+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAATSSSS right123

What I remember from last post on the forum, they will hand you back the passport with visa following day. Now as we have not reached that stage yet, others who have can help better.

right123 said:
if she goes in person, would they give her the visa in hand or they would ship it back to her after few days ?

right123

Mar 5, 2014
negmeg said:
CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAATSSSS right123

What I remember from last post on the forum, they will hand you back the passport with visa following day. Now as we have not reached that stage yet, others who have can help better.

Thanks Megmeg, what do you mean by saying " now as we have not reached that stage yet" ? sorry I didn't understand what you meant.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she hands in her passport, she will most likely get it back the following day. Or, she can have it mailed back.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I have a question maybe Turkish friends can answer the best. I am a dual Canadian\Turkish citizen sponsoring my husband. When we got married in Turkey, I informed the Turkish authorities that I will use my maiden name together with my husband's last name. My Turkish identity card (nufus cuzdani) and our marriage certificate (evlilik cuzdani) show that I have two last names (maiden + husband's).

When I filled my forms I stated my full name as it is on my Canadian passport (my name + maiden name). I have not changed my name in my Canadian passport, I don't think this is mandatory. And when they asked me if I ever used another name, I said "yes" and mentioned my husband's last name. Is this action correct?

Thank you!

Awdaf

Mar 30, 2014
Question to my turkish friends.

My husband did not do his military service yet. But they ask me for a military service card for the countries where military service is mandatory. Will it be a problem for my sponsorship ????

Thank you.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Awdaf said:
Question to my turkish friends.

My husband did not do his military service yet. But they ask me for a military service card for the countries where military service is mandatory. Will it be a problem for my sponsorship ????

Thank you.

If he didn't complete the military your answer will be "NONE" to the Background declaration form question 11.

Military service is also asked in the "Supplementary Information" form. If your answer is "no" there, you need to explain why he didn't complete his military service. Is he exempt from military service? Or is it postponed? Whatever the case is you should explain it and provide the "muafiyet belgesi" or "tecil belgesi", whatever applies to him.

Hope this helps

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Everyone!

I have a question maybe Turkish friends can answer the best. I am a dual Canadian\Turkish citizen sponsoring my husband. When we got married in Turkey, I informed the Turkish authorities that I will use my maiden name together with my husband's last name. My Turkish identity card (nufus cuzdani) and our marriage certificate (evlilik cuzdani) show that I have two last names (maiden + husband's).

When I filled my forms I stated my full name as it is on my Canadian passport (my name + maiden name). I have not changed my name in my Canadian passport, I don't think this is mandatory. And when they asked me if I ever used another name, I said "yes" and mentioned my husband's last name. Is this action correct?

Thank you!
I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will explain what I understood and what is my answer.

you have your maiden name on Canadian passport, then recently you got married in Turkey so your name on marriage certificate and Turkish national card became your ( maiden + his last name ). Now, you are filling the sponsor forms and they are asking 2 questions

1- what is your name ? you answered as the name of your Canadian passport
2- did you ever have any other name ? you answer is " maiden + husband's"

if that's what you are saying, then My guess your answer is wrong because the question # 2 is referring to any names in the past prior to your maiden name, example if you were married before ...

If that's not what you are saying, then it would be good idea to list the form you are filling to make it easier to understand.

I hope that helps ..

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
right123 said:
I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will explain what I understood and what is my answer.

you have your maiden name on Canadian passport, then recently you got married in Turkey so your name on marriage certificate and Turkish national card became your ( maiden + his last name ). Now, you are filling the sponsor forms and they are asking 2 questions

1- what is your name ? you answered as the name of your Canadian passport
2- did you ever have any other name ? you answer is " maiden + husband's"

if that's what you are saying, then My guess your answer is wrong because the question # 2 is referring to any names in the past prior to your maiden name, example if you were married before ...

If that's not what you are saying, then it would be good idea to list the form you are filling to make it easier to understand.

I hope that helps ..
Hi Right123,

Exactly, I was referring to the sponsorship undertaking form. I am glad now that I asked this question here otherwise I would have filled it wrong. I just thought that since the marriage certificate shows my name as maiden+husband's last name, I somehow had to mention it.

Thank you for your reply!

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Right123,

Exactly, I was referring to the sponsorship undertaking form. I am glad now that I asked this question here otherwise I would have filled it wrong. I just thought that since the marriage certificate shows my name as maiden+husband's last name, I somehow had to mention it.

I am not expert but that's what I remember from my application. you can contact CIC call center to double check or visit one of the new immigrants assistance offices in Canada

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Right123,

you are asking about the one highlighted, right?

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Yes, that's the one!
ok, This would be referring to any name you had prior to the name you have on the Canadian passport. your marriage name is going to be future one if you decide to change it here in Canada.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
right123 said:
ok, This would be referring to any name you had prior to the name you have on the Canadian passport. your marriage name is going to be future one if you decide to change it here in Canada.
Ok, it is clearer now. Thanks so much for your help!!