+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Hi Guys

Just wondering if there's anyone on here with a a similar time line to mine. little bit more about myself im a Canadian sponsoring my Turkish husband we have been together for 4 years married for 1 :)
I had my approval since Feb 19th and heard nothing from Ankara since then, its going on 3 months, I know I shouldn't start worrying yet but as you can all relate its hard to stay positive when your missing someone. Just wanted to thank all the members you have been helpful and very uplifting throughout this process, Hopefully we will all get some good news soon

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
you can find other member timeline in spreadsheet . the links is in my signature

em.ma said:
Hi Guys

Just wondering if there's anyone on here with a a similar time line to mine. little bit more about myself im a Canadian sponsoring my Turkish husband we have been together for 4 years married for 1 :)
I had my approval since Feb 19th and heard nothing from Ankara since then, its going on 3 months, I know I shouldn't start worrying yet but as you can all relate its hard to stay positive when your missing someone. Just wanted to thank all the members you have been helpful and very uplifting throughout this process, Hopefully we will all get some good news soon

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
SooMazi said:
Just jumping in here, medicals are valid for one year (so in your case until 26 May 2014). However, as long as there were no problems with your medical results (nothing they would want to check up on) and your file is already in process Ankara generally extends the validity of your medicals for 6 months or 1 year. In some cases though you will be asked to re-do them. They will notify you if this is the case.

For us, Ankara put my husband's medicals to be valid one year from the date his file was physically received in the Ankara visa office (not the date he actually did them). This was also true for other members of the forum as well (Turkey2013) if memory serves correct. It may have been because of the strike during the summer of 2013 that they did this.

At any rate, I would suggest you order the GCMS notes as you can see when the medicals will expire
Hi SooMazi,

Thank you for your info and clarifications! We had actually requested and received GCMS notes, but we hadn't noticed the medical validity date in the notes; you're right, it's Sep 4, 2014 :)

Do you know at least how long before your medicals are expired can the VO send you the PPR (assuming that "all processing has been done on your file")? To clarify better, let's consider my case. Up to when can the VO send me the PPR email without actually having to extend my medicals (extending by them or me)? Obviously this can't be as late as Aug 4, 2014, because they'll give me a month to show up and collect my visa, which is not gonna be valid after Sep 4, 2014. Is it two months, three months, ...?

Cheers.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
m777r said:
Hi SooMazi,

Thank you for your info and clarifications! We had actually requested and received GCMS notes, but we hadn't noticed the medical validity date in the notes; you're right, it's Sep 4, 2014 :)

Do you know at least how long before your medicals are expired can the VO send you the PPR (assuming that "all processing has been done on your file")? To clarify better, let's consider my case. Up to when can the VO send me the PPR email without actually having to extend my medicals (extending by them or me)? Obviously this can't be as late as Aug 4, 2014, because they'll give me a month to show up and collect my visa, which is not gonna be valid after Sep 4, 2014. Is it two months, three months, ...?

Cheers.
Sorry I don't really have an answer to your question. When you receive the PPR email it will state (as you mentioned) you have 30-days to comply - turn up at the embassy in person to submit your passport or send by courier or authorized representative - and it will tell you the expiry date of your visa (in your case 4 September 2014). I have heard of other visa offices giving people very little time (one month or less in some cases), but I haven't heard of such an example for Ankara.

Hopefully the PPR email will come soon. If you are already in process it means interview has been waived so it is probably the background/security check that is taking place. It is difficult to say how long it will take as each file is unique. I suggest if you get to August and still have not heard anything, use the Case Specific Inquiry site: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara
and contact them. Good luck!

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
SooMazi said:
Sorry I don't really have an answer to your question. When you receive the PPR email it will state (as you mentioned) you have 30-days to comply - turn up at the embassy in person to submit your passport or send by courier or authorized representative - and it will tell you the expiry date of your visa (in your case 4 September 2014). I have heard of other visa offices giving people very little time (one month or less in some cases), but I haven't heard of such an example for Ankara.

Hopefully the PPR email will come soon. If you are already in process it means interview has been waived so it is probably the background/security check that is taking place. It is difficult to say how long it will take as each file is unique. I suggest if you get to August and still have not heard anything, use the Case Specific Inquiry site and contact them. Good luck!
Thanks SooMazi! You've been really helpful :).

