share what it says on your PPR ? regarding the entire border shut down, time frame, and how it will get processed ?

thanks and congratssss again, we are 2 months after you guys, this is great news
Thank you so much, It will be your turn soon ;)
We probably use the Travel agency to get the Visa and then wait for the flights to be reopened.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Thank you so much, It will be your turn soon ;)
We probably use the Travel agency to get the Visa and then wait for the flights to be reopened.
Awesome, how are you sending the passport? i heard no travel agency is doing that due to the border shut downs.

Apafshar

Feb 3, 2020
Richmond BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
06-05-2019

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Reactions: Apafshar

johntparty

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone, I got an uptade today;

May 21 - Application received
July 10 - AOR
July 18 - Linked application
July 23 - Biometric Requested
July 24 - SA
July 24 - Medical Requested
July 25 - Biometric and Medical Given
July 28 - Medical Passed
July 29 - File transfered to Ankara Office
August 06 - AOR2 ('started your process' on ECAS)
March 10 - Interview request to April & additional documents

So, now waiting for interview :)

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada

July 10 - AOR
July 24 - SA
July 28 - Medical Passed

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Do you know why the interview is requested?

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview

July 10 - AOR
July 24 - SA
July 28 - Medical Passed

Wishing you get your visa right away after interview.
Would be appreciated if you let us know what what kind of additional documents requested?

Reactions: johntparty

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Oh goddd !!! U guys ! i was just reading your comments and now im freaking out !

It took you 7 to 8 months to get a final decision from Ankara !????

People are getting their wholeee process done in about 3 months especially the applicants whose PA is from India or Europe. Their applications gets transferred to Mississauga in most cases which is blazinggg fast

This is so unfair !

i just got the news that file was transferred to Ankara on March 3rd and i was happy thinking in a few months, if they dont require any more documents, it could be all done and my wife can finally get the visa and now i read your timelines and im like damn thats gonna take me another freaking 8 months to get to that point.

In my case, PA is from Iran and with this horrible situation going on there i dont even know whats gonna happen by then.
Our application was received Jan 20th then got SA and medical but no Biometrics yet however file was sent to Ankara on March 3rd

Apafshar

Feb 3, 2020
Richmond BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
06-05-2019
Oh goddd !!! U guys ! i was just reading your comments and now im freaking out !

It took you 7 to 8 months to get a final decision from Ankara !????

People are getting their wholeee process done in about 3 months especially the applicants whose PA is from India or Europe. Their applications gets transferred to Mississauga in most cases which is blazinggg fast

This is so unfair !

i just got the news that file was transferred to Ankara on March 3rd and i was happy thinking in a few months, if they dont require any more documents, it could be all done and my wife can finally get the visa and now i read your timelines and im like damn thats gonna take me another freaking 8 months to get to that point.

In my case, PA is from Iran and with this horrible situation going on there i dont even know whats gonna happen by then.
Our application was received Jan 20th then got SA and medical but no Biometrics yet however file was sent to Ankara on March 3rd
Hey buddy, don't worry about it I know maybe better than anyone else that what's you are going through, but wait Is all we can do and also you never know, maybe since after everything goes faster, my opinion put 10months since your application received from them, and don't bother yourself and your wife, look at it this way: She will be resident of Canada less than a year and you will be together forever. This is very big deal and there are people looking to only visit here but they can't.
Anyway, all the best for you guys ;)

Reactions: pardis.tabar

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hey buddy, don't worry about it I know maybe better than anyone else that what's you are going through, but wait Is all we can do and also you never know, maybe since after everything goes faster, my opinion put 10months since your application received from them, and don't bother yourself and your wife, look at it this way: She will be resident of Canada less than a year and you will be together forever. This is very big deal and there are people looking to only visit here but they can't.
Anyway, all the best for you guys ;)
Thank you for the response and i hope it wont take 10 months because i see how all my friends are getting their whole process done in just about 3 months these days. the speeding up process is excluding some countries like iran which is so unfair. They shut down the embassy because of Irans government about 8 years ago saying they are not following human rights which i think most of us iranians agree with, however the ones who end up paying the price is normal like us people, not the government. Then there is visa office. Ofcourse they send our apps to Ankara not Mississauga where 90% of their applicants are from india because Trudeau got their votes and now has to be nicer to them. See this is the problem. We always sit down quietly and wait. I know most iranian/canadians also voted for him including myself. We became push overs basically and we dont even try to raise our voice because we think we should always be grateful no matter what. Instead we could at least try to ask the government to open up an office in Iran where they can take interviews or biometrics and simple things like that so iranians dont have to pay money to go to another country for every step of the process. I mean 8 years of embassy shut down and what did we gain? Better human rights in iran ?
Im a canadian for over 15 years and i have contributed to this country more than many others who were born here. My wife is also a hard working woman who is by far stronger than i am and will be an asset to this country so i cant stay quiet when it comes to my rights and i see injustice in the way we are treated just because of the government politics.

I'll wait a lifetime to make sure we get to rejoin again but im not just gonna sit and pray. So if you guys know a way to contact the visa office in Ankara please post it here and if i can get any information that might be useful to someone else id be more than happy to share it.

Thanks,

Reactions: Anthonymarshall