+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aribc said:
Guys,
Please dont get panic, we have to respect Canadian embassy employees, they have some issues over there and hopefully they gonna fix it soon.
Some of you guys make fun of some employees at VAC and that is not nice, because what if they read our comments here at forum.
Please be respectful, I'm in same boat with you guys, lets be patient and hope.
some questions:
-Have any former PPR's applicants had same problems earlier?
-I read from "negmeg": that they gonna give you a letter instead of passport for returning to Iran, I dont think if anyone can go back to Iran without his/her passport. If so what VAC/Embassy state is, Are they willing to give us the passport without visa? because its not logical to stay in Turkey until they fix that problem, what if takes mare than couple weeks? and even if go back to Iran with a letter, How can we leave the country without passport !! so does anyone know they are OK to give back the passport right away?

Remember based on the Immigration rules after receiving PPR email which most of us received late August, we only need 30 days to be present at Ankara VAC, and we are there now, so hopeful they can make it happen soon.

Senior applicants who are in Canada, please advise if that happened before for any of you before.
Best Wishes
Please just pray for each other.
Nobody insulted anybody! We are just stating facts and helping each other. The truth is the people at VAC really don't know much about why or when. Their job is to send off the passports to the embassy and handed to the applicants. So they can't help us. The system issue is at the embassy. But maybe they can help you.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Keeponwaiting22,

The first time you change your flight will cost 100 euros. The second time will cost 150 euros.

I did go to the embassy on Friday and the guy basically told me that they don't care about how much this is costing us. I'll let you know what happened when I come back from the embassy tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'll take one for the team.
I think we should all go to the embassy together so they can see how many people are actually being affected by this. Only if they could give us a reason why this is taking so long maybe some of us could be less stressed and more patient.

Thanks ombra! Are you going there in the morning at 8:30? If you're all there together you can get some answers.
Oh and when did you guys get the flight back? This weekend or next week? We are still debating as to what date to change it to.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
negmeg said:
Arbic,

Well that's what the lawyer told my cousin. They may send the passport with visa by mail! or call them for pick up once it's ready, maybe you can go back to turkey with that same paper. Anyhow she also told me that they say they have up to one month to return the passport once they receive it; standard procedure it seems. For her it has been two weeks.

Since November last year, when I joined this group I have not seen anything like this.

Negin
The regular processing time is only 4 days, not a month!
Even the officer at VAC Ankara told us, it is usually takes couple days, but we recently have some problems, it might take longer.
This is what exactly they said.
Thanks Negin

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
keeponwaiting22 said:
Nobody insulted anybody! We are just stating facts and helping each other. The truth is the people at VAC really don't know much about why or when. Their job is to send off the passports to the embassy and handed to the applicants. So they can't help us. The system issue is at the embassy. But maybe they can help you.
Dont take it wrong,
Im totally with you.
Lets hope tomorrow they give us right answer.
What your passport/Visa status at Ankara Embassy site?

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ANKARA. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website."

We also asked an immigration lawyer here in Canada and she said that they have changed their process and this status will be shown for at least two weeks as a security measure. Not sure how that is!

Anyone who gets theirs please update us.

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
40 passports all at once sounds to me like visitor visas or study permits. I doubt it would all be PRs... :)
Yeah, I really hope they can sort this out as soon as possible. It makes sense that they are all not for PRs. :-(
I just got my "In-Process" status. How long do you think it will roughly take now? so exciting.
It seems like I'm actually 2 days behind Mrs.KOR. 11 September the status changed.

Do you receive another email or only if they would need something.

Thanks,
Pooya

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Yay!!!! That's wonderful news!! I hope we get the PPR the same day :) And very very very soon!!! :D Look at our timelines, we are like twins lol

It's really hard to estimate how long it would take. Some people get it in a month, some takes several months. It depends how fast they get the results for the background checks I suppose. Fingers crossed my friend!!

Pooya_NP said:
Yeah, I really hope they can sort this out as soon as possible. It makes sense that they are all not for PRs. :-(
I just got my "In-Process" status. How long do you think it will roughly take now? so exciting.
It seems like I'm actually 2 days behind Mrs.KOR. 11 September the status changed.

Do you receive another email or only if they would need something.

Thanks,
Pooya

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Mrs. , congrats. I'm happy for you.

Guess what, I just my wife's passport with the visa. I raised hell. But it was worth it. 2 hours later I got the email and everything fine.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Finally!!! So happy for you, congrats!! I hope others got their passports back as well

ombra2011 said:

Guess what, I just my wife's passport with the visa. I raised hell. But it was worth it. 2 hours later I got the email and everything fine.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ombra 11,

How did you get the passport? My cousin whose passport was submitted September 02 is still waiting!!

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
ombra2011 said:

Congrats
You deserved it
Did you talk to someone at embassy or VAC?
Did they give you right away or called you back?

keeponwaiting22, any news from you?
Thanks

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone!

Congrats Ombra! All the waiting has finally paid off. Good for you!

Now, here's an update on my husband:
This morning, after checking his visa's status online with no news, he decides to go over the VAC Office (in Istanbul). The guy checks his tracking number and says that he could come back the next day (tomorrow) to get his passport! So my husband goes back to his hotel room, checks his status again and this time... it says that the passport has been dispatched from the visa Office in Ankara (it takes a day for the passport to get to Istanbul).

I guess whatever the problem was, is now solved. Hopefully all the other people that are waiting, would get their visas as well.

After all the stress we have been through, I think it's pretty normal to be a little oversensitive. Hang in there guys!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Sunny-day,

when did he submit his passport. My cousin submitted September 02 yet no news on her tracking status!!!

sunny_day said:
Hi everyone!

Congrats Ombra! All the waiting has finally paid off. Good for you!

Now, here's an update on my husband:
This morning, after checking his visa's status online with no news, he decides to go over the VAC Office (in Istanbul). The guy checks his tracking number and says that he could come back the next day (tomorrow) to get his passport! So my husband goes back to his hotel room, checks his status again and this time... it says that the passport has been dispatched from the visa Office in Ankara (it takes a day for the passport to get to Istanbul).

I guess whatever the problem was, is now solved. Hopefully all the other people that are waiting, would get their visas as well.

After all the stress we have been through, I think it's pretty normal to be a little oversensitive. Hang in there guys!

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
negmeg said:
Hey Sunny-day,

when did he submit his passport. My cousin submitted September 02 yet no news on her tracking status!!!
Hi negmeg

He submitted his passport on Thursday morning. The guy at VAC tells him at that point that it might take up to 7 business days but agrees to put a copy of my husband's return ticket, just in case.