+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rockey2014..

I am in a same boat except that my Husband's PPR has still long way to go...hoping to be done before our wedding in August.

As far as we asked about this from our Lawyer, there is no difference bwn super visa and regular visitor visa. You just need to satisfy the income level if you are to apply for SuperVisa. the processing time for Ankara is 99 days and your mother in law may need to do biometrics (fingerprints); she needs to make an appointment and visit the VAC for that matter. As for when to apply for her visa, it's better to do it ASaP. we are applying these days, and we don't have a PPR yet. Ankara knows about your file and the fact that PPR has been issued so there is no need to wait I guess.

Here are the useful links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Hope this helps

Rocky2014 said:
hi guys i hope everyone is doing well, and congrats to all that waited so long to get the good news for the PPR. i have a question that may be a bit out of topic but i desperately need to get some guidance here. i applied for my wife's sponsorship and it all got approved. we send her passport to Ankara to be issued a visa yesterday. i have a wedding ceremony scheduled for the 19th of April in Canada. Me and my wife really want her mother to attend the wedding here in Canada. This means we have send out an invitation to her mom in regards to the wedding here. Can you guys please inform me what is the best way of going about with this. Should my mother in law apply for a visitors tourist visa or a super visa. What is the approximate wait time for her to be issued a Canadian visa. Should we apply for all this after my my gets her passport with the visa from Ankara?

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
lboxixodl said:
I want to share with all of you a great newsssss
I got the Golden Email 1 hour ago

after 14.2 month waiting​
WOW, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you ;D You deserve it lboxixodl

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who received their passport request!!
I just received an email for Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): ($490 CAD) I decided to pay this second portion when they ask so I can see when they actually open my documents.. however the ECAS hasn't changed to 'IN PROCESS' yet! I'm assuming they have started working on it, they received my application on September 3rd 2013. so whoever is in this timeline can expect some good news soon! Good luck to all of you , I'm somewhat happier now :D

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
lboxixodl said:
I want to share with all of you a great newsssss
I got the Golden Email 1 hour ago

after 14.2 month waiting​
I'm so happy for you lboxixodl. Congrats for the great news. I'm new to this forum, but I was using your fantastic spreadsheet for quite a while. It's really helpful. Hope all others and myself waiting for their PPR get their golden emails soon.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Ali__2013 said:
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who received their passport request!!
I just received an email for Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): ($490 CAD) I decided to pay this second portion when they ask so I can see when they actually open my documents.. however the ECAS hasn't changed to 'IN PROCESS' yet! I'm assuming they have started working on it, they received my application on September 3rd 2013. so whoever is in this timeline can expect some good news soon! Good luck to all of you , I'm somewhat happier now :D
Ali__2013, hope you become in process and ppr very soon (and possibly at the same time :)). To me it seems like they're doing background check (which is supposed to happen normally after you become "in process", I think) for people in our timeline fairly fast, which is great news. I'm so interested to know what else other than background check can happen after your status turns "in process"; hope not much :) I'm so looking to get my long-waited ppr email.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay guys... am I stupid? I need your help...

Do you have to apply for PR Card after you land or do they automatically send you one??

Seriously, CIC website can be so confusing :-\ ???

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
tanks every one for kind comments.

:) :) :) :)
all of you like my family and I inform all of you about the next.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you land, they will issue it for you the processing time is around 70 days I guess, check CIC.
They need a Canadian address to send it to you.

Mrs.Asag said:
Okay guys... am I stupid? I need your help...

Do you have to apply for PR Card after you land or do they automatically send you one??

Seriously, CIC website can be so confusing :-\ ???

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi Folks,

I have an urgent questions, in the passport request they asked about two photos, I was wondering will it be okay if ears are not completely visible in those photos (covered by hair).

Thanks.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi Folks again,

Another questions, when my wife gives her passport to Ankara what documents they will return back to her? Is it just the passport with the Immigrant visa in it? or do they give her some documents that she should give to the Canadian Border officer when she arrives to canada?

Thanks

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
Once you land, they will issue it for you the processing time is around 70 days I guess, check CIC.
They need a Canadian address to send it to you.
Thank you! That's what it said on Service Canada website as well but one of his friends told him he needs to apply when he gets to Canada... but thank you for confirming I feel better now.

Oh yes we own a house together so we have a Canadian address :)

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hi Folks,

I have an urgent questions, in the passport request they asked about two photos, I was wondering will it be okay if ears are not completely visible in those photos (covered by hair).

Thanks.
Hey SubZero_2, congrats on your PPR. Yes, I think it's OK for ears covered, as long as the full face is visible. The rules and specs for photos are the same throughout CIC and hold true for passport or visa purposes. I can't send link here, but you can easily find the photo spec brochure in the CIC website, where some women have been shown to take valid photos with their ears completely covered.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Woow So much good news in the last week. So many Greens. Congrats all Greens and all new in-processes.
It is a very good news that iboxixodl has also got the ppr after such a long time.

Let us talk a bit about what we can take with us to Canada. Please share your information about that which would be useful for all of us.

1- Would be the money taken during the landing taxable? Is there any limit for it?
2- Assuming that we are going to Ankara first and then flight to Canada, would it make any issues if you large amount of cash with you departing from Turkey to Canada?
3- For our Persian friends, is it fine to take "Silver Ayene o Shamdan" (How do you call this in English? :) ) to the plane with you?
4- How about wedding jewelries? There might be any issues either in Turkey or Canada?

Thanks for sharing your information.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Here is a list of what you can bring to Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-goods.asp

and find more information here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Crossing the border with $10,000 or more?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

distcom said:
Woow So much good news in the last week. So many Greens. Congrats all Greens and all new in-processes.
It is a very good news that iboxixodl has also got the ppr after such a long time.

Let us talk a bit about what we can take with us to Canada. Please share your information about that which would be useful for all of us.

1- Would be the money taken during the landing taxable? Is there any limit for it?
2- Assuming that we are going to Ankara first and then flight to Canada, would it make any issues if you large amount of cash with you departing from Turkey to Canada?
3- For our Persian friends, is it fine to take "Silver Ayene o Shamdan" (How do you call this in English? :) ) to the plane with you?
4- How about wedding jewelries? There might be any issues either in Turkey or Canada?

Thanks for sharing your information.