+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
They are random with the way they do things. In your case, they are waiting for your Police check to complete your application and then would initiate your background check. At this time I would assume they are reviewing if both PA and SPR is eligible under Family Class Sponsorship just like they do with everyone. Unless they halted that as well just because you are missing document. So I Wouldn't worry, but I would just send them what they are requesting especially a Police check if you haven't already ASAP.
I am a Canadian citizen and I already have my letter stating I am eligible as a Sponsor. We sent Police Report upfront with the application but I guess they didn't like the wording or something. Based on my research, it seems there are two parts to criminality report, current and archived. They are looking for the "Archived Records" as stated in their letter. Anyways, I will have my wife inquire and request one first thing Monday and then have it translated and sent to Ankara.

IMM 5562 is not part of the initial application package and I think travel history is covered in one of the mandatory forms. No idea why it is requested. It is straightforward as she has no travel history out of Turkey. Will send it with the same package.

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
I supplied both with my application. I am a Turkish-Born Citizen and a living outside of turkey. I requested my Police Check from my general Consulate for Turkey in my state. I also submitted Travel history along with it.
I did both FBI and Turkish Police check since I am a Turkish Citizen as well. You need both.

I'm assuming when you applied you also started changing your spouse Turkish ID like Turkish passports and kimlik the same last name along with Marrital Status? Because if you did this then you should have waited until CIC made a decision and PP was received and your spouse landed.

Then went ahead with Turkish passport and Kimlik renewal with new names. You didn't need to change the name since and you can do just a marital status change only on kimlik and passports. My wife waited solely because of this reason and not to complicate the process. She will change last name afterwards.
No, I applied with documents already updated not after we have applied. We applied with a passport and ID that has updated last name. She kept her maiden last name and mine was added. I don't think having them updated would make any difference as long as the supporting documents and information given on the forms are consistent.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Ottawaguy said:
No, I applied with documents already updated not after we have applied. We applied with a passport and ID that has updated last name. She kept her maiden last name and mine was added. I don't think having them updated would make any difference as long as the supporting documents and information given on the forms are consistent.
ah i see. Well you dont have anything to worry about. Like you said in your previous post, since you are going to send them the requested document Monday then you should be good. CIC is like feeding a horse. Just keep feeding and let it run wild...:D

Unpatient.waiter

Nov 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
27-10-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 STARTED PROCESSING APPLICATION - 08-12-16
Med's Done....
09-08-2016
Interview........
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
Delusive1 said:
Anybody got DM (October or November applicants)?
Not yet, mine says it's been worked on since December 8th

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Ahmelina23 Thank you very much for your support, but things are not getting any better especially right now, waiting for decision it's a torture.Does anybody know how long do we have to wait for decision after interview?
And yes Ahmelina23, we did submitted upfront medical and criminal report. My concern is that they did not ask my husband for any additional photos or communication prove. She was more concentrating on how we first met when we were children and how we communicated then. Nothing was asked about our present relationship prove. They never ask even for travel supplementary form and 4 photos that is indicated in the letter.Why government is so harsh on people if they want to marry non-Canadian? After all when your spouse arrives to Canada to adopt and find employment here it's not easy.Not much support from the government.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Ahmelina23 Thank you very much for your support, but things are not getting any better especially right now, waiting for decision it's a torture.Does anybody know how long do we have to wait for decision after interview?
And yes Ahmelina23, we did submitted upfront medical and criminal report. My concern is that they did not ask my husband for any additional photos or communication prove. She was more concentrating on how we first met when we were children and how we communicated then. Nothing was asked about our present relationship prove. They never ask even for travel supplementary form and 4 photos that is indicated in the letter.Why government is so harsh on people if they want to marry non-Canadian? After all when your spouse arrives to Canada to adopt and find employment here it's not easy.Not much support from the government.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you how long it will take for them to make a decision after the interview, but based on some examples it might take 1-3 months. I think once they have all requested documents from you and considering that interview went well, then it shouldn't take long, but again no one knows :(

Oh wow, so they didn't ask for most requested documents?! :( We have the same requested documents in my husband's interview invitation letter, so we will find out this week wether they will take them. However, my lawyer said that they might not even ask for more than half of requested documents. That's the annoying part because you don't know what to expect...I think you should just be patient and wait a bit more, give it at least a month to hear back from them, but hopefully it will be sooner!

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Ahmelina23 said:
Unfortunately, no one can tell you how long it will take for them to make a decision after the interview, but based on some examples it might take 1-3 months. I think once they have all requested documents from you and considering that interview went well, then it shouldn't take long, but again no one knows :(
Time related to time processing for your country. Some people in my country got DM on the day of interview! some of them a week later. It depends on your country and time processing on the CIC website.

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
:D My wife's Background Check is in progress this morning! It will be exactly 5.5 months on Wednesday since CPC-M received her application.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Delusive1 said:
Time related to time processing for your country. Some people in my country got DM on the day of interview! some of them a week later. It depends on your country and time processing on the CIC website.
Yes, I have a friend who got a visa stamped right after the interview:)) They've waited for 11-12 months in total though.
I don't really go by processing time based on a country because a lot of people are approved way earlier than 12 months. I think once they have everything from you plus if they saw you at the interview then it shouldn't take long to make a decision :)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
pmc92 said:
:D My wife's Background Check is in progress this morning! It will be exactly 5.5 months on Wednesday since CPC-M received her application.
Great news! Hopefully it will be a short check!

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Ahmelina23 said:
Yes, I have a friend who got a visa stamped right after the interview:)) They've waited for 11-12 months in total though.
I don't really go by processing time based on a country because a lot of people are approved way earlier than 12 months. I think once they have everything from you plus if they saw you at the interview then it shouldn't take long to make a decision :)
PMC92 users got background check after 5.5 months because their processing time for Georgia was 15 months before Dec 7. I know that is not exact time but I think for my country that the time was 9 months for before Dec 7 I could get a DM on 3 or less than 3 months because many people who are Iranian got their family (Spouse) visa from 51 days to 3 months.

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
pmc92 said:
congrats, I think it's almost done :) You have to give us candy after your PPR :)))))

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Delusive1 said:
PMC92 users got background check after 5.5 months because their processing time for Georgia was 15 months before Dec 7. I know that is not exact time but I think for my country that the time was 9 months for before Dec 7 I could get a DM on 3 or less than 3 months because many people who are Iranian got their family (Spouse) visa from 51 days to 3 months.
Yes, indeed. 5.5 months vs 15 months is great for Georgia! An acquaintance of my wife (also from Tbilisi) was approved in August after exactly 6 months.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Delusive1 said:
We go by 2 countries, Russia & Azerbaijan, so it's 11 and 15 months. My husband got an interview invitation exactly in 6 months after we applied and they requested everything that was missing, so we are hoping it will be pretty quick right after the interview InshaAllah :)