+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
Hope everyone is well. NO update on my app still..Waiting like everyone else. However I just want to share what i read with everyone... Media advisory - Minister McCallum to make an announcement related to family reunification on December 7th, 10:30 am Canada time. Please tune in everyone and share the news. Hopefully, CIC will introduce implementations that help reunite families much sooner. :D

~From Houston, Texas
Thanks for the update. :)

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
pmc92 said:
Thanks for the update. :)
No problem. Just some follow up for the folks who missed the live feed.
New changes announced for Family Reunification, by John McCallum on 12/7/2016

What this is about
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse/comparison.asp?_ga=1.175040672.388043253.1476809460

1. Processing time for all spouse /family applications to be reduced to 12 months soon. (Inland/Outland)
2. Age of dependent increased from 18 to 22.
3. No upfront PCC and Medical needed. It will be asked at a later stage.
4. The Government of Canada is releasing a new spousal sponsorship application kit on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website on December 15, 2016. Only one checklist for all in land and outland applicants. One application kit for all.

Full details here:
https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/videos/vb.167891083224996/1484296248251133/?type=2&theater

Official PR:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do;jsessionid=193f504e705f94e6bc0b83de0c21f19a8e8937a3bbed804e4b12a9fd98002942.e34Rc3iMbx8Oai0Tbx0SaxuRbNj0?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=1166069&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=1&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&crtr.yrndVl=2016&crtr.dyndVl=31

More Info
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1166139

Hope this helps! If i got anything wrong please correct. :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What was the talk? Any changes?

ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
Hope everyone is well. NO update on my app still..Waiting like everyone else. However I just want to share what i read with everyone... Media advisory - Minister McCallum to make an announcement related to family reunification on December 7th, 10:30 am Canada time. Please tune in everyone and share the news. Hopefully, CIC will introduce implementations that help reunite families much sooner. :D

~From Houston, Texas

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl

Hi, I hope your husband's interview went very well today! Please let us know:) Thank you!

All the information is here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-reunification-big-changes-t464474.0.html

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
I got my GCMS notes exactly in a month :)
I'm a bit disappointed because they decided my husband needs an interview back in August but he was only called for an interview in December(next week). Background didn't start yet but that's obvious since they want police certificates from 2 countries. I just really hope this is the last stage and everything will be approved InshaAllah.

Good luck everyone! :)

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
strength2 said:
New changes announced for Family Reunification, by John McCallum on 12/7/2016

What this is about
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse/comparison.asp?_ga=1.175040672.388043253.1476809460

Key points
1. Processing time for all spouse /family applications to be reduced to 12 months - The processing times for new applicants can be seen here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
2. Age of dependant increased from 18 to 22.
3. No upfront PCC and Medical needed. It will be asked at a later stage.
4. The Government of Canada is releasing a new spousal sponsorship application kit on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website on December 15, 2016. Only one checklist for all in land and outland applicants. One application kit for all.
5. Repeal of Condition 51.

Full details here
https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/videos/vb.167891083224996/1484296248251133/?type=2&theater

Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1321&top=14

Official PR
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do;jsessionid=193f504e705f94e6bc0b83de0c21f19a8e8937a3bbed804e4b12a9fd98002942.e34Rc3iMbx8Oai0Tbx0SaxuRbNj0?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=1166069&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=1&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&crtr.yrndVl=2016&crtr.dyndVl=31

More Info
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1166139

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Hello,
My husband had interview on December 8,2016. He told me that they did not ask for any supportive documents, they have everything in their file.. Just more questions from the past, on how we met. I have to mention to all of you that I married my first love. But back then we were just children. So there were questions like, where my husband was back in 1986. He honestly said, " I don't even remember". More questions about my past and our communication then, if he still has letters from the past. He honestly said that we were writing letters to each other, and then we lost contacts. Back then we didn't have Facebook, Skype, cell phones. And he did not keep any of the letters from the past. Georgia had 2 wars with Russia. Also they ask that he is planning to move to Canada for convenience, he said that he loves me and his country and if decision is made not in our favour, he will ask me to move to Georgia.They scan his passport, and told him to wait for decision.
I am still kind of worried, because I don't know the decision they will make.
Good luck to all of you.

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
Good day Fellow Ankara Applicants

My ECAS indicates Ankara started working on PA file on November 9. This morning I received an email requesting for additional information as below:

Application Forms:
Please complete the following forms as listed below for yourself. Use the most recent version of the forms available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

- (IMM 5562) Supplementary Information – Your Travels

Police Certificate:
Please provide updated ORIGINAL Police Certificate for yourself from Turkey . The police Certificate from Turkey must include the results of a search of “archived records”. For more information on how to obtain police certificates from various countries, please visit our website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

PA has never traveled outside of her country of origin. I am not sure why it has been requested as I believe this has been covered in another form sent initially. I believe the second part (travel history of spouse) does not apply to me as I am the Sponsor. Can someone confirm this?

Regarding the Police Certificate has anyone received such request? I am not sure what was missing in the original police certificate that we have submitted upfront. My guess is that we have asked for it where we changed our IDs after marriage (last name/marital status change) and I suspect it may not have been as comprehensive as it should be even though we have been informed by the officer that it should be same regardless of the institution it has been retrieved. Any comment is appreciated.

Lastly, is it safe to assume that they have started background check and everything is ok with eligibility or is it just a sweep of documents? Eligibility is shown “In Progress” and Background is “Not Started” in myCIC account.
Thank you for your help. Wishing everyone a speedy process.

Cheers. :D

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Hello,
My husband had interview on December 8,2016. He told me that they did not ask for any supportive documents, they have everything in their file.. Just more questions from the past, on how we met. I have to mention to all of you that I married my first love. But back then we were just children. So there were questions like, where my husband was back in 1986. He honestly said, " I don't even remember". More questions about my past and our communication then, if he still has letters from the past. He honestly said that we were writing letters to each other, and then we lost contacts. Back then we didn't have Facebook, Skype, cell phones. And he did not keep any of the letters from the past. Georgia had 2 wars with Russia. Also they ask that he is planning to move to Canada for convenience, he said that he loves me and his country and if decision is made not in our favour, he will ask me to move to Georgia.They scan his passport, and told him to wait for decision.
I am still kind of worried, because I don't know the decision they will make.
Good luck to all of you.
First of all congrats to you, your husband is done with the interview! :) In my opinion and what my lawyer is saying regarding the interview is that as long as you're honest and confident in your answers then everything will be good! Based on what you wrote, your husband did a good job.
As for the supportive documents, did they ask you to bring more photos and communication? And did you submit the police certificate already? Because if you did then your waiting time for a decision should be pretty short, but again no one can guarantee the time frame.
Good luck, hopefully your husband will be approved sooner than you think!

I can't wait for my husband's interview next week :)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Ottawaguy said:

My ECAS indicates Ankara started working on PA file on November 9. This morning I received an email requesting for additional information as below:

Application Forms:
Please complete the following forms as listed below for yourself. Use the most recent version of the forms available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

Police Certificate:
Please provide updated ORIGINAL Police Certificate for yourself from Turkey . The police Certificate from Turkey must include the results of a search of “archived records”. For more information on how to obtain police certificates from various countries, please visit our website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

PA has never traveled outside of her country of origin. I am not sure why it has been requested as I believe this has been covered in another form sent initially. I believe the second part (travel history of spouse) does not apply to me as I am the Sponsor. Can someone confirm this?

Regarding the Police Certificate has anyone received such request? I am not sure what was missing in the original police certificate that we have submitted upfront. My guess is that we have asked for it where we changed our IDs after marriage (last name/marital status change) and I suspect it may not have been as comprehensive as it should be even though we have been informed by the officer that it should be same regardless of the institution it has been retrieved. Any comment is appreciated.

Lastly, is it safe to assume that they have started background check and everything is ok with eligibility or is it just a sweep of documents? Eligibility is shown “In Progress” and Background is “Not Started” in myCIC account.

(IMM 5562) Supplementary Information – Your Travels > Ankara has been asking this form from a lot of people lately, I'm assuming it's for the security check. Yes, it doesn't apply to a sponsor, only PA fills in the form.

My husband received a request for an updated police certificate as well, but we didn't submit it when we applied.

I can't really agree or disagree with your last statement about background check, but in my opinion if they asked for an updated police certificate then they are about to start a background check.

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
Ottawaguy said:

Application Forms:

Police Certificate:

I have also noticed the subject line of the email stating: File: ##### Name: xxxxx (FCU) FC4

Is the FC4 actual code for the family class? It seems FC4=Parents/Grandparents. :eek: Does it make any sense??? Anyone?

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Ottawaguy said:
I have also noticed the subject line of the email stating: File: ##### Name: xxxxx (FCU) FC4

Is the FC4 actual code for the family class? It seems FC4=Parents/Grandparents. :eek: Does it make any sense??? Anyone?
I supplied both with my application. I am a Turkish-Born Citizen and a living outside of turkey. I requested my Police Check from my general Consulate for Turkey in my state. I also submitted Travel history along with it.
I did both FBI and Turkish Police check since I am a Turkish Citizen as well. You need both.

I'm assuming when you applied you also started changing your spouse Turkish ID like Turkish passports and kimlik the same last name along with Marrital Status? Because if you did this then you should have waited until CIC made a decision and PP was received and your spouse landed.

Then went ahead with Turkish passport and Kimlik renewal with new names. You didn't need to change the name since and you can do just a marital status change only on kimlik and passports. My wife waited solely because of this reason and not to complicate the process. She will change last name afterwards.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Ottawaguy said:

They are random with the way they do things. In your case, they are waiting for your Police check to complete your application and then would initiate your background check. At this time I would assume they are reviewing if both PA and SPR is eligible under Family Class Sponsorship just like they do with everyone. Unless they halted that as well just because you are missing document. So I Wouldn't worry, but I would just send them what they are requesting especially a Police check if you haven't already ASAP.