+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
farnazzz said:
After 15 months we finally got the golden email today!
Farnaz soooo happy for you! Finally!!!! :D :D :D Really happy for you and your husband. Best wishes for your life together in Canada.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
mayam abrahamian said:
hello everyone,please somebody tell me if I can get visitor visa while in PR process :(
I can't take it,it's been one month and I'm already anxious....
Hi,

It is often very difficult to get a tourist vistor's visa for a spouse because you have to prove you will go back to your home country and not over stay on your visit visa. It is very usual to get reject since your husband is in Canada and you are applying to be a permanent resident of Canada. This is typically even more difficult for citizens of country's that have a hard time getting visitor's visas anyways (like Iran).

You could always try for the visitor's visa; I don't believe this will hurt your PR application. But you MUST show lots of proof and ties to your home country. For example: proof of home ownership, proof of business ownership, paid school enrollment/proof of employment + letter from employer stating you are going on vacation and needs to return for your job, return airplane ticket, etc.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayam abrahamian said:
hello there,I'm from tehran and I just sent my documents with DHL Address: 21st St, Tehran, Iran
Phone:+98 84079
it's pretty fast and sound,hope it helps
I got one question: you ever thought of getting a visitor visa while you PR processing?
You can't send your passports by courier to get a visa. Read the email:

Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
hello i need ur help:i am trying to change my address more than a week and ı cant...the case specıfıc enquıry ıs currently unaıvalable due to a technıcal ıssue...dıd someone recently trıed to change address wıth the Ankara enqury?ı am worrıed maybe they want to contact me(10 days before ı took my SA) and they cant fınd me...ı have already sent a maıl at the Ankara vısa offıce....what should ı do more?

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
mayam abrahamian said:
hello there,I'm from tehran and I just sent my documents with DHL Address: 21st St, Tehran, Iran
Phone:+98 84079
it's pretty fast and sound,hope it helps
I got one question: you ever thought of getting a visitor visa while you PR processing?
I called DHL, they said they wont send passport, is against law !!
viditor visa, no I didnt tr, because at least takes 3 months, not worth it !!

Aug 29, 2014
aribc said:
I called DHL, they said they wont send passport, is against law !!
viditor visa, no I didnt tr, because at least takes 3 months, not worth it !!
Ooh my, I made a really bad mistake by not reading your query properly.you are right,beside what I sent was my police report and required pictures.
I see,well I guess I have to go into waiting list,there is no way around.but God knows how difficult it is to wait like this.me and my husband(by then boyfriend) had been living together for four years and we didn't know how difficult and time consuming the process will be.
it feels like a trap,and since I got to read some of these comments everything started to look real to me.I was sort of avoiding the truth about the time of process.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi
any advice for nice and affordable hotel near visa office?
is Visa office close to shopping center?
Thanks

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
keeponwaiting22 is absolutely correct. it's AGAINST Canadian Law to send legal documents via MAIL. CanadaPost will reject it!

Do not sent it via DHL/courier services, chances are they will send it back and your 30 days notice will be over by the time you get your passport back.

keeponwaiting22 said:
You can't send your passports by courier to get a visa. Read the email:

Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you.

Aug 29, 2014
ombra2011 said:
keeponwaiting22 is absolutely correct. it's AGAINST Canadian Law to send legal documents via MAIL. CanadaPost will reject it!

Do not sent it via DHL/courier services, chances are they will send it back and your 30 days notice will be over by the time you get your passport back.
right here, I'm appologizing for my careless response, I just got here and didn't read previous comments regarding this issue.
I sent my police report and required pictures to my husband in canada for him to pack and send.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that :(

But hey getting the police report takes only half an hour and you can have it translated and send it over to the embassy in a day. So hopefully it will not delay your process and you will get the good news sooner than you thought

KingC said:
Thanks Mrs. Kor - Based on your response I know now they lost our police report. Oh well more delays in this unnecessary lengthy process.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Hey,

The Ankara Hilton - Which is the hotel I'll be staying at- is a 10 minutes walk from the embassy.
aribc said:
Hi
any advice for nice and affordable hotel near visa office?
is Visa office close to shopping center?
Thanks

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Hey,

The Ankara Hilton - Which is the hotel I'll be staying at- is a 10 minutes walk from the embassy.
I reserved a hotel for my husband which is a 10 min walk to the embassy and very affordable.
: King Hotel Cankaya
I paid 320 for 5 nights. I got it from booking.com

KingC

May 12, 2014
The Ankara Hilton is a very nice hotel. I've stayed there a few times for work. I don't think its affordable by any means.

ombra2011 said:
Hey,

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
KingC, you're right it's a little expensive but I got a 30% discount from hotels.com for labour day so it was a little better than normal. I mainly did it cause I normaly pay a lot for hotels cause I want to enjoy my sleep lol I have a n issue when I don't sleep in my own bed :(

KingC said:
The Ankara Hilton is a very nice hotel. I've stayed there a few times for work. I don't think its affordable by any means.