+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Congratulations!!! So happy for you! Enjoy :)
Thank you Mrs.KOR, very nice of you :) Hope your file gets finalized much faster than it took for us.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Ali.irani said:
Hi m777 i am really really happy for you and your wife.
I hope a lovely and great live in canada for you two both.

And i hope we hear something too. Waiting is the worst thing in the world.
My wife is so hopeless now. She is very sensitive in these days and she lives there alone.

For me this week is over without any progress. On the other hand, i am so happy for my friends who got their ppr and visas

And another thing m777
Could you plz tell me what the mail is look alike? When do you want to plan your trip?
Did they give you a date or appointment for beeing in VO?
Hi Ali,
Thanks for your kind heart and thoughts. I'm so sympathetic to you. I totally understand how it's felt. I pray for you from bottom of my heart that this exhausting process gets finalized soon. Please don't hesitate if I can be of any help. Statistically considering, just based on lboxixodl's spreadsheet, it's very likely you get your ppr before June 20.

As for the trip, I'm not 100% sure yet, we haven't made any plan, but probably my wife will go to Ankara to get her visa, then she returns to Iran and comes to Canada later. There's no appointment needed for going to the VAC.

Here's the entire email:

Subject: FILE: ... NAME: ... ***Request for Submission of Passports***

FILE: ...
May 29, 2014

Request for Submission of Passports
(Residents of Iran)

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:
Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is 2014/09/04. If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.

Documents to submit:
1. Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable
· Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel
2. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at:
· The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture
3. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.
4. Others:
Please submit all passports and documents in one package, with a copy of this letter, within 30 days. Failure to provide the requested documents within this time frame may result in the closure of your application without further notification.

How to submit:
All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.

You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from a Visa Application Center (VAC), using one of the following options:
1. In person
2. Through an authorized representative

You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC. You must also submit a printed copy of this email to the VAC.

Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.

The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).

Passports submitted to the VAC in Ankara will normally have a 4 business day turnaround, while those submitted to the VAC in Istanbul will normally have a 6 business day turnaround.

For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank@vfshelpline.com.

Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you.

Note: if you are currently residing outside Iran, different procedures will apply. Please send an e-mail, titled “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE”, to: ankara-visa@international.gc.ca. Be sure to include your file number at this office, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal addresses.

Change in Family Composition:
You must notify our office in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
· Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member); or
· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Failure to inform us of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas, or may render you and/or your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform us of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter.

We wish you safe travels, and happiness and success in your new home in Canada!

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
FILE #:....
Passport Submission Form (must be completed for each file)

Please fill the following information for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
First Name Height (cm) Eye Colour
Please provide your current contact details (including your telephone number in Turkey, if any):
Tel:
Address:
Email:

You may be contacted in case additional information is needed or if something changes after you submit your passport(s).

Letter of Authorization:

(To be completed only if a representative is submitting your passport(s) on your behalf)

I, ____ , hereby authorize ____ to collect my Canadian visa(s) and/or submit/collect other documents related to my application from the Visa Application Center on my behalf. This authorized person is a citizen of ____ and holds ID/passport number ____.

Signature of applicant

Date

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Congratulations on your ppr.

The VAC charges 45 TL when you submit your passport.

At first I planned a 3-day trip to Ankara, I came here on Sunday night, submitted my passport on Monday morning, but the visa was not ready until Friday, so I extended my staying and I picked my visa up on Friday! Since Iranair has no flights back to Iran till Sunday, I am stuck in here, injecting money to Ankara's hotel industry until Sunday.

I am staying in Marya hotel. The price is 140 TL for a single room, but if you book your hotel and tickets in advance from a travel agency, you can get considerable discount. The hotel is located close to a bunch of embassies. The neighborhood is very safe and highly secured because of the embassies. It is 5 minutes walk to Canadian embassy, and 15 minutes walk to VAC. But in order to reach the center of the city you need to take a taxi or city bus.
Thanks Mehrdad for your congrats, and thanks for thorough information; you've been soooo helpful :) Just a few more things: What hour did you go there, 8:30 or earlier? Was it so busy? Did you pay the fee just by cash inside the VAC?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
Thanks Mehrdad for your congrats, and thanks for thorough information; you've been soooo helpful :) Just a few more things: What hour did you go there, 8:30 or earlier? Was it so busy? Did you pay the fee just by cash inside the VAC?
You pay the fee to the officer at the VAC in cash. Be there between 8 to 8:30 on a Monday morning, unless it is probable that you will receive your passport on the following week of your submission.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad, I must say that for an Iranian, you speak English really well! How did you learn English so well? You're gonna have an easy time in Canada. Did you take ESL classes or did your wife teach you?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
Mehrdad, I must say that for an Iranian, you speak English really well! How did you learn English so well? You're gonna have an easy time in Canada. Did you take ESL classes or did your wife teach you?
Thanks for saying so, but I know I am not that fluent ;D

