+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a question for those who have received their passport request email.

At the section where it says : please provide your current contact details

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Do you write your Iranian address, your Canadian address, or the address of the hotel you're staying at in Ankara?[/size][/size]

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Hello All,

I am new to this and hope to get more information. I applied as sponsor on october 4th 2013 after emailing everybody and too much struggle ( finally I emailed Chris Alexander directly) my file as sponsor got approved on April 7th 2014. My file was then transfered to Ankara and the status got changed to in process on June 2ed 2014. My medical got expired on August 5th and my lawyer has emailed Ankara 3 times now on what to do next ( if they need another medical or police certificate) Can somebody help? My lawyer is saying that they are exending the medical? Is this true?
Thanks.

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Hi CanHali
Most of medical will be extended and don't worry about it. if they won't extend your medical they will ask you for new medical examination.

CanHali said:
Hello All,

I am new to this and hope to get more information. I applied as sponsor on october 4th 2013 after emailing everybody and too much struggle ( finally I emailed Chris Alexander directly) my file as sponsor got approved on April 7th 2014. My file was then transfered to Ankara and the status got changed to in process on June 2ed 2014. My medical got expired on August 5th and my lawyer has emailed Ankara 3 times now on what to do next ( if they need another medical or police certificate) Can somebody help? My lawyer is saying that they are exending the medical? Is this true?
Thanks.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
This is a question for those who have received their passport request email.

At the section where it says : please provide your current contact details

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Do you write your Iranian address, your Canadian address, or the address of the hotel you're staying at in Ankara?[/size][/size]
Hi,
When my husband received the PPR email it stated: "Please provide your contact details during your stay in Turkey. This includes your telephone number (local or roaming) and/or your residential address (hotel name, etc.), in addition to your email address:"

However, these ppr emails have now changed and this may no longer be the case. If in doubt I suggest providing the hotel address in Ankara and the phone number available to you in Ankara as well as your address in Iran. And make a note that you are staying at the hotel in Ankara for x many days.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's almost impossible for Ankara losing any document in your file such as a police certificate. When they receive your file they scan every document and create a generic ID. Also CIC does they same.

Police certificates have to be original documents and must be be translated to English/French. During the application process the Embassy might ask an updated police certificate and check applicant's clearance time to time.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks Galip, it makes more sense to think that they asked for an up to date police certificate. As i said before getting the police certificate for Turkey is the easiest thing. We have already sent it to the embassy on Friday, it should arrive on Monday. Now we just have to wait and see… :)

Galip said:
It's almost impossible for Ankara losing any document in your file such as a police certificate. When they receive your file they scan every document and create a generic ID. Also CIC does they same.

Police certificates have to be original documents and must be be translated to English/French. During the application process the Embassy might ask an updated police certificate and check applicant's clearance time to time.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
Guys! I need your help! PLEASE!!!

Does my husband have to pay a fee when he gets to the embassy?
Can he pay in cash?
If not, does he have to go to a Turkish bank to get a bank draft? Who does he make it out to?

I'm freaking out!!

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/turkey/servicechargeschedule.html

And does he go to the embassy at
Immigration Section

Cinnah Caddesi No. 58

Çankaya, 06690

Ankara, Turkey

or somewhere else??
Hey, I am in Ankara and just got back from the VAC.

The experience you can expect:

1- I went to the embassy instead of the VAC, good news: the VAC is 5 minutes from the embassy. Also THE VAC is underground, so you have to go down a ramp and make a right to see it. Do Not be scared of getting lost, someone will be there to show you where it is.
2- If your spouse doesn't have recent pictures pictures, don't panic, there's a automated picture booth at the VAC.
3- The process will take 4 business days and will COST 44 Turkish lira which is about $25.
4- They will then give you a receipt for the payment and on the receipt there's a tracking number and you can check the status of the visa online.
5- The password for your tracking number is your spouse's DOB in this format: dd/mm/yyyy
6- Even though on the 6 page email that you take with you as the proof of the decision, there is a section where you write down your phone number, they will still ask you to write down 2 emergency phone numbers and your email one more time at the VAC.

