+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
lhb007 said:
Dear friends,

It's just so frustrating to wait for soooooo long and not knowing if anyone is working on our applications or not. I hope we all get some good news soon.
I was wondering, if anyone knows hiring an immigration lawyer would help speed up the process? Do they really followup with the VO on behalf of their clients on a regular basis?

I also have another question regarding GCMS note. Is there any difference between requesting information by email or CD? Do these format provide the same amount of information?

Thanks
Yes it is. Haven't you heard anything yet? I hope your application goes into process soon.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Dear friends,

It's just so frustrating to wait for soooooo long and not knowing if anyone is working on our applications or not. I hope we all get some good news soon.
I was wondering, if anyone knows hiring an immigration lawyer would help speed up the process? Do they really followup with the VO on behalf of their clients on a regular basis?

I also have another question regarding GCMS note. Is there any difference between requesting information by email or CD? Do these format provide the same amount of information?

Thanks
Not at all, according to the application forms and guides, hiring a lawyer or a representative has no impact on the pace of process.

As you have definitely noticed from the spreadsheet, our applications (mine and yours) have taken a longer time to go in process compared with those of others. You can see that we two are the next to go in process. If any of us goes in process and the other one not, then we realize that something is wrong, otherwise we are OK. And also it would be a problem if the people who have had approval after us go in process, but us. Since the office is finished with the previous applications (like Turkey2013, done by Jan 29 as she noted), maybe we will go in process in the coming week. A deep relief! Hopefully.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Dear friends,

Thanks
No, it does not speed up the process. It only helps if you have NO IDEA what the eff you are doing, like me and my hubby HAHAHA

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
This group is so supportive. here I want to thank you all for all of time and effort you put in here. You are all amazing people.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess no one cares as much you do..We did submit our application thru lawyers; and a good one. But I am sure they would not have time to be concerned as much the main applicants themselves. Like everything else, it is a business. Not that I am not happy with them neither am I saying that they are not doing their job.
I am just letting you know that in my opinion, we should all stay positive and embrace what we want the way we want...and of course do as much as is reasonable and required.

Cheers to yellow and then green..

lhb007 said:
Dear friends,

Thanks

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
negmeg said:
I guess no one cares as much you do..We did submit our application thru lawyers; and a good one. But I am sure they would not have time to be concerned as much the main applicants themselves. Like everything else, it is a business. Not that I am not happy with them neither am I saying that they are not doing their job.
I am just letting you know that in my opinion, we should all stay positive and embrace what we want the way we want...and of course do as much as is reasonable and required.

Cheers to yellow and then green..
I gotta say, the more I read this forum, the more I feel like I got jacked by paying to a lawyer (and also a great one). The lawyer we hired was well-known among the immigration lawyers and charged us approximately 7k (with the fees). Needless to say I am not a rich man and neither is my wife, that money (given that at the moment I am unemployed) and she is on short-term disability would be more useful in other directions (home, bills, etc.)

The reason I think that is because all our lawyer did was fill out paperwork. I actually made her work really easy by pre-filling most of paperwork so all she had to do is check,complete and add the documents. Ever since the SA, i haven't heard anything from my lawyer, matter of fact I didnt even get a "Merry Christmas note. I highly doubt that she gives a s hit what will happen from now on. Her secretary was ignorant enough to not even know, that Ankara is the embassy handling it. (though I have to admit she was a fresh one and they never had anyone from our region prior to me).

Needless to say, I left Canada in February 2013, its almost February 2014, the lawyer was paid in full in March, but papers still didnt go in till August...this is what happens when theres no man to control thigs i guess :p :mad:

Still. If anyone is reading this, please listen to me and Dont get a lawyer. Its cheaper to have documents filled out and have a lawyer check them over, than to make them to do the job Because there was no job, but "job" (making it look like they work for their money).

I dont want to say I feel cheated, because I wanna believe the reason, that I paid for quality fill out, but being an extremely straight forward case (2 years together, ton of proof) we both sort of believed, I will be well on my way home by now if we pay the lawyer to de-clutter and only attach to the case what is necessary...

I try not to lose hope and I pray every night for all those who are still waiting for your documents and those who are not re-united with your loved ones yet. Amen.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Abe1004, I totally agree with you. I am not against lawyers. I met a couple of them just for consulting for a TRV. Literally, I knew much more than they did. I even told one of them how the online TRV application works (2-3 months after beginning the process).
I never hired a lawyer for any of my visa applications and PR applications. In my opinion, the CIC guides are complete enough and at the same time there is also tons of help in this forum and other websites which are complete and kindly offered for free.
There could be some benefits for having a lawyer but IMO it is not much if the applicants are very careful during the submission of their applications and do good research about the process and required documents. It is always good that a second pairs of eyes checks the applications and required document very carefully.

Abe1004 said:
I gotta say, the more I read this forum, the more I feel like I got jacked by paying to a lawyer (and also a great one). The lawyer we hired was well-known among the immigration lawyers and charged us approximately 7k (with the fees). Needless to say I am not a rich man and neither is my wife, that money (given that at the moment I am unemployed) and she is on short-term disability would be more useful in other directions (home, bills, etc.)

The reason I think that is because all our lawyer did was fill out paperwork. I actually made her work really easy by pre-filling most of paperwork so all she had to do is check,complete and add the documents. Ever since the SA, i haven't heard anything from my lawyer, matter of fact I didnt even get a "Merry Christmas note. I highly doubt that she gives a s hit what will happen from now on. Her secretary was ignorant enough to not even know, that Ankara is the embassy handling it. (though I have to admit she was a fresh one and they never had anyone from our region prior to me).

