+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
hello ....my husband Turkısh and ı saw at the Guıde we must take a mılıtary servıce card...............what ıs thıs exactly?he dıd hıs mılıtary servıce ı thınk he doesnt have that card.....maybe he can take a paper from the army sayıng he completed hıs mılıtary servıce? :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
The Blue Guy said:
How specific does the list of belongings have to be? What can you exclude?
Blue Guy, my husband only included big or expensive items - electronics (laptop, mobile, camera, external hard drives), jewelry and antique termeh (Persian cloth). He didn't bring any household items with him (no carpet, for example). He did not include basic items such as clothes, shoes, and translated docs (university degrees, licenses, etc.) On the regular landing card we declared that we were bringing in some food items (nuts, sweets, saffron) as we would be giving some of this away as gifts and wasn't just for personal use. I can say that at Toronto Pearson Airport they didn't even look at our list and only asked what we had included, but didn't bother to check it in detail.

If you will bring anything at a later date to Canada, you should make a list for this as well. I think this is more important than what you are bringing now as Border Services will keep this list on file (make two copies, one for yourself and one to give to the border officers). Again, I would just include big items (carpets, paintings, furniture, car, electronics, etc.) At the airport they did ask if we had anything that would be arriving in Canada at a later date and we said no.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
I finally got our GCMS notes today that I ordered back in March (end of it).

It states that criminality or background checks were not started back in 2013, i passed medicals with flying colors.

But now they have called me up for interview..I am wondering, if they already have finished up with criminality and just require interview to finish the whole process.

mamali1980

Jan 9, 2014
Abe1004 said:

It states that criminality or background checks were not started back in 2013, i passed medicals with flying colors.

But now they have called me up for interview..I am wondering, if they already have finished up with criminality and just require interview to finish the whole process.
Hi Abe 1004
first of all congratulation.
you must be positive i am sure will pass the interview smoothly and they issue your visa in that day.
you me and Persian boy seems stay in a same boat.
i have received a letter from Ankara in middle of march regarding the PR fee but i was already paid in February and soome missing document i prepared them during the week and send it back i am waiting.
do you know the PR fee is the last stage and i have to wait for visa request.
please let me know when are you going to interview in may and please update your experience and i hope the background check is finished.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Abe1004 said:

Hi Abe,
When were your GCMS notes generated? I believe the date is located at the top (or bottom) of each page. Was this date before or after they sent you a request for an interview? Anything written on the last page of "notes"? Ankara usually follows a pattern where they open the file and check that all documents have first been included and nothing is missing or out of date. After that they check eligibility. If they don't have any questions and no "red flags" come up, interview is waived and they immediately proceed to matching the medical results that are in the Paris medical office computer system, if this hasn't already been done, and clearing the criminal check (reviewing the police documents you sent with your file).

Generally speaking, no one will ever see any updated information for the background/security checks as this is done by other departments outside of CIC (the request for information/freedom of information act with the GCMS notes is made through CIC, so since other government departments handle the security check process that information will not be shown - it will always appear either "not started" or just blank.)

So your medicals have already been matched, which is good. It means at least they've done some other work in your file besides request the interview! Turkey2013's husband didn't have to wait too long to get his PPR after the interview so I wish you all the same luck!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
SooMazi said:
Hi Abe,
When were your GCMS notes generated? I believe the date is located at the top (or bottom) of each page. Was this date before or after they sent you a request for an interview? Anything written on the last page of "notes"? Ankara usually follows a pattern where they open the file and check that all documents have first been included and nothing is missing or out of date. After that they check eligibility. If they don't have any questions and no "red flags" come up, interview is waived and they immediately proceed to matching the medical results that are in the Paris medical office computer system, if this hasn't already been done, and clearing the criminal check (reviewing the police documents you sent with your file).

Generally speaking, no one will ever see any updated information for the background/security checks as this is done by other departments outside of CIC (the request for information/freedom of information act with the GCMS notes is made through CIC, so since other government departments handle the security check process that information will not be shown - it will always appear either "not started" or just blank.)

So your medicals have already been matched, which is good. It means at least they've done some other work in your file besides request the interview! Turkey2013's husband didn't have to wait too long to get his PPR after the interview so I wish you all the same luck!
Hi SooMazi, my request for GCMS was before i received interview request (my interview request is on 14th of april, i requested GCMS notes on 24th of March)

Also most of dates that state that eligiblity/criminal not started date back to august/september/october 2013. So I have a feeling its probable that is all wrapped up and they are expected interview.

There is also a date as of 02/21/2014 elibility status: interview recommended.

I am assuming my eligibility as PA will be determined on the interview.

Its in end of the way may. Hopefully everything else is finished.

Regards

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
negmeg said:
When is your interview Abe1004? If you don't mind
May 28th, I found a decent hotel for about 60$ a night with breakfast on same street (20 mins walk distance) from embassy.

I am really excited/

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So are we all..
You will be fine...I will pray for you exclusively ;)

Abe1004 said:
May 28th, I found a decent hotel for about 60$ a night with breakfast on same street (20 mins walk distance) from embassy.

I am really excited/

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Hello...i am just wondering how much time needs for Ankara till giving th PR...reallay ı hear many different opinions and i am mixed...i would lıke to hear ur personal experıence...really ı cant thınk all thıs procedure wıll last 14 months as ıt ıs wrıtten ın the Cıc :( As an average what do u thınk ıs the tıme needed ın most of the applıcatıons?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salarr said:
hi dear negmeg, me too think she/he has been PPR, so to have a positive mood and mind, its better to be hopeful about new stream of PPRs from now on the last days of Apr (14 days remain) annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i hope you (besides elders in chart of course!) would be among receive GOLDEN email. ;) :)
Hi Salar. I was checking out the spreadsheet and I noticed that you have received your PPR on Feb, 25th. I don't get it, you were just waiting to receive it until recently..??

salarr

Feb 24, 2014
Mehrdad said:
Hi Salar. I was checking out the spreadsheet and I noticed that you have received your PPR on Feb, 25th. I don't get it, you were just waiting to receive it until recently..??
yes, apparently i have been PPR without any notification to me or lawyer ( may be she has received but didn't say anything to us) and today after enquiry that MP did, said you have been PPR on 25 feb!!! now we emailed to Ankara and explained the problem. i m in a very bad mood ??? ???

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salarr said:
yes, apparently i have been PPR without any notification to me or lawyer ( may be she has received but didn't say anything to us) and today after enquiry that MP did, said you have been PPR on 25 feb!!! now we emailed to Ankara and explained the problem. i m in a very bad mood ??? ???
Wow! What a mess! How did your wife inquire about your status? I am really sorry for your situation, maybe I am in the same..!!!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is so surprising..I did hear that same thing about lawyers though, Was she in Canada,

And how come your status didnt change after two months!

I think that`s why we should apply GCMS notes after 6 month. I will do that myself...
Mehrdad, did you order them

Mehrdad said:
Wow! What a mess! How did your wife inquire that? I am really sorry for you. Maybe I am in the same situation..!!!