7- At the door you will have to be checked by a metal detector.

8- FOR IRANIANS: there's Iranian Rep in the kiosk at the VAC. The security guy/metal detector guy (don't know his job title lol) also speaks farsi. So if you don't know Turkish or English Don't panic.

9- You have to take a number and wait for your turn. Always look at the counter because they don't call your name. When the number changes the thing beeps.

10- You will receive an email with the tracking number. So if you lose the receipt don't worry you will have an electronic copy.

Some funny things to share with you :
- Even though I beeped at the door they still let me in without any further checks
- The guys print the receipt and give it to you and stamps it paid then say, pay me
- There is a bin behind the 3 reps sitting in the kiosk where your documents have to go into however none of the 3 bothers to take the led off of the bin to put your documents in it. From where they are sitting they aim for the bin so your documents will land on it.

Hope Hope this info helps.

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:

1- I went to the embassy instead of the VAC, good news: the VAC is 5 minutes from the embassy. Also THE VAC is underground, so you have to go down a ramp and make a right to see it. Do Not be scared of getting lost, someone will be there to show you where it is.
2- If your spouse doesn't have recent pictures pictures, don't panic, there's a automated picture booth at the VAC.
3- The process will take 4 business days and will COST 44 Turkish lira which is about $25.
4- They will then give you a receipt for the payment and on the receipt there's a tracking number and you can check the status of the visa online.
5- The password for your tracking number is your spouse's DOB in this format: dd/mm/yyyy
6- Even though on the 6 page email that you take with you as the proof of the decision, there is a section where you write down your phone number, they will still ask you to write down 2 emergency phone numbers and your email one more time at the VAC.

7- At the door you will have to be checked by a metal detector.

8- FOR IRANIANS: there's Iranian Rep in the kiosk at the VAC. The security guy/metal detector guy (don't know his job title lol) also speaks farsi. So if you don't know Turkish or English Don't panic.

9- You have to take a number and wait for your turn. Always look at the counter because they don't call your name. When the number changes the thing beeps.

10- You will receive an email with the tracking number. So if you lose the receipt don't worry you will have an electronic copy.

Some funny things to share with you :
- Even though I beeped at the door they still let me in without any further checks
- The guys print the receipt and give it to you and stamps it paid then say, pay me
- There is a bin behind the 3 reps sitting in the kiosk where your documents have to go into however none of the 3 bothers to take the led off of the bin to put your documents in it. From where they are sitting they aim for the bin so your documents will land on it.

Hope Hope this info helps.
Thankkkk you so much for being so kind, very useful info, complete & in detail, above all once again congratulation to you & your beloved all the bests on ur future life,

still waiting for my PPR would review again your kind info as soon as I got my PPR notification :)

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Anytime She. D, I figured it'd help because I always need to know every little detail about a place before I actually go there.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I'll update any further info - if any-when I get the results I want.

She. D I really hope that you get some good news soon.

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Do you guys know which days of the week visa officers work on the applications or which days of the week they send PPR emails?

Thanks.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
CanHali said:
Do you guys know which days of the week visa officers work on the applications or which days of the week they send PPR emails?

Thanks.
They work Monday - Friday from 8 - 4 PM. Emails are normally sent with delays except the email about the visa.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
They work Monday - Friday from 8 - 4 PM. Emails are normally sent with delays except the email about the visa.
Hey ombra,
I'm glad you got everything done and over with. How many days did it take for you to get your visa after you submitted at the vac?

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
Hey ombra,
I'm glad you got everything done and over with. How many days did it take for you to get your visa after you submitted at the vac?
Thank you so much
Today was the first day. They said it'll take 4 business days. Fingers crossed. Cause I have my return ticket for Sunday.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the detailed info! It will be very useful once we get to that stage, hopefully soon :)

ombra2011 said: