+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Ali.irani

May 10, 2014
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-june-2014
Mehrdad said:
Hi all
Today I received ppr from Ankara. I am so glad that this frustrating waiting is over finally after 10 months.
To those who are waiting for ppr: "Hang in there. Your time will definitely come."
Farnaz, I am waiting for your good news.
I appreciate you folks for your support, Soomazi, Mrs.Asag, Boxixod, Turkey 2013, Negin, Ibh, Abe, and whoever wrote me even a word.
I still need your support since I am heading to Ankara for submitting my passport.
Love you all, and I share my joy with you nice partners. :p
Hi mehrdad
I am very happy for you
Today was your turn .i hope you have a very happy life in Canada beside your wife. Take care have fun and pray for rest of us:))

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOO

Actually I was just looking at the list today and said to myself Mehrdad Franaz and Abe should hear something soon...

So happy for you and I am thinking May is another February!
Tnx to Victoria day!

Mehrdad said:
Hi all
Today I received ppr from Ankara. I am so glad that this frustrating waiting is over finally after 10 months.
To those who are waiting for ppr: "Hang in there. Your time will definitely come."
I appreciate you folks for your support, Soomazi, Mrs.Asag, Boxixod, Turkey 2013, Negin, Ibh, Abe, and whoever wrote me even a word.
I still need your support since I am heading to Ankara for submitting my passport.

Ali.irani

May 10, 2014
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-june-2014
negmeg said:
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOO

Actually I was just looking at the list today and said to myself Mehrdad Franaz and Abe should hear something soon...

So happy for you and I am thinking May is another February!
Tnx to Victoria day!
Turn him to GREEEEEEN
we have a winner today

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish I could but I am not the one updating the sheet, lboxixodl is the one! ;D

Ali.irani said:
Turn him to GREEEEEEN
we have a winner today

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Congratulations!!! What a joy to hear such happy news!! :)

Mehrdad said:
Hi all

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mamali
Thank you so much. Yes, I do believe it because it is not weird to me at all that you have prayed for me. There is a strong bond among people on this thread, they treat each other like close friends. I think that this week is your turn mamali. Don't forget to update your timelines on the holy spreadsheet. Wish you a soon ppr. :)

Ali and Mrs.KOR
Thanks for your warm wishes. The great part is that my wife has come to me after one year, besides that we will go to Canada together this time.

Negmeg
Yessssss! I appreciate you. Your day will come soon. I guess on this week! I really really hope so. :p

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to see my MP today and according to Ottawa, they are now doing the background checks. I don't know whether I should be happy or not. How long does this background check take? And now that I read that Mehrdad got his PR after 10 months, I think I'll have to wait till Christmas or later:( this sucks! The worst part is that people who are not in our situation don't know how hard each day that goes by is.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Hi guys ive been reading this forum and thought I would finally join :)
My time line
sent application Jan7/2014
Sponsorship Approval: Feb 19/2014

No news since .... good luck to everyone

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
hi keeponwaiting22
my application had been taken for 14 month.
every time that i sent email to them, they told me that my application was in security section.
if you are waiting more than 14 month from approval date ( when they email your sponsor that you application send to Ankara ) you can tell to the MP or CIC our Ankara visa office. But in this stage i think you can request GCMS Note and after 1 month received full systematic application and find what happens to your application.
if you have any question do not hesitate to contact me and other members.

keeponwaiting22 said:
I went to see my MP today and according to Ottawa, they are now doing the background checks. I don't know whether I should be happy or not. How long does this background check take? And now that I read that Mehrdad got his PR after 10 months, I think I'll have to wait till Christmas or later:( this sucks! The worst part is that people who are not in our situation don't know how hard each day that goes by is.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Hi all
Hi Mehrdad,

Congratulations :). Hope you'll have a wonderful life in Canada.

We're still waiting for our case to get finalized; it's been such a long wait... I have a few questions if you don't mind. Would you let me know when you did your medicals? Were you asked by the Ankara office to extend your medicals at all? During the processing of your file, were you requested by the Ankara office for any further or missing info?

My timeline has been shown in lboxixodl's spreadsheet: Medicals done on May 26, 2013; app received on Aug 12, 2013; sponsorship approval on Sep 4, 2013; processing started on Feb 19, 2014. Besides, we were asked by the Ankara office for submission of some missing info in our Schedule A on March 10, 2014.

Thanks.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
What is a GCMS?
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System, which superseded CAIPS (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System). These basically provide an online access to all notes existing in your immigration file. When visa officers do some activity on your file, the notes get updated. You can access your GCMS notes by requesting them online; just search for "atip", you'll see. It shouldn't take more than 20 days for them to email the notes to you. The notes have to be requested by a Canadian resident/PR/citizen. It costs you $5.

Hope this helps.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mehrdad said:
Hi all
:D :D Wooooooo! Congratulations Mehrdad!!! :D :D I wish you all the best in your new life together with your wife in Canada.

I still check this forum from time to time in hopes to hear some good news such as this from people like you, farnaz, Abe, etc. who have been waiting such a longer time than the rest of us. Here's hoping this good news keeps on continuing!! :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
m777r said:
Hi Mehrdad,

Congratulations :). Hope you'll have a wonderful life in Canada.

We're still waiting for our case to get finalized; it's been such a long wait... I have a few questions if you don't mind. Would you let me know when you did your medicals? Were you asked by the Ankara office to extend your medicals at all? During the processing of your file, were you requested by the Ankara office for any further or missing info?

My timeline has been shown in lboxixodl's spreadsheet: Medicals done on May 26, 2013; app received on Aug 12, 2013; sponsorship approval on Sep 4, 2013; processing started on Feb 19, 2014. Besides, we were asked by the Ankara office for submission of some missing info in our Schedule A on March 10, 2014.

Thanks.
Just jumping in here, medicals are valid for one year (so in your case until 26 May 2014). However, as long as there were no problems with your medical results (nothing they would want to check up on) and your file is already in process Ankara generally extends the validity of your medicals for 6 months or 1 year. In some cases though you will be asked to re-do them. They will notify you if this is the case.

For us, Ankara put my husband's medicals to be valid one year from the date his file was physically received in the Ankara visa office (not the date he actually did them). This was also true for other members of the forum as well (Turkey2013) if memory serves correct. It may have been because of the strike during the summer of 2013 that they did this.

At any rate, I would suggest you order the GCMS notes as you can see when the medicals will expire:

website to order: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/
form that needs to be filled out and scanned: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf
website video for help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo