+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
saiviira said:
What do you mean by ARC?

Authorization to return Canada

JDSalinger

Jan 13, 2013
Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I need your help. I got approved for my husband's sponsorship in May 2014. He lives in Iran and I am in Canada. Everything went very smoothly and in November 2014 they emailed and asked for a new police clearance which we sent one immediately. His status changed to in process from Dec 2014. Then in Jan 2015 they sent an email requesting my husbands details of employment (projects he worked on, name of his direct manager,...). We sent a very detailed one in a week. And since then his file is still in process. I called my MP and asked them to follow up with Ankara office. When he contacted them they said to follow up in 3 months again! They mentioned a back ground check?In the employment history that we submitted to cic, he wrote all the companies he worked with including "sherkat naft". I am thinking maybe because of sherkat naft he got to the background check process?....is it possible? Its so frustrating. Its been15 months since I got approved as his sponsor and no news yet... What do u guys think? Do you have any idea how much longer it will be?

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
JDSalinger said:
Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I need your help. I got approved for my husband's sponsorship in May 2014. He lives in Iran and I am in Canada. Everything went very smoothly and in November 2014 they emailed and asked for a new police clearance which we sent one immediately. His status changed to in process from Dec 2014. Then in Jan 2015 they sent an email requesting my husbands details of employment (projects he worked on, name of his direct manager,...). We sent a very detailed one in a week. And since then his file is still in process. I called my MP and asked them to follow up with Ankara office. When he contacted them they said to follow up in 3 months again! They mentioned a back ground check?In the employment history that we submitted to cic, he wrote all the companies he worked with including "sherkat naft". I am thinking maybe because of sherkat naft he got to the background check process?....is it possible? Its so frustrating. Its been15 months since I got approved as his sponsor and no news yet... What do u guys think? Do you have any idea how much longer it will be?
I think every one has background check and it's not just your case. That's longer than expectation, but I don't think you can do any thing else than wait more three month. :(

babi2012

May 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Hi all, I am new in this forum! wondering if we receive AOR from Ankara office?

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
babi2012 said:
Hi all, I am new in this forum! wondering if we receive AOR from Ankara office?
You will get AOR form Mississauga not Ankara. For me it happened about a month after sending documents. The next step after AOR is SA, which happens again at Mississauga, and then your application will be sent to Ankara and you'll get contact with them and so on.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
They changed the processing time for ankara visa office 11 months to 26 months is it april fools joke ? :-\ :'(

fcfc

Aug 22, 2015
hey everybody im a Turkish- Canadian citizen and sponsored for my wife, application sent to ankara in may and ankara asked for rprf and updated police check in june and we sent everything right away. its been 2 months now there is no news plus processing time jumped to 26 months. do you guys have any idea how long more for my case? am i involved to 26 months even though they asked for RPRF :-\? thank you and wish you all best with your case

babi2012

May 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
26 Months!!!!!! This is crazy, it shouldn't be right! It's against humanity!

acmilan

May 24, 2015
is this true from 11 month t0 26 month ? did they say the reason? or may be their website got hacked ? or may be 26 month is not fitting evey file?does somebody know?

this is unreal!!!!!!!!

babi2012

May 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
About the timeline, if we want to be negative, they simply added the VO processing time to decrease the number of inquiries, or just decreased the number of staff working on the family sponsorship, then they generate a fake statistic, and post it on their website.
But if we want to think positive, it only means during the past months they focused on finalizing many cases that have been open for a long time, and finished them. Maybe the conservative government have done it to increase their chances in the next election. So it can be even a good news. They tried to finalize the cases faster.
I cannot think of any other reasons. What do you think?

acmilan

May 24, 2015
babi2012 said:
About the timeline, if we want to be negative, they simply added the VO processing time to decrease the number of inquiries, or just decreased the number of staff working on the family sponsorship, then they generate a fake statistic, and post it on their website.
But if we want to think positive, it only means during the past months they focused on finalizing many cases that have been open for a long time, and finished them. Maybe the conservative government have done it to increase their chances in the next election. So it can be even a good news. They tried to finalize the cases faster.
I cannot think of any other reasons. What do you think?
it is frustrating i agree with you babi 2012 there is a tactic from their side to do something may be people keep calling them or sending them email ask for their case this slow their processing time that s why they gave unbelievable time for processing.whatever it is i hope changes soon!!!!

Aug 24, 2015
Hi everyone
I have sponsored my husband in November and was approved in march, and the file was sent to Ankara. We received a request for update on police certificate which was send promptly. We haven't had any update or anything.
I believe there is a deadline for medical, and my husbands medical is passed one year now.

Does anybody know when will they request for medical update?

Thanks

acmilan

May 24, 2015
bluemarlin said:
Hi everyone,

If anyone can help us, I would be ever so grateful.

So we received our PPR email this morning (yay!) but unfortunately there are a couple problems.

First of all, they have requested us to submit it to Ankara, but we live in London (and we did when we applied, we asked them to process in London, and they still insisted on sending it to Ankara). My husband cannot go to Turkey last minute (he would be fired if he went at this time of year, not to mention the £600 ticket for a last minute flight) and we don't have any possible family that can submit the passport for us. Does anyone know of any travel agencies in Turkey who would receive our passport by courier and submit it for us? The VAC will not allow us to courier it from London, which is totally ridiculous.
why don't you take your husband passport to Turkey and by the way how long took for hos file in ankara?
Secondly, the PPR states he will have to land by September 10th, as that's when his medicals expire. By the time we get the passport back, that will give us about 2 weeks to land in Canada. That's completely unreasonable. Has anyone heard of being given that short of a time frame? I have written them to request an extension but they don't respond to emails... does anyone know any other way to contact them?

I'm so stressed about how unreasonable they are being and starting to really hate my government..

acmilan

May 24, 2015
Sahar_kh said:
I hope you hear from them soon.
Where in canada are you?
any news from your husband file Lina ?
i m in London Ontario too our case is still in Mississauga but my problem is this 11 month changed to 26