+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
Hi

Do we have any spreadsheet for applicants in Ankara office here? My application supposed to sent to London (I'm living in Denmark) but sent to Ankara. Now I'm missing some documents on Ankara checklist. :(
Does anyone has such an experience?

bluemarlin

Nov 14, 2014
saiviira said:
Hi

Do we have any spreadsheet for applicants in Ankara office here? My application supposed to sent to London (I'm living in Denmark) but sent to Ankara. Now I'm missing some documents on Ankara checklist. :(
Does anyone has such an experience?

Hi saiviira,

Yes, we had exactly the same problem, our application was also supposed to be processed in London but was sent to Ankara. I sent the embassy a letter explaining the situation and attaching the new checklist for Turkey, along with any missing documents. I think there was some extra information to fill out and a proof of military service. I didn't hear anything back from them, but our application has gone through so I assume that was sufficient.

The spreadsheet for Ankara applicants is at getcanadavisa.ca

Good luck!

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
bluemarlin said:
Hi saiviira,

Yes, we had exactly the same problem, our application was also supposed to be processed in London but was sent to Ankara. I sent the embassy a letter explaining the situation and attaching the new checklist for Turkey, along with any missing documents. I think there was some extra information to fill out and a proof of military service. I didn't hear anything back from them, but our application has gone through so I assume that was sufficient.

The spreadsheet for Ankara applicants is at getcanadavisa.ca

Good luck!

Hi again

I'm waiting for my police clearance from Iran, and unfortunately it takes long time. :(
But I'l do the same.
I knew about getcanadavisa.ca , but since it's only for iranian, I was thinking we've got more general one. :) did they asked you for interview?

I hope this waiting time ends for all very soon.

bluemarlin

Nov 14, 2014
Hi again

I'm waiting for my police clearance from Iran, and unfortunately it takes long time. :(
But I'l do the same.
I knew about getcanadavisa.ca , but since it's only for iranian, I was thinking we've got more general one. :) did they asked you for interview?

[/quote]

Hi,

The spreadsheet is actually for all applicants through Ankara, but most are Iranian, so it looks like its only for Iranians.

Thankfully they did not ask us for an interview.

The waiting is very hard. Although we waited just over 10 months, we were very lucky compared to others who have had to wait much longer. I hope everyone gets that great passport request email soon!

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
bluemarlin said:
Hi again

But I'l do the same.

Hi,

The spreadsheet is actually for all applicants through Ankara, but most are Iranian, so it looks like its only for Iranians.

Thankfully they did not ask us for an interview.

The waiting is very hard. Although we waited just over 10 months, we were very lucky compared to others who have had to wait much longer. I hope everyone gets that great passport request email soon!
could you please tel me, which address you sent your documents?

Seti

Jul 28, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my sponsorship application.

I live in Canada and my husband live in Iran and I sponsored my husband. Although I didn't provide an option C form (but gave the reason why I didn't),I received a letter from CIC that mentioned I am eligible to sponsor my husband on July 6 2015 and they said the application for permanent residence for my husband has been forwarded to visa office in Ankara.But since then, there hasn't been any changes on our status. This is what they wrote on the website :We received your application for permanent residence on May 1 2015. these are my question:
1. should I sent the option c form to visa office in Ankara or just wait to see if they ask for additional documents?
2. how long does it take to change the status from 'Application Received' to 'In Process'?
3. How can I report change of my husband's address? should I contact visa office in Ankara or CIC?
Thank you

bluemarlin

Nov 14, 2014
saiviira said:
could you please tel me, which address you sent your documents?

Hi,

I sent it directly to the embassy. Address is:

Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy
Cinnah Cad. No: 58 Cankaya
Ankara, Turkey

bluemarlin

Nov 14, 2014
Seti said:
Hello everyone,

I live in Canada and my husband live in Iran and I sponsored my husband. Although I didn't provide an option C form (but gave the reason why I didn't),I received a letter from CIC that mentioned I am eligible to sponsor my husband on July 6 2015 and they said the application for permanent residence for my husband has been forwarded to visa office in Ankara.But since then, there hasn't been any changes on our status. This is what they wrote on the website :We received your application for permanent residence on May 1 2015. these are my question:
1. should I sent the option c form to visa office in Ankara or just wait to see if they ask for additional documents?
2. how long does it take to change the status from 'Application Received' to 'In Process'?
3. How can I report change of my husband's address? should I contact visa office in Ankara or CIC?
Thank you

Hi Seti,

1. Don't send the option c form to Ankara. Once your sponsorship has been approved, they don't need the option c anymore. I didn't have one either as I don't live in Canada at the moment, but my sponsorship was approved and Ankara never asked for any option c or any other sponsorship documents from me.

2. I'm sure anyone who has been through this process would have loved a definitive answer to this question, but unfortunately there is none. The truth is nobody can say. If you are extremely lucky, it might take 1-2 months. If you are an average applicant, it might take 4-6 months. If you are unlucky, you might get called for an interview and it can take 9+ months to even go into process, and more months after that before you get a passport request. Some applicants do not even get a status change to in process at all, they just get eventually get a passport request email.

3. You need to contact Ankara to change your husband's address. CIC in Canada generally refuses to have anything to do with the application once it leaves Canada. As far as I am aware, there is no phone number. You should contact Ankara by sending a case specific inquiry to ttps://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara. I can't post links on this forum, so just add an h to the front of that.

Good luck to you, I hope you are one of the lucky ones and the process is quick for you!

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
Seti said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you
Hi Seti,

My sponsorship approval is the same as yours (06.07.2015). My husband is in Canada now, We can go through this long process together. :) Hope everyone gets PPR soon.

Seti

Jul 28, 2015
saiviira said:
Hi Seti,

My sponsorship approval is the same as yours (06.07.2015). My husband is in Canada now, We can go through this long process together. :) Hope everyone gets PPR soon.
I am so happy to hear that. You are so lucky :)

Seti

Jul 28, 2015
bluemarlin said:
Hi Seti,

1. Don't send the option c form to Ankara. Once your sponsorship has been approved, they don't need the option c anymore. I didn't have one either as I don't live in Canada at the moment, but my sponsorship was approved and Ankara never asked for any option c or any other sponsorship documents from me.

2. I'm sure anyone who has been through this process would have loved a definitive answer to this question, but unfortunately there is none. The truth is nobody can say. If you are extremely lucky, it might take 1-2 months. If you are an average applicant, it might take 4-6 months. If you are unlucky, you might get called for an interview and it can take 9+ months to even go into process, and more months after that before you get a passport request. Some applicants do not even get a status change to in process at all, they just get eventually get a passport request email.

3. You need to contact Ankara to change your husband's address. CIC in Canada generally refuses to have anything to do with the application once it leaves Canada. As far as I am aware, there is no phone number. You should contact Ankara by sending a case specific inquiry to ttps://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara. I can't post links on this forum, so just add an h to the front of that.

Good luck to you, I hope you are one of the lucky ones and the process is quick for you!
Hi bluemarlin,

Thank you so much for you clear response. I hope the process takes minimum time for everyone!

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Hi everyone ,

I have some questions about ARC .somebody told me i might need arc because on certificate of deperature says deparature order becomes deportation order so question is is somebody applied for arc in ankara office and how many months it took thanks everyone

saiviira

Jun 18, 2015
braveheart09 said:
Hi everyone ,

I have some questions about ARC .somebody told me i might need arc because on certificate of deperature says deparature order becomes deportation order so question is is somebody applied for arc in ankara office and how many months it took thanks everyone
What do you mean by ARC?