I picked up my language from Iran Language Institute (during adolescence), IELTS preparation classes at Bahar Language Institute in Shiraz, the Internet, movies, and TV series (specifically The Simpsons :p ).

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
You pay the fee to the officer at the VAC in cash. Be there between 8 to 8:30 on a Monday morning, unless it is probable that you will receive your passport on the following week of your submission.
Awesome, thanks.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Thanks for saying so, but I know I am not that fluent ;D

I picked up my language from Iran Language Institute (during adolescence), IELTS preparation classes at Bahar Language Institute in Shiraz, the Internet, movies, and TV series (specifically The Simpsons :p ).
Lol! Homer is the best ESL instructor! I sent my husband Rosetta Stone. I should have sent him Simpsons DVDs; it would have been much cheaper:)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
Lol! Homer is the best ESL instructor! I sent my husband Rosetta Stone. I should have sent him Simpsons DVDs; it would have been much cheaper:)
Yeah, Homer Simpson and Barney Gumbo were my professors.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
My ecas changed to decision made today (sunday night).

Weird I know, no PPR yet.

Not sure if its a good news or bad news:

We received ***********s application for permanent residence on August 26, 2013.

We started processing **********s application on May 28, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

**********'s interview is May 28, 2014.

A decision has been made on ***********'s application. The office will contact *********** concerning this decision.

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
congratulation Abe1004 :) :)

I think you revived your visa very very soon. did they take your passport in interview or not?

Abe1004 said:
My ecas changed to decision made today (sunday night).

Weird I know, no PPR yet.

Not sure if its a good news or bad news:

We received ***********s application for permanent residence on August 26, 2013.

We started processing **********s application on May 28, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

**********'s interview is May 28, 2014.

A decision has been made on ***********'s application. The office will contact *********** concerning this decision.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
lboxixodl said:
congratulation Abe1004 :) :)

I think you revived your visa very very soon. did they take your passport in interview or not?
Thanks lboxixodl.
Im not sure if its positive or negative since I never was asked to leave passport and decision made appeared yesterday. Officer was a bit sceptical on interview so i thought a no is possible.

Guess i was wrong. Not sure what to think yet

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so they replied to the email finally and we can now send the passport to Ottawa.

So FYI if you are living in Canada with your spouse(applicant) you can ask the embassy to send your visa's document for issuance to Ottawa case processing center.

Not sure how long it will take but I will update you once we know. Hopefully we send the documents today and we will have the passport by end of week.

Abe1004, don't allow the negative thoughts in your head. it will be a good news.

mamali1980

Jan 9, 2014
Abe1004 said:
Thanks lboxixodl.
Im not sure if its positive or negative since I never was asked to leave passport and decision made appeared yesterday. Officer was a bit sceptical on interview so i thought a no is possible.

Guess i was wrong. Not sure what to think yet

CONGRATULATION

Abe1004 god for you be positive you will get the respond soon
but what should i say
there is not any activity in my account after long month
ecase even not going to process
just i received a litter for some missing document and ppfr on march 12 nothing so far
do you have any idea

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
I have a question guys: To sign or not to sign the passport? :D

When I included a copy of my wife's passport for the original visa application, the passport didn't have the holder's signature in the space provided. But now that we want to submit and show the original passport to them for the first time, I'm not sure if it's good to sign it or to leave it as it was for the application. If it's signed, they may wonder why it's different now. If it's left unsigned, they may not accept to issue the visa in it as they may consider the passport not to be valid (I don't think the officer in the VAC would tell you that right away when you submit your passport).

The concern here isn't that we eventually get the visa or not. The main concern is that we don't wanna face a week of delay.

Does anybody have any experience or know anything about this?

Thank you.