+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not ordered my GCMS notes for sponsorship but I did for citizenship and they were free if you request then as digital copy.
Maybe you can do the same

Mehrdad said:
No I did not order because I do not have a Visa account. NO issues have been reflected either negmeg. Maybe Turkish citizens are in priority, which I think is quite natural due to their successful diplomacy and friendly relations with other countries. But considering Mrs. Asag and Turkey2013, they were Turkish citizens but have waited more than Iranians, so the nationality is probably not an issue.
Thank you negmeg.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
No I did not order because I do not have a Visa account. NO issues have been reflected either negmeg. Maybe Turkish citizens are in priority, which I think is quite natural due to their successful diplomacy and friendly relations with other countries. But considering Mrs. Asag and Turkey2013, they were Turkish citizens but have waited more than Iranians, so the nationality is probably not an issue.
Thank you negmeg.
I think some Iranian visas were put through before ours because Turkey2013's husband had an interview and my husband actually lives with me in Canada so he had to have a Canadian and Turkish background check. Generally speaking, Turkish nationals are supposed to have priority. Our cases are not good examples because of the interview and the extra background check...

right123

Mar 5, 2014
Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum so excuse me if I miss anything, here is my story :

I am Canadian and I submitted sponsorship for my wife who is Turkish citizen on Dec 11, 2013.

I received an email on Dec 14, 2013 indicating that they received my application and they gave me file number.

I received an email on Dec 23, 2013 indicating that that decision has been made about my sponsorship and then I received that mail indicating that my sponsorship has been approved, and they forwarded my wife file to Ankara for processing.

We are now in March and I keep checking her application and I still see her application has been received.

I am wondering how long it is taking on average ?? The processing page on official site says 15 months which is scary !!! is it really taking 15 months to process ?

what's best the way to find out more details? should I contact Ankara? or is it too early to contact them ?

Can I bring my wife for visit or will that cause delay for her application ? and would they give visitor visa for sponsored spouse ?

Thanks ahead for your responses

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi farnaz. Long time no see. I am so happy you have not left the forum. I thought that you've got the visa and you will never get back here.
Yes, I am the sponsored person. I was exempted from military service due to a disorder of eye called "Keratoconus" and I did not do military service even one day. I also have never been abroad in all my life.

I think I have to ask my wife do that for me negmeg. I will check whether there is a digital one available for free.

Mrs. Asag, Iranians are lucky to have Turkey as their neighboring country. After the closure of the embassies of Damascus and Tehran, god knows where the hell we had to head for if there was no Ankara.
Based on your situations and the holy spreadsheet I can't say for sure that there is priority for Turkish citizens, though there should be.

Thank you all for your respond.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
right123 said:
Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum so excuse me if I miss anything, here is my story :

I am Canadian and I submitted sponsorship for my wife who is Turkish citizen on Dec 11, 2013.

I received an email on Dec 14, 2013 indicating that they received my application and they gave me file number.

I received an email on Dec 23, 2013 indicating that that decision has been made about my sponsorship and then I received that mail indicating that my sponsorship has been approved, and they forwarded my wife file to Ankara for processing.

We are now in March and I keep checking her application and I still see her application has been received.

I am wondering how long it is taking on average ?? The processing page on official site says 15 months which is scary !!! is it really taking 15 months to process ?

what's best the way to find out more details? should I contact Ankara? or is it too early to contact them ?

Can I bring my wife for visit or will that cause delay for her application ? and would they give visitor visa for sponsored spouse ?

Hi right123, welcome to the forum!

Yes it can take up to 15 months (pls refer yourself to spreadsheet one of the user's runs on this topic to determine the average), but no, its likely not to take that long.

Yes you can bring your wife for a visit, however its unlikely she will be able to get a temporary tourist visa unless she shows some REALLY STRONG ties with her home (otherwise they are about 95% likely to not let her in since, she is in process for immigration).

Also, I wouldn't be worried. You have plenty of time to wait still (unfortunately) and though I can't tell anything about your particular case, but its pretty standard to wait for 6-8 months prior to application going into "in process" from moment of transfer to Ankara. Though there were quite a few people that contacted Ankara in the past, I advice against it since it can cause unncessary hostility. They are doing their job and yes its too early to contact em. Generally you dont contact them unless you have an adress change, want to withdraw your application or your medicals are about to expire (well,your wife's medicals).

I suggest ordering GCMS notes.

Hope that helps!

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
welcome to this forum
your time line is normal and I think your status change to in process in last of march or middle of April
in normal you application receive PPR after 8-10 month . but I think this average descend in future.

but you have to be patient . you are in first of the way.

right123 said:
Hello everybody,

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
right123 said:
Hello everybody,

Hi right. Welcome to this thread.
One of the members of this forum, whose name is lboxixodl, constantly gathers information about people's application timelines (people like you and me), and arranges them in a spreadsheet. I am sure that by checking out this spreadsheet you will find answer to some of your questions:
Ankara Visa Office Timeline spreadsheet http://goo.gl/WBjGFi
Add or Edit your Data In spreadsheet http://goo.gl/byjUfI
Dynamic Charts http://goo.gl/juVzLQ
I hope that you will find it helpful.
Seemingly, Ankara visa office states that the applicants can contact and enquire about their application after 15 months, but there are some people here that have tried sending emails to them and Ankara has replied to them before that 15 months waiting. However, Ankara visa office did not answer my emails.
You can visit this youtube video on how to order GCMS notes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo&feature=youtu.be
I have no information about the visitor visa and whether if it has a negative or positive impact on your immigration application.

right123

Mar 5, 2014
lboxixodl, Abe1004, and Mehrdad

Thank you so much for your info.

I added my info to that spreadsheet and I will update it as soon as I get any updates.

I really appreciate your efforts guys :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
The Blue Guy said:
Just got the PPR!!!!!!!
Best Day Ever!!!!!!

Thanx everyone
Congrats! That was quick! :)

Mehrdad said:
Hi farnaz. Long time no see. I am so happy you have not left the forum. I thought that you've got the visa and you will never get back here.
Yes, I am the sponsored person. I was exempted from military service due to a disorder of eye called "Keratoconus" and I did not do military service even one day. I also have never been abroad in all my life.
Hang in there Mehrdad. It's likely background/security checks that they are waiting on. I know recently Ankara is sending out PPRs really quickly, but generally speaking female applicants go through faster. That's not always the case, but usually it is male applicants they run more checks on ::) Don't worry, your special day is coming!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inner conversation..

The dear Turkish/Canadian officer who is processing my file, I would really appreciate if you can kindly update the ECAS status on my account. I know you are busy and this may take you long. Your effort are always appreacited..

Thank you!

Negmeg

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
The Blue Guy said:
Just got the PPR!!!!!!!
Best Day Ever!!!!!!

Thanx everyone
Congrats are in order!!!! NICE

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004, hope you get your ppr soon, thinking of you!!!

Mehrdad, your turn is coming too....hopefully you guys will get it all at the same time, the Ankara WAY!

persianboy

Mar 5, 2014
Hey guys!

First off I would like to thank everyone who keeps updating the spreadsheet i found this spreadsheet to be very useful, and comforting. I have also sent in my data and hopefully it will show up soon.

Anyhow, My wife a letter from Ankara last week which stated that In order to complete the processing of your application, you must submit proof of residency in Canada for your sponsor within 40 days of the date of this letter. I have sent the files needed and they were received by Ankara this Monday. I was wondering how far down the road I am basically. Also I have heard that once they send such a letter even though they may receive the files sooner, they will not look at your application anymore until after the 40 days has passed!! is this true?? Im hoping to hear some good news very soon, I have been seperated from my wife for far too long (longer than the date I sent the application in :( )

Finally, I was wondering if my wife holds a letter of admission from one of the universities in canada (with a scholarship) should we apply for a student visa? is there anyway of letting the guys at the sponsorship section know about this and maybe somehow expediete the process? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soomazi and Turkey2013, I appreciate your care.
Yes maybe that is the background or security check. I really hope that there are no flaws in my application, I can wait for any checks.