+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Mehrdad said:
HOOOORAY for lboxixodl, whom we owe her a lot for the holy spreadsheet!

Congratulations to you lboxixodl, you really deserved it more than anyone because of your amazing patience.

Thank you Mrs. Asag, lboxixodl, and Ibh007 for your prompt reply.
Does the embassy send the PPR to the applicant's email address (mine), or to the sponsor's?
Hi Mehrdad,

I can't really answer your question, since I used the same email address for my wife and myself. I hope you get PPR very soon.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Hi Mehrdad,

I can't really answer your question, since I used the same email address for my wife and myself. I hope you get PPR very soon.
Thank you lbh007. I am waiting to get the ppr impatiently because of the ppr storm of last week. I really hope to receive it by Friday.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hi Folks again,

Another questions, when my wife gives her passport to Ankara what documents they will return back to her? Is it just the passport with the Immigrant visa in it? or do they give her some documents that she should give to the Canadian Border officer when she arrives to canada?

Thanks
Don't quote me on this but I think she will also receive "landing documents" as well as her passport back with the visa inside. The landing documents she needs to give to the immigration officer at the point of entry (airport, example) to indicate that she is landing in Canada as a permanent resident. I don't know 100% about this though.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
distcom said:
Let us talk a bit about what we can take with us to Canada. Please share your information about that which would be useful for all of us.
1- Would be the money taken during the landing taxable? Is there any limit for it?
2- Assuming that we are going to Ankara first and then flight to Canada, would it make any issues if you large amount of cash with you departing from Turkey to Canada?
3- For our Persian friends, is it fine to take "Silver Ayene o Shamdan" (How do you call this in English? :) ) to the plane with you?
4- How about wedding jewelries? There might be any issues either in Turkey or Canada?

Thanks for sharing your information.
Good questions and I am also eager to know the answers. I would be careful about how much jewellery you take. As the websites you shared indicates you don't need to pay tax when you arrive in Canada, BUT there could be an issue since you will be stopping in Turkey for a few days. I think though (at least this is how it works in Canada) as long as you are not leaving those items in Turkey (you are taking them out of Turkey with you when you leave) you don't need to pay tax or declare it. Money is a different story. If you want to bring large amounts I suggest looking at Persepolis Exchange. I believe that is the company name that people I know used before to transfer large amounts between Canada and Iran. They might also be called Rosco Trading now. But be careful about these companies...some are bad, but some are very good and safe. I think you can bring ayene va shamdan with you on the plane in a carry-on, but be careful about the weight. If it is too heavy you will have to pay extra money.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
Don't quote me on this but I think she will also receive "landing documents" as well as her passport back with the visa inside. The landing documents she needs to give to the immigration officer at the point of entry (airport, example) to indicate that she is landing in Canada as a permanent resident. I don't know 100% about this though.
My husband received his passport with the single entry visa and landing documents! You are correct :)

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Thanks SooMazi for the reply.
I agree with you about the money. It sounds safer avoid taking all the money first to Turkey then to Canada.
For the mirror, I am also pretty much sure it shouldn't be an issue. But, found some recommendations from other websites which mention that could an issue. It is would be the peace of mind avoid taking abroad.

For the forms, it seems forms B4 and E677 should be filled. Two copies of detailed "What you are bringing" and "What will come later" should be provided as well.
pictures of precious stuff should be provided to the officer.

Do they allow the spouse to walk along with the new immigrant to the immigration section for document and baggage processing?

SooMazi said:
Good questions and I am also eager to know the answers. I would be careful about how much jewellery you take. As the websites you shared indicates you don't need to pay tax when you arrive in Canada, BUT there could be an issue since you will be stopping in Turkey for a few days. I think though (at least this is how it works in Canada) as long as you are not leaving those items in Turkey (you are taking them out of Turkey with you when you leave) you don't need to pay tax or declare it. Money is a different story. If you want to bring large amounts I suggest looking at Persepolis Exchange. I believe that is the company name that people I know used before to transfer large amounts between Canada and Iran. They might also be called Rosco Trading now. But be careful about these companies...some are bad, but some are very good and safe. I think you can bring ayene va shamdan with you on the plane in a carry-on, but be careful about the weight. If it is too heavy you will have to pay extra money.

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
I'm in Process now!!

1.We received your application for permanent residence on September 3, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on February 24, 2014.

3.Medical results have been received.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Ali__2013 said:
I'm in Process now!!

NICEEEEE!!! happy for you!!!congratssssss

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004, IN process should come soon sweet friend!!!!!! ;)

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooooooooooooo!!!! soo excited :p
Congratzzzz Ali_2013
Ali__2013 said:
I'm in Process now!!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Ali__2013 said:
I'm in Process now!!

[/size]
Congrats Ali!

Turkey2013 said:
Abe1004, IN process should come soon sweet friend!!!!!! ;)
Aw, thank you so much for your support Turkey and other people here. You are all really great. I know my case is a bit complicated due to age difference and some other small obstacles,so I believe I will be scrutinized but I am looking forward to it since we are 100% genuine me and my wife. Just wish its going to get reviewed soon :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali__2013 said:
I'm in Process now!!

Hooray! ;)