+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
hello from Istanbul...ı need ur help please..ı am canadıa cıtızen and my husband turkısh....we lıve ın ıstanbul...and we decıded to go to canada so ı must sponsore hım...but ı have a few questıons because some thıngs from the guıdes are not clear...they mıx me more.....so about the guıde 3911 ıt refers to ıslamabad.....what ıs thıs?do we have to fıll thıs?ı cant understand ıt....wats the relatıonshıp betwwen turkey and pakıstan?ı thought maybe we had to fıll thıs part because they wıll make the procedures for hıs vıza there but later ı learnt hıs vıza wıll be from Ankara...........addıtıonally ı have some more questıons:eek:k we send our papers...later what happens?how much tıme do we have to waıt to see ıf they accepted us?and after thıs what about the vıza?somewhere ı saw we must waıt maybe 14 months.......ıs thıs real?

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi nanakap30,

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure why you read anything about Islamabad, Guide 3911 is mean for all mid eastern countries applications. So you just stick to the forms and documents for sponsorship outland:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

As for the wait time, yes 14 months is what is posted online for Ankara embassy, however most of Turkish applicant get their visa within 6 months as they have priority over applicant of other countries submitting to Ankara. Our friend on the forum have a google spread sheet that you can refer to for some statistical data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As9AzYZMOIQPdHJqUWRkYUJWaElSalJINUJ1TlBUZkE#gid=2
you will see the breakdown of stages once you submit the application package and the timeline for each case.

Let us know if you have any more question.

All the best

ninakap30 said:
hello from Istanbul...ı need ur help please..ı am canadıa cıtızen and my husband turkısh....we lıve ın ıstanbul...and we decıded to go to canada so ı must sponsore hım...but ı have a few questıons because some thıngs from the guıdes are not clear...they mıx me more.....so about the guıde 3911 ıt refers to ıslamabad.....what ıs thıs?do we have to fıll thıs?ı cant understand ıt....wats the relatıonshıp betwwen turkey and pakıstan?ı thought maybe we had to fıll thıs part because they wıll make the procedures for hıs vıza there but later ı learnt hıs vıza wıll be from Ankara...........addıtıonally ı have some more questıons:eek:k we send our papers...later what happens?how much tıme do we have to waıt to see ıf they accepted us?and after thıs what about the vıza?somewhere ı saw we must waıt maybe 14 months.......ıs thıs real?

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
thanks a lot for ur answer.....but ı stıll cant understand whıch form we have to fıll ın :((allah allah!!!!for example ınsıde the guıde ı can see some russıans translatıons...for example ıt says addıtıonal detaıls for resıdents of afganıstan...there ı can understand my husband wıll not fıll ın somethıng ıt ıs specıfıc ıts about Afghans but for example ın the next page ıt says:DECLARATION etc....who wıll make the declaratıon?and after thıs ıs says russıan translatıon...later agaın ıt says :DECLARaTION and agaın russıan..the only clear ın thıs guıde ıs where ıs says SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FORM COMPLETEC BY ALL +....
some pages later ıt says:RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE canadıan hıgh commısıon Islamabad Pakıstan......what ıs thıs?ı thınk we must not fıll thıs do ı thınk ıt rıght?
oofofoof really ı am so mıxed ı thınk ı wıll bomb :( :(

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
could ı come ın contact wıth some Turks that have already done theır applıcatıons? because apart from thıs ı have and some questıons for some documents....they must be translated ın englısh but ı dont know where....are there any lawyers ın ıstanbul dealıng wıth translatıons about ımmıgratıon?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
ninakap30 said:
thanks a lot for ur answer.....but ı stıll cant understand whıch form we have to fıll ın :((allah allah!!!!for example ınsıde the guıde ı can see some russıans translatıons...for example ıt says addıtıonal detaıls for resıdents of afganıstan...there ı can understand my husband wıll not fıll ın somethıng ıt ıs specıfıc ıts about Afghans but for example ın the next page ıt says:DECLARATION etc....who wıll make the declaratıon?and after thıs ıs says russıan translatıon...later agaın ıt says :DECLARaTION and agaın russıan..the only clear ın thıs guıde ıs where ıs says SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FORM COMPLETEC BY ALL +....
some pages later ıt says:RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE canadıan hıgh commısıon Islamabad Pakıstan......what ıs thıs?ı thınk we must not fıll thıs do ı thınk ıt rıght?
oofofoof really ı am so mıxed ı thınk ı wıll bomb :( :(
Ninakap30, is this the link to the form you are filling out? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

If so, you should look at pages A1-A5 as well as Appendix B. These are the most important.

The next declaration pages you do not need to fill out. Any page that has Islamabad, Beirut, Russia, Afghanistan, Jordan, Iran, etc. or any other foreign writing you did not understand (and is not in Turkish) you do not need to fill out.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
yes thats ıt exactly thanks agaın a lot...by the way do u have ın mınd any laywers In turkey(ıstanbul)where ı could translate my (supportıng) documents? :)

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
ninakap30 said:
yes thats ıt exactly thanks agaın a lot...by the way do u have ın mınd any laywers In turkey(ıstanbul)where ı could translate my (supportıng) documents? :)
You can have the documents translated by a sworn translator (yeminli tercuman). Just google it you'll find plenty.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
if ı go at a sworn translator ı thınk we wıll need also a stamp from notary?ı really dont know...apart from thıs ı would lıke to fınd a laywer because we want to make a declaratıon that some people really know us here and that our marrıage ıs not fake!!!!for thıs ı prefer a laywer but ı dont know how ı can fınd ıt at google....my husband cant understand what ı tell hım for laywer :) ı cant fınd the term to descrıde ıt...actually and ın englısh ı dont know the term(ı lıved ın greece and my englısh not lıke thıs super)ıf someone knows the term ı can use to fınd a laywer who can make these procedures (translatıng and declaratıon)thıs would be very helpful to me ;)

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
hi my friends,i want ur help
i am a syrian guy and i live in istanbul,i want to get a police certificate from istanbul to send to bucharest vo coz i live here,which r documents required for that?which is the price?where should i go?knowing that i enter turkey without visa coz i am from syria,just stamps.
thanx for replying :)

Awdaf

Mar 30, 2014
Mrs.Asag said:
To those asking about Military Service.

My husband did not do military service because he was a student and then moved to Canada (i.e. had it postponed) and this did not affect our PR application or the decision from the embassy!
Thank you so much Mrs.Asag this was exactly what I needed to know. Thank you a lot.

The Blue Guy

Jan 5, 2014
My wife will be landing here(Toronto) at the end of the month, what does she have to write on the list for possesions? (Shes only bringing her clothes)
What kind of questions will they ask her coming into canada.

Thanx

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
The Blue Guy said:
My wife will be landing here(Toronto) at the end of the month, what does she have to write on the list for possesions? (Shes only bringing her clothes)
What kind of questions will they ask her coming into canada.

Thanx
Hi The Blue Guy,

According to Canada Border Services Agency web site (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html#s4) ,

if you are:

* entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a residence for a period of not less than 12 months; or
* coming to Canada for temporary employment for a period of more than 36 months.
In either case, you can import your personal and household effects free of duty and taxes if you owned, possessed and used them before you arrived in Canada.

Your wife should declare what she brings with her.

However, my wife is binging household effects such as dishes, pots, Persian rugs, etc. I was wondering if anyone's wife has brought these type of household effects (unused) with her? If so, did she have to pay tax and duty because they were not used?

I'd appreciate any information regarding bringing unused household effects to Canada.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
I received an email from Ankara today requiring me to come to interview in May.

I am guessing they have several questions for me. Considering I am not residing in Turkey and they mentioned to bring my passport with me the positive outcome of my case is depended on that interview and they are likely to stamp a visa in if I do well, do I understand it right?

Now I have to book a ticket :/

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOW...I think this is a great news...probably they just need to ensure your marriage is genuine.
I hope for the best and I am pretty sure once you go there, you will get your Visa stamped right away...

Abe1004 said:

I am guessing they have several questions for me. Considering I am not residing in Turkey and they mentioned to bring my passport with me the positive outcome of my case is depended on that interview and they are likely to stamp a visa in if I do well, do I understand it right?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:

Whatever the interview is about, I am sure you will do fine.