Needless to say, I left Canada in February 2013, its almost February 2014, the lawyer was paid in full in March, but papers still didnt go in till August...this is what happens when theres no man to control thigs i guess :p :mad:

Still. If anyone is reading this, please listen to me and Dont get a lawyer. Its cheaper to have documents filled out and have a lawyer check them over, than to make them to do the job Because there was no job, but "job" (making it look like they work for their money).

I dont want to say I feel cheated, because I wanna believe the reason, that I paid for quality fill out, but being an extremely straight forward case (2 years together, ton of proof) we both sort of believed, I will be well on my way home by now if we pay the lawyer to de-clutter and only attach to the case what is necessary...

I try not to lose hope and I pray every night for all those who are still waiting for your documents and those who are not re-united with your loved ones yet. Amen.

Erfan228

Jan 21, 2014
Hi Again
another question, Again
Sorry about asking the questions, again and again
:D
I've sent all the forms to Toronto via TNT to be delivered to CIC next week!
but I'm really confused yet about the form 3911!

Does the pages (18-21) and (27-28) and (29-31) should be filled?
It's written in the top Islamabad, Abu Dhabi and so on!
Somebody help me plz, in order to have sleeps in the night! ;)

Somebody answers Yes, you should fill them and somebody answers No!
What happens if I fill it, whether its necessary or not!
:-X :-X :-X

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erfan228 said:
Hi Again
another question, Again

Hi Erfan.
You only have to mind the pages that are related to your country of residence like the military service information, etc. Plus those that are necessary for everybody to fill, like the Document Checklist pages. No need to include other irrelevant pages from that form.
Sweet dreams man! :p

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Erfan228 said:
Hi Again
another question, Again

Erfan, You don't need to fill the forms which say for Islamabad, Abu Dhabi, and any other country which is not related to you. have a good sleep :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:

In my opinion there are only two cases in which those lawyers deserve the money:

1. The applicant is illiterate.
2. The applicant does not have enough time, or is unwilling to read the guides and fill out the forms and prefers to pay someone to do that.

My wife and I submitted the application ourselves because we had a friend who told us that for this case you do not need to hire a lawyer, you only have to check your completed application with an expert. And we did so thanks to his suggestion.
In fact, the lawyers make their money exactly at the time that people are afraid of some immigration paperwork as an unknown terrain so they pay the lawyers to be confident. Excluding the two situations above, those lawyers really have to stop rubbing people of their money and go look for a decent job. Actually, so far all the steps of my application process have been just like those of others, and I hope it will be in the future with no flaws.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You only need a lawyer if CIC rejects your case and you want to appeal it. This is my opinion.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
SubZero_2 said:
This group is so supportive. here I want to thank you all for all of time and effort you put in here. You are all amazing people.
You’re right SubZero_2. Although many of us come from different backgrounds we have all been thrown into this immigration situation together. It’s a very tiring and stressful situation; however, we are all very respectful and kind to each other on this form and it does provide a great support system. :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
I agree with what others have said about the use of lawyers. I think in some cases it is good to use one, particularly if you have a very complicated case or different situation that could cause problems for your file. I consulted a good legal consultant before we started the process and she said that our case was very straight-forward and clear, and that for us we should only get a lawyer involved if my husband were denied (as Galip said), otherwise it would be a waste of money. But every couple is different.

To those just starting the process of filling out the forms: take your time! I know you might want to rush (the sooner the papers are sent the sooner you can be with your loved one), but it is better to go slow and be sure you fill out everything completely and your proofs are good and well thought out. Also, whether English is your first language or not, get another pair of eyes to look at your documents (like distcom said). I even had my mom sit down with me and look through EVERYTHING after we completed it and before we were going to send it to Mississauga (mom knows best right? Hahaha ;) ).

To everyone waiting that has no gone in process yet: hang in there! You are in a waiting line for an officer to open your file. Keep checking that lovely spreadsheet lboxixodl maintains and you will see where you fall in place. From all the cases we see here on this form with Ankara, generally speaking once you see “in process” on Ecas, it usually means Eligibility, Criminality and Medical are all passed. The long processing time is actually not "processing" but "waiting". Don’t lose hope, please!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:
I agree with what others have said about the use of lawyers. I think in some cases it is good to use one, particularly if you have a very complicated case or different situation that could cause problems for your file. I consulted a good legal consultant before we started the process and she said that our case was very straight-forward and clear, and that for us we should only get a lawyer involved if my husband were denied (as Galip said), otherwise it would be a waste of money. But every couple is different.

To those just starting the process of filling out the forms: take your time! I know you might want to rush (the sooner the papers are sent the sooner you can be with your loved one), but it is better to go slow and be sure you fill out everything completely and your proofs are good and well thought out. Also, whether English is your first language or not, get another pair of eyes to look at your documents (like distcom said). I even had my mom sit down with me and look through EVERYTHING after we completed it and before we were going to send it to Mississauga (mom knows best right? Hahaha ;) ).

To everyone waiting that has no gone in process yet: hang in there! You are in a waiting line for an officer to open your file. Keep checking that lovely spreadsheet lboxixodl maintains and you will see where you fall in place. From all the cases we see here on this form with Ankara, generally speaking once you see “in process” on Ecas, it usually means Eligibility, Criminality and Medical are all passed. The long processing time is actually not "processing" but "waiting". Don't lose hope, please!
Great words of wisdom and empathy! The only ones that know what you are going thru and feel the impatient period of the unknown, is each and everyone of us that are, that have been thru it...it is easier to say on my end now , don't worry it will come....to have someone decide on our futur together is a stressful time but once it is done, you will feel like a ton has been lifted from your shoulders...I care for each and everyone of you guys, and have included you in my prayers everyday! THE BEST IS YET TO COME HAVE FAITH !!!