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
lboxixodl said:
you can find other member timeline in spreadsheet . the links is in my signature

Thank you for adding me

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
Hi Mehrdad,

Congratulations :). Hope you'll have a wonderful life in Canada.

We're still waiting for our case to get finalized; it's been such a long wait... I have a few questions if you don't mind. Would you let me know when you did your medicals? Were you asked by the Ankara office to extend your medicals at all? During the processing of your file, were you requested by the Ankara office for any further or missing info?

My timeline has been shown in lboxixodl's spreadsheet: Medicals done on May 26, 2013; app received on Aug 12, 2013; sponsorship approval on Sep 4, 2013; processing started on Feb 19, 2014. Besides, we were asked by the Ankara office for submission of some missing info in our Schedule A on March 10, 2014.

Thanks.
Hi. Thank you so much.

Seemingly, the application that we had sent to Ankara was complete and flawless since they did not contact us at all for any missing or further information/ documents. I even was not interviewed. Medical was done on April 3013, and I am surprised that they have mentioned it on the ppr letter that my medical exam expiry date is 27th of July, 2014 (More than one year for medical expiry)! So do not be worried about your medical exam, If necessary they will let you know to redo it.
Your timelines are close to mine. It is highly probable that you receive ppr in the following week. I really hope so. ;)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear lboxixodl

I copied your signature to mine so more people can see it and use it. Here I ask for your permission to keep it.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
:D :D Wooooooo! Congratulations Mehrdad!!! :D :D I wish you all the best in your new life together with your wife in Canada.

I still check this forum from time to time in hopes to hear some good news such as this from people like you, farnaz, Abe, etc. who have been waiting such a longer time than the rest of us. Here's hoping this good news keeps on continuing!! :)
Thank you so much Soomazi!!!!!! ;)

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Hi. Thank you so much.

Seemingly, the application that we had sent to Ankara was complete and flawless since they did not contact us at all for any missing or further information/ documents. I even was not interviewed. Medical was done on April 3013, and I am surprised that they have mentioned it on the ppr letter that my medical exam expiry date is 27th of July, 2014 (More than one year for medical expiry)! So do not be worried about your medical exam, If necessary they will let you know to redo it.
Your timelines are close to mine. It is highly probable that you receive ppr in the following week. I really hope so. ;)
Hi Mehrdad,

Thanks for your wishes. Yeah, we're really hoping that the case gets finalized soon based on similar timelines in the spreadsheet. The missing info in our application was just a single line that we emailed them the day after they requested it. It'd be a shame if such a thing were to cause a considerable delay. We'll see.

Again, hope you'll have an enjoyable life with your wife in Canada.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To folks who have got their visas

How long does it take from the time I submit my passport to the embassy till they give it back to me with an issued visa in Ankara?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mehrdad said:

How long does it take from the time I submit my passport to the embassy till they give it back to me with an issued visa in Ankara?
If you go in person in the morning you should get it back the next day (afternoon). If there is a problem (very small chance of this happening) it may take another day, but everyone seems to get it the next afternoon. If you send by Iranian travel/courier company I think it can take about 10 days, but maybe longer - I guess it depends to the company you use.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Hi all
Today I received ppr from Ankara. I am so glad that this frustrating waiting is over finally after 10 months.
To those who are waiting for ppr: "Hang in there. Your time will definitely come."
Farnaz, I am waiting for your good news.
I appreciate you folks for your support, Soomazi, Mrs.Asag, Boxixod, Turkey 2013, Negin, Ibh, Abe, and whoever wrote me even a word.
I still need your support since I am heading to Ankara for submitting my passport.
Love you all, and I share my joy with you nice partners. :p
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:

Usually 1 or 2 days! Not too long of a wait for the visa stamp.

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
I have a question regarding medical test of family members and appreciate any answer, I am wondering if the principal applicant is found medially inadmissible, the rest of family member on the file continue medical tests? I mean when the principal applicant is inadmissible the visa office sends the letter right away or wait until the entire family finish the medical tests and then send the letter.

Thank you