+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
I received an email from Ankara today requiring me to come to interview in May.

I am guessing they have several questions for me. Considering I am not residing in Turkey and they mentioned to bring my passport with me the positive outcome of my case is depended on that interview and they are likely to stamp a visa in if I do well, do I understand it right?

Now I have to book a ticket :/
All the best to you Abe. I'm sure you've seen all the types of questions they will likely ask that others have provided on the forum so you'll be confident and very successful in the interview. :) It may not be the email you were hoping to receive from the embassy, but at least it is an email and a step forward, rather than just waiting and waiting. We're all rooting for you! Good Luck!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Just checked the spreadsheet for the first time in a long time to see how you were all getting along and it's very interesting! Lots of PPRs mixed in with In-Process and Sponsorship Approved! A real mix of green, beige and blue, so interesting - not like at the beginning of this year. I hope you all get PPR very, very soon and can join your loved ones before summer. Think of it on the bright side, the hard Canadian winter won't be your spouse's first impression of Canada! Good luck everyone! Hang in there!

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Anybody knows which courier the Canada Visa application center use from Ankara?

When I check tracking for my application, I see that they sent me the passport back via courier but they don't say which courier?

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
The Blue Guy said:
Does my wife have to show our marriage book(certificate) to enter canada?
Blue Guıde are u Canadıan and ur wıfe Turkısh?

right123

Mar 5, 2014
The Blue Guy said:
Your wife need to show her visa when she is entering Canada, but you will need the red book if you are filling sponsorship application. you don't need to send it, but to send photocopy of it.

The Blue Guy

Jan 5, 2014
right123 said:
Your wife need to show her visa when she is entering Canada, but you will need the red book if you are filling sponsorship application. you don't need to send it, but to send photocopy of it.
My wife and already got approved and is coming april 28 (landing) Been a long and super expensive process!!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Congrats The Blue Guy!! How long did the process take for you guys??

The Blue Guy said:
My wife and already got approved and is coming april 28 (landing) Been a long and super expensive process!!

The Blue Guy

Jan 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
After submission 5-6 months If i remember correctly, but mine was during the strike time.. So I believe this is why it took longer. P.s. Make sure you pay everything in advanced! So it never gets delayed!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
The good thing is that it's over now for you! Congrats again! Seeing other people waiting for more than a year, I think you were pretty lucky. I am very close to sending my application (next week hopefully), so will be joining the PPR wait club soon :)

I paid all the fees already. The wait period for sure will be very stressful...

The Blue Guy said:
After submission 5-6 months If i remember correctly, but mine was during the strike time.. So I believe this is why it took longer. P.s. Make sure you pay everything in advanced! So it never gets delayed!

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
I know you are asking him, but I can tell you about my application. My wife received the Visa this Friday. The whole process took about 4 months and 2 weeks from the date of submitting the application to the date my wife received the passport by courier. :)

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Congratulations!!!! This is amazing!
4 months 2 weeks would be a dream come true for me :) I hope our application will be processed at the same speed.

right123 said:
I know you are asking him, but I can tell you about my application. My wife received the Visa this Friday. The whole process took about 4 months and 2 weeks from the date of submitting the application to the date my wife received the passport by courier. :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
The Blue Guy said:
No, your wife won't need to show the red marriage/family book to enter Canada. However, I suggest it is a good idea to bring this document (and all other important documents: birth certificate, any education/degrees/diplomas, driving license, driving record - all translated) with her in her carry-on luggage.