+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

johntparty

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Wishing you get your visa right away after interview.
Would be appreciated if you let us know what what kind of additional documents requested?
Thank you.

Proof of Relationship Documents:
Civil Documents:
Evidence of your relationship/communication with your sponsor.

I've submitted all before but they want those things again, I don't know why.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Thank you for the response and i hope it wont take 10 months because i see how all my friends are getting their whole process done in just about 3 months these days. the speeding up process is excluding some countries like iran which is so unfair. They shut down the embassy because of Irans government about 8 years ago saying they are not following human rights which i think most of us iranians agree with, however the ones who end up paying the price is normal like us people, not the government. Then there is visa office. Ofcourse they send our apps to Ankara not Mississauga where 90% of their applicants are from india because Trudeau got their votes and now has to be nicer to them. See this is the problem. We always sit down quietly and wait. I know most iranian/canadians also voted for him including myself. We became push overs basically and we dont even try to raise our voice because we think we should always be grateful no matter what. Instead we could at least try to ask the government to open up an office in Iran where they can take interviews or biometrics and simple things like that so iranians dont have to pay money to go to another country for every step of the process. I mean 8 years of embassy shut down and what did we gain? Better human rights in iran ?
Im a canadian for over 15 years and i have contributed to this country more than many others who were born here. My wife is also a hard working woman who is by far stronger than i am and will be an asset to this country so i cant stay quiet when it comes to my rights and i see injustice in the way we are treated just because of the government politics.

I'll wait a lifetime to make sure we get to rejoin again but im not just gonna sit and pray. So if you guys know a way to contact the visa office in Ankara please post it here and if i can get any information that might be useful to someone else id be more than happy to share it.

Thanks,
Hello my friend
I completely understand your feelings.
Im going through the same thing I felt it is going quite smoothly at the beginning since it just took us about a month to finish all the medical and biometrics and SA. Since December my file was transfered to Ankara and since then I havent received any update. It seems they have not even started processing it. A couple of weeks ago I contacted prime minister's office and next day they've replied that they understand the situation and CCed me to minister of imigration. I thought it might change something but it appears not. If you would like to contact them it might be useful if they receive multiple emails regarding Ankara visa office and they slow processing time, not sure though. However, with this situation and virus its hard to tell. I wish you best of luck and hope all the members get their approval very very soon.

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hello my friend
I completely understand your feelings.
Im going through the same thing I felt it is going quite smoothly at the beginning since it just took us about a month to finish all the medical and biometrics and SA. Since December my file was transfered to Ankara and since then I havent received any update. It seems they have not even started processing it. A couple of weeks ago I contacted prime minister's office and next day they've replied that they understand the situation and CCed me to minister of imigration. I thought it might change something but it appears not. If you would like to contact them it might be useful if they receive multiple emails regarding Ankara visa office and they slow processing time, not sure though. However, with this situation and virus its hard to tell. I wish you best of luck and hope all the members get their approval very very soon.
Hi,
As I've been tracking the other guys' application process time and steps since a couple month ago, I think the Ankara office classifiy and answer the applications according to their received date in canada, not when they have sent to Ankara. And since now, they answered the May ones. Hope to they accelerate the process time.
Good luck

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Hi,
As I've been tracking the other guys' application process time and steps since a couple month ago, I think the Ankara office classifiy and answer the applications according to their received date in canada, not when they have sent to Ankara. And since now, they answered the May ones. Hope to they accelerate the process time.
Good luck
Yes, I think so too.

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada
I have a question about biometrics...
My husband, the PA, is from Iran and he had done the biometrics in Georgia on November 11th but on GCkey it never changed:

Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Although on top the page it shows:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number: ..........
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 11, 2019
  • Expiry Date: November 11, 2029
Is there any problem? Does it mean they have not received the result? Is it fine that it's been done in Georgia (not in Turkey)?

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
I have a question about biometrics...
My husband, the PA, is from Iran and he had done the biometrics in Georgia on November 11th but on GCkey it never changed:

Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Although on top the page it shows:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number: ..........
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 11, 2019
  • Expiry Date: November 11, 2029
Is there any problem? Does it mean they have not received the result? Is it fine that it's been done in Georgia (not in Turkey)?
The quote that you mentioned indicate that it is changed and they have the bio-metrics now. It should have been requested bio-metrics before hands and now they have it; they don't need it anymore. You are good in this regards.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hello,
I am still looking for a Quebec applicant to compare our situation and see where we stand. I am July applicant (sponsoring my wife) and I see that May applicants are getting PPR but we have not been asked for Medical exam yet, while we did biometrics in September 2019. Anyone with similar experience?
Thanks

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
congrats, what stream did you apply under? and it was received in Sydney you mean (spouse outlands)?
its a relief knowing they are still working on the applications
My application was under spousal sponsership.

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Hi,
I receive pre-arrival letter yesterday.
My application was received in canada on june 10, 2019.
Did they by any chance ask you to provide the police certificate again?
What does the pre-arrival letter exactly say? Is it asking you to send the passport to Ankara for the visa?
My application was received on June 21 so from the sounds of it, we should be expecting ours soon :D but unfortunately with this Corona situation at the moment, I am not sure how to have my wife come here

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Did they by any chance ask you to provide the police certificate again?
What does the pre-arrival letter exactly say? Is it asking you to send the passport to Ankara for the visa?
My application was received on June 21 so from the sounds of it, we should be expecting ours soon :D but unfortunately with this Corona situation at the moment, I am not sure how to have my wife come here
They did not ask me for update police check. Secondly, about the pre-arrival leter, it provides you some additional information and guidlines to facilitate your enterance to Canada, passport request is another letter which will send for you after that.
It seems that they are answering to June applications, so you should prepare yourself for that. However the coronavirus makes the situation complicated, specially for the Iranian applicants. I am searching to find a way for visa picking up from Ankara.

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada
They did not ask me for update police check. Secondly, about the pre-arrival leter, it provides you some additional information and guidlines to facilitate your enterance to Canada, passport request is another letter which will send for you after that.
It seems that they are answering to June applications, so you should prepare yourself for that. However the coronavirus makes the situation complicated, specially for the Iranian applicants. I am searching to find a way for visa picking up from Ankara.
Congrats ! That's a good news for all of us to know they are still working as they used to.
Hope you receive your COPR soon. Please update us if u find a way for visa pick up.