+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
:eek: $7,000 for lawyer and fees? man that is crazy for something that took me 2 weeks to do with all medical exams. I charge people $300 paypal with money back assurance lol, ANKARA IS PISSING EVERYONE OFF !! NO UPDATES NO PPR NO NEWS, JUST A BIG RAISE THEY GOT AFTER THE STRIKE AND LEFT THINGS SLOWER THAN BEFORE. sorry for the caps it made me feel better. ;D

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
My sincere appreciation to all of you dear friends who have replied to my questions and shared your experiences. Your feedbacks were very informative and helpful for me and other members who may have had the same questions.

As SubZero_2 has mentioned you are all amazing people, who are helping each other through this tough time. I feel so lucky to have found this forum and I'd like to thank the originator of this forum and its active members like Turkey2013, Mrs.Asag and many others who share their knowledge generously with other members like me.

Mehrdad jan I also hope our applications status changes to in process in the coming week as you said. I hope things start moving faster in Ankara and we all get some good news by Valentine's Day :)

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
I have read this article (http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html) from Toronto Star on how immigration officers screen spousal sponsorship applications. I thought it would be of your interest.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
lhb007 said:
My sincere appreciation to all of you dear friends who have replied to my questions and shared your experiences. Your feedbacks were very informative and helpful for me and other members who may have had the same questions.

As SubZero_2 has mentioned you are all amazing people, who are helping each other through this tough time. I feel so lucky to have found this forum and I'd like to thank the originator of this forum and its active members like Turkey2013, Mrs.Asag and many others who share their knowledge generously with other members like me.

Mehrdad jan I also hope our applications status changes to in process in the coming week as you said. I hope things start moving faster in Ankara and we all get some good news by Valentine's Day :)
Sweet lhb007 thank you for your kind words. I would like to stress out the fact that even though we ALL have good intentions and different experiences, it was crucial that by sharing these things with all of you, it remains and please guys keep in mind that EVERY applications has different reality, different officers, .....so whenever we share, we as members have to come up with proof to what we say, now don't get me wrong, some answers that we give are to the best of our knowledge but some other things can be proven because it has been written and answers found on cic site OR appeals (decisions on appeals)....

When I use to ask questions, I never took it just like a sure thing, i researched and read a lot and talk to different people (lawyers, mediators...) and even though now our process ended, I still before giving the answers, research to give you the best answers with links so you can get the knowledge .....I too will be sooo grateful to ALL that have encouraged me! xoxoxoxxo

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
lhb007 said:
I have read this article (http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html) from Toronto Star on how immigration officers screen spousal sponsorship applications. I thought it would be of your interest.
+1 for the article NICE job to have posted it!

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi all,

I am going to send an email to Ankara to inquiry about my wife's application; do you have any suggestion about what should I put in the email? I know they will not probably answer however I want to let them know that they are people waiting for the loved ones and they need them as soon as possible. Any suggestion for the email?

Thanks.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hi all,

I am going to send an email to Ankara to inquiry about my wife's application; do you have any suggestion about what should I put in the email? I know they will not probably answer however I want to let them know that they are people waiting for the loved ones and they need them as soon as possible. Any suggestion for the email?

Thanks.
Lol good luck with that.

I am usually bluntly honest and I will be here, I am equally frustrated about it as you are and I dont even dare considering e-mailing them. That is the dumbest thing you can do (sorry to put it that way). If you think e-mailing them will speed up your wives process, you are definetly wrong.

Just try to think logically here, how will that benefit you or your case besides make you feel good that you told them what you think? It will benefit it in no way at all. in ZERO (zilch) of possible ways.

Trust me, I have dealt with Canadian government for years (I lived in Canada best part of 6 years) and I can tell you, the worst thing you can do is tell government official how to do his job. No, if you are genuine, they can't screw you over, but they surely can delay your process for you, by simply putting your file below 10 others and processing those 10 first. Or just magnifying every detail in your case for it to take whole 15 months.

One of the reasons I haven't contacted immigration yet. I know that even though each and every single one of us carry that feeling of self-entitlement, technically speaking you can't demand anything until 15 months are past.

I also know its hard to avoid the feeling of "instant gratification", where you just feel like you should have this done instantly (I have raped the E-cas button), but you really should consider how far down the process you are. Both me and you are only about 5 months in and there are people who have been waiting a year or more. Its safe to say they should (and probably will) get their answers first, prior to me or you getting down to the finish line. Of course, there are cases where everything gets resolved within first 3-4 months, but they are extremely rare and clearly haven't been happening in Ankara as of late (because of all Iranian and Syrian files).

Nevertheless, I know how you feel. My wife is currently on disability and I am stuck half-way across the world, where I can find no employment and help her financially and even though we talk every day, it still doesn't make up for much of a physical/moral support either. Its extremely frustrating, especially if you consider all the processing that is going down in ther Visa Offices. But this is one we got and this is one we gotta deal with. So I highly advice you not to message them at all. It might only get you in hot water.

In the end of the day, its really your choice though, I just felt like I should warn you against it. Stay patient and cool.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hi all,

Thanks.
There is only one question you have not answered, have you ordered your gcms notes? The ONLY reason to email Ankara is because of a discrepancy in your file, or something is going to expire (medical) or ELSE I would highly suggest not to do so. NOTHING will make your file advance faster, and like Abe said until you have not passed the 15 months, don't even bother....

We all know that is hard but it will happen!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOW! $7000 is CRAZY to spend on a lawyer! My lawyer wasn't even a quarter of the cost of that.

So sorry about this :( it's a shame that lawyers take advantage of people who are in need! I wish they were more consistent with their costs.

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Agha Mehrdad you were right on the target, when you wrote "maybe we will go in process in the coming week" on January 31st. My wife's application status has finally changed to "IN PROCESS". They have started processing her file on January 31st. It's been a long 7 months and 10 days :)

Please check your application status on-line and hopefully give us the good news soon.

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
lhb007 said:
Agha Mehrdad you were right on the target, when you wrote "maybe we will go in process in the coming week" on January 31st. My wife's application status has finally changed to "IN PROCESS". They have started processing her file on January 31st. It's been a long 7 months and 10 days :)

Please check your application status on-line and hopefully give us the good news soon.
This is a great news. That means they ARE working :p Hopefully you will get the passport request soon. Good luck! :)

Rocky2014

Jan 22, 2014
I send out an email to Ankara last week and they actually emailed me back to say that they will be contacting my wife for the passport request shortly as all the statutory requirements were met and that the application is queue to be finalized. I have no clue what "shortly" means but still waiting anxiously.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
lhb007 said:

Yessss wow great news!!!
Rocky2014 said:
I send out an email to Ankara last week and they actually emailed me back to say that they will be contacting my wife for the passport request shortly as all the statutory requirements were met and that the application is queue to be finalized. I have no clue what "shortly" means but still waiting anxiously.
Can you share with us your timeline please! And glad you got an answer, you are one of the lucky ones that they have answered to....!!!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky2014,
Can you tell me the email address you used? is it something that they had correspondence with you before?

Thank you

Rocky2014 said:

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
lhb007 said:

Such good news for the first workday back in February!! :)

Rocky2014 said:
I also received such a response from Ankara when I notified them that I saw in my husband's GCMS notes that they had put the wrong expiry date for my his passport. I used the Case Specific Inquiry Form: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ankara and they got back to me the next day (!!). They said the same thing: "shortly we will be contacting to request the passport for visa issuance". Didn't mention anything else. I thought it was a standard line and didn't give much notice to it really, lol